Walleye

Crunchy Dragon

Going fishing tomorrow morning to a spot that's said to be good for walleye, wondering if any of y'all had any tips for a newbie.

I know about needing a high quality metal stringer if I'm gonna bring some home, as well as a good leader(mine is rated for 20lbs).

Anything else I should know?

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

20lbs? HAH! Make it 6 pounds for the ultimate challenge!

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

11 minutes ago, DarkEnergy said:

20lbs? HAH! Make it 6 pounds for the ultimate challenge!

They were bought with the intention of pike fishing.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

They were bought with the intention of pike fishing.

For a "newbie" fishing for pike or walleye is quite the start. I'm fairly new to fishing as well, I intended on going this summer but haven't committed to the 10 mile bike ride there and 10 miles back. Going fishing is going to be like, the longest time you'll be away from the forum. ;)

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

29 minutes ago, DarkEnergy said:

For a "newbie" fishing for pike or walleye is quite the start. I'm fairly new to fishing as well, I intended on going this summer but haven't committed to the 10 mile bike ride there and 10 miles back. Going fishing is going to be like, the longest time you'll be away from the forum. ;)

I've been fishing for roughly a decade. Though mostly for bluegill, largemouth bass, and crappie.

Never gone for pike or walleye before though.