Zero air cooling

Jerryyyz

I have an 870-100nv that has a REALLY small case with only the liquid cooling outtake fan. ONLY. With no more space for spare fans. The gpu goes up to 86 degrees on heavy load. Should I buy the 570x case? My budget is kind of limited right.

A pic would be helpful.

Is it a blower style gpu or not? I would think a blower with a prebuilt, but it sounds like it may not be.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I'm sure there is like a $50 case that will be much better for air flow, shop around for ones that include case fans.

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

What kind of load are you testing with? 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

First of all, I am looking forward to the 570x but I am worried about my watt usage as I have 500w with an i7 6700k and a gtx1080( also 32gb of ram, wlan and bluetooth cards, a dvd drive which I am going to remove and an hdd with 3tb and 5.4 rpm and an ssd). The load I am testing with isn't really considered testing but its more like my daily use, which means playing video games. Such as for honor, Rust and Assasin's Creed Origins. Funny enough in Assasin's Creed Origins it thermal throtled?( It made a VERY loud fan sound)

I am just looking for a case with pre installed fans with preferably a glass cover.

19 hours ago, Jerryyyz said:

First of all, I am looking forward to the 570x but I am worried about my watt usage as I have 500w with an i7 6700k and a gtx1080( also 32gb of ram, wlan and bluetooth cards, a dvd drive which I am going to remove and an hdd with 3tb and 5.4 rpm and an ssd). The load I am testing with isn't really considered testing but its more like my daily use, which means playing video games. Such as for honor, Rust and Assasin's Creed Origins. Funny enough in Assasin's Creed Origins it thermal throtled?( It made a VERY loud fan sound)

If you're using the system with its stock components, you shouldn't worry about the psu not being powerful enough. 500w is fine as long as it's a psu of good quality. 

Loud fans do not indicate thermal throttling. If the system is throttling, you should see it in the form of performance drops.

A case with more fan support like the 570x should definitely help temps. 

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

6 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

If you're using the system with its stock components, you shouldn't worry about the psu not being powerful enough. 500w is fine as long as it's a psu of good quality. 

Loud fans do not indicate thermal throttling. If the system is throttling, you should see it in the form of performance drops.

A case with more fan support like the 570x should definitely help temps. 

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

It's a Hp 80 plus bronze 500w. Is that good quality?

11 hours ago, Jerryyyz said:

It's a Hp 80 plus bronze 500w. Is that good quality?

That's not enough information to go on. What's the model name?

Are you using the system with its stock components?

I don't really know a lot more. I use the stock components of the system.

11 hours ago, Jerryyyz said:

I don't really know a lot more. I use the stock components of the system.

The model name should be on a sticker label at the side of the psu.

The system should be fine with the included psu and you shouldn't worry about it unless you encounter issues that may indicate a problem with it.

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

8 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

The model name should be on a sticker label at the side of the psu.

The system should be fine with the included psu and you shouldn't worry about it unless you encounter issues that may indicate a problem with it.

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Model name is 80 plus bronze from hp

On 16.6.2018 at 4:18 PM, Nikedi said:

Cable management would help

no, Luke did a video and tested this, cable management made absolutely ZERO difference and the only way to get the temperatures to increase was to put empty boxes and extra sets of cables into the case.

1 hour ago, Pixel5 said:

no, Luke did a video and tested this, cable management made absolutely ZERO difference and the only way to get the temperatures to increase was to put empty boxes and extra sets of cables into the case.

think he means to get it better organized so we can get a better look of his layout.

Pretty hard to see with that lump of wire blocking the inside

10 hours ago, Jerryyyz said:

Model name is 80 plus bronze from hp

That's the efficiency rating and not the model name.

For example, the name here is ATX0300AWWA Rev. A00

SP%20006.JPG