Best laptop for 1500 and under

I am off to college next year and need a good laptop. I don't give a shit about how good or fancy it looks with its "ultra thin bezels" or "a 4k screen with 100 percent sRGB". Im not going to use it for gaming just productivity. I am going into Engineering so I may need to use auto Cad programs and other 3D imaging programs when im not able to be on my desktop. The last thing I need is a certain amount of portability as Im going to be carrying it with me everywhere I go. My price range is of course listed in the title. And Ideas? Thinking about the Insprion 14 7000.

if you're going to use it for college , get a cheaper laptop

you aren't going to be very upset when your 500$ laptop gets dropped or stolen , but you'll be very upset if your 1500$ laptop does.

plus keep in mind , the more expensive the laptop the faster it looses it's value. Not from a resale standpoint , but from a money wasted standpoint. the 1500$ laptop isn't going to be 3x the speed of the 500$ laptop , but it costs 3 times as much. So i'd set your sights a lot lower if i were you

I would suggest this laptop. ASUS ZenBook UX430UA-DH74. It has a Quad core, 16GB of RAM and it has 512BGB M.2 drive. It is 1047 US dollars and it is light weight and it small. 

3 hours ago, RazerDeath said:

I would suggest this laptop. ASUS ZenBook UX430UA-DH74. It has a Quad core, 16GB of RAM and it has 512BGB M.2 drive. It is 1047 US dollars and it is light weight and it small. 

Is their really much of a difference between ddr3 and ddr4 ram?

8 minutes ago, Mike2121 said:

Is their really much of a difference between ddr3 and ddr4 ram?

For real world usage, not really. Getting the Zenbook or Dell's XPS 15 9560 in the 1080p screen variant are both great options for long battery life and amazing performance when using CPU intensive programs like AutoCAD or media editing suites like Adobe CC or AVID's ProTools. 100% recommend 16GB RAM and at least a 256GB SSD if not 512GB SSD as you'll benefit both from the durability and speed compared to a spinning rust disk.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

What's your budget?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128