PS4 remote play streaming is unexpectedly bad

TubsAlwaysWins

I am trying to get remote play working on my PS4 so I can play on an iMac (Its a long story, but basically work and limited computer space and stuff).  I have the settings set to 720p and 60fps, but its alot slower than it should be. The resolution looks like its 360 or 480p, and the fps drops below 30 sometimes. Anyone know why this could be? They are both plugged into a Netgear GS716T switch in ports right next to each other.

Thoughts?

Breaking things 1 day at a time

Why not use the other Thread you made??

And the "27 inch iMac 11.3" is from mid 2010

https://everymac.com/ultimate-mac-lookup/?search_keywords=iMac11,3

And the Hardware looks pretty shitty, so its entirely possible that its not up to what you want and the CPU or GPU too slow.
Because that also needs some decoding on the PC side.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

1 hour ago, Stefan Payne said:

And the Hardware looks pretty shitty, so its entirely possible that its not up to what you want and the CPU or GPU too slow.

Alright ill look into it

3 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Well its not the computer. I got a couple programs running in the background and none of the hardware ramps up in usage or temps. Also its on the high end of those. (i7 and upgraded to 12GB of RAM)

On 7/6/2018 at 1:04 PM, TubsAlwaysWins said:

Well its not the computer. I got a couple programs running in the background and none of the hardware ramps up in usage or temps. Also its on the high end of those. (i7 and upgraded to 12GB of RAM)

It can still be the computer, as hardware being from 2010 may not be capable of even decoding 60FPS 720p video streamed via remote play, even if other video streaming services work OK, such as YouTube 720p60 for example. If you have another computer you can wire in to the switch / router to test performance, you can narrow down the variable causing slower than expected streaming / stuttering.

As for getting your PS4 controller to work via Bluetooth as you were asking in the other thread, I don't know if this is fully possible on MacOS, as it even took a long time to be supported on Windows, and required the use of DS4Windows for the longest time.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)