Asrock H100m HDV R3.0 XMP options

Hello, I have asrock h110m hdv r3.0 and it supports Intel XMP. I tried to put 2266 MHz and it's working, but I can put it to 2400. I have Crucial 2133MHz, also I read that it could go wrong.Does it worth the risk to try 2400MHz on XMP? Also does anyone is using 2400MHz with h110?

12 minutes ago, Qucd said:

Hello, I have asrock h110m hdv r3.0 and it supports Intel XMP. I tried to put 2266 MHz and it's working, but I can put it to 2400. I have Crucial 2133MHz, also I read that it could go wrong.Does it worth the risk to try 2400MHz on XMP? Also does anyone is using 2400MHz with h110?

If the memory is rated for 2400MHz enable that XMP profile. The H110 chipset doesn't support higher speeds anyway.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, NelizMastr said:

If the memory is rated for 2400MHz enable that XMP profile. The H110 chipset doesn't support higher speeds anyway.

The memory is rated 2133MHz, that's why I'm asking if it's worth the risk.

2 minutes ago, Qucd said:

The memory is rated 2133MHz, that's why I'm asking if it's worth the risk.

It shouldn't even let you set any higher speeds tbh. If it's stable, sure why not. There is no real risk involved as it's likely just going to be unstable.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

It shouldn't even let you set any higher speeds tbh. If it's stable, sure why not. There is no real risk involved as it's likely just going to be unstable.

That's what XMP does. Overclocking the ram MHz's.I don't know if i want to try it on 2400MHz.

5 minutes ago, Qucd said:

That's what XMP does. Overclocking the ram MHz's.I don't know if i want to try it on 2400MHz.

Well yeah, but XMP reads profiles from the SPD, so the controller chips on the RAM itself, and shouldn't allow other profiles to be set than supported.

Well yeah, but XMP reads profiles from the SPD, so the controller chips on the RAM itself, and shouldn't allow other profiles to be set than supported.

So just to give it a try? If 2400MHz is working, I want to make it on 15 CAS Latency. Or this will be too much :D

3 minutes ago, Qucd said:

So just to give it a try? If 2400MHz is working, I want to make it on 15 CAS Latency. Or this will be too much :D

You can always try. It won't die from overclocking such an insignificant amount :P

3 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

You can always try. It won't die from overclocking such an insignificant amount :P

Okay thanks. Will try it later !