Z370 Motherboard ?! 8700k

fak1t

Hey mates, my final options are this motherboards (Noctua U14S and Corsair RM650X)

Asus Z370 Prime A
Asus Z370 Strix F

Btw do i have any better option than Gskil 2x8gb DDR4 3200mhz cl16 TridentZ white and black F4-3200C16D-16GTZKW for the same value?i would love to know if this is a samsung or hynx memory.

23 minutes ago, fak1t said:

Hey mates, my final options are this motherboards (Noctua U14S and Corsair RM650X)

Asus Z370 Prime A
Asus Z370 Strix F

Btw do i have any better option than Gskil 2x8gb DDR4 3200mhz cl16 TridentZ white and black F4-3200C16D-16GTZKW for the same value?i would love to know if this is a samsung or hynx memory.

What do you need your PC for and what's your parts list budget/country?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

24 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

What do you need your PC for and what's your parts list budget/country?

Hey,

I will use it for editing 40% (Premiere pro, after effects and davinci resolve) and 60% gaming/streaming. Im leaving in OPorto City (Portugal) the Prime A is 20 euros cheaper.

Cheers

6 minutes ago, fak1t said:

No idea on your parts availability/pricing, but for streaming get an R7 2700X, the extra cores/threads are going to help there for sure, and the soldered IHS is nice for temps.

German part picker link anyways. Just be sure to go for 2800mhz or higher RAM for Ryzen, X470 fixed compatibility a ton.

and X470 comes with the really neat StoreMI tech for better speed from your hard drive if you're using one for mass storage.

PCPartPicker part list: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/N4Rcq4
Price breakdown by merchant: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/N4Rcq4/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz 8-Core Processor  (€319.00 @ ARLT)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€147.44 @ Mindfactory)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€152.74 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €619.18
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-04-26 05:22 CEST+0200

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

No idea on your parts availability/pricing, but for streaming get an R7 2700X, the extra cores/threads are going to help there for sure, and the soldered IHS is nice for temps.

German part picker link anyways. Just be sure to go for 2800mhz or higher RAM for Ryzen, X470 fixed compatibility a ton.

and X470 comes with the really neat StoreMI tech for better speed from your hard drive if you're using one for mass storage.

PCPartPicker part list: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/N4Rcq4
Price breakdown by merchant: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/N4Rcq4/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz 8-Core Processor  (€319.00 @ ARLT)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€147.44 @ Mindfactory)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€152.74 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €619.18
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-04-26 05:22 CEST+0200

Ty so much for the info , sadly i  need to buy the components in portugal and its really hard to find a x470 motherboard atm. Is the Cryorig h7 a better solution than the wraith prism cooler? . I could use a u14s on the 8700k just because the intel cpu is cheaper and i do believe the intel cpu  faster using the adobe collection, in terms of streaming gamer nexus used the medium setting on obs , i will use fast or veryfast 8mb bitrate or nvenc codec.

Im using a gtx 970 until the new nvidia gpus. Will the 2700x do the same job comparing with the 8700k with my gtx 970?1080p

36 minutes ago, fak1t said:

Ryzen 2xxx is going to be at about 105fps in the average AAA game, Coffee Lake around 120+fps. for 1080p 60hz either are fine.

For streaming Ryzen lets you basically use 4 cores/8 threads for the game, and 4 cores/8 threads for OBS, Lets your stream be higher quality as well potentially for the same bit rate with a higher/overkill CPU preset.

In addition if you're doing video rendering work, you can give premiere/resolve 4 cores 8 threads and render while you play games.

You can just use Ryzen 2xxx on an X370 chipset as well, just needs a BIOS update. No major difference there. Jay compared the stock cooler to a noctua cooler.

Spoiler