Computer Ramdomly Freezes

JulioGalan

Hello,

I’ll try to make this as quick as possible. Whenever I am using my computer there are times in which it will freeze and I will still hear the audio in the background (from a game I was playing or youtube video I was watching) but the screens freeze. I run tripple monitors so it’s not the monitors malfunctioning unless ALL 3 stopped working at the exact same time (they’re all different brands). 

There is always 1 of 2 possible scenarios:

1. Everything freezes but I still hear audio (first video)

2. Everything freezes for a second then my screens go black (second video) 

Because I can still hear audio my best guess is that it’s my graphics card which is messed up. I have had it for a couple years now but I have taken great care of my entire build as of now so I have no idea what could have caused the malfunction. 

Video 1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RLQIhuRbW247tZB-S4GS-XXeEZllNOr9

Video 2: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_nsnqAdM0eHO-k2N53JJDN_vIFxnMVSw

Specs:

GPU: GeForce GTX 760

PSU: Corsair CX 750 M

Motherboard: msi Z97S SLI Krait Edition

Processor: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHZ

Thank you! 

9 minutes ago, JulioGalan said:

Hello,

I’ll try to make this as quick as possible. Whenever I am using my computer there are times in which it will freeze and I will still hear the audio in the background (from a game I was playing or youtube video I was watching) but the screens freeze. I run tripple monitors so it’s not the monitors malfunctioning unless ALL 3 stopped working at the exact same time (they’re all different brands). 

There is always 1 of 2 possible scenarios:

1. Everything freezes but I still hear audio (first video)

2. Everything freezes for a second then my screens go black (second video) 

Because I can still hear audio my best guess is that it’s my graphics card which is messed up. I have had it for a couple years now but I have taken great care of my entire build as of now so I have no idea what could have caused the malfunction. 

Video 1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RLQIhuRbW247tZB-S4GS-XXeEZllNOr9

Video 2: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_nsnqAdM0eHO-k2N53JJDN_vIFxnMVSw

Specs:

GC: GeForce GTX 760

PSU: Corsair CX 750 M

Motherboard: msi Z97S SLI Krait Edition

Processor: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHZ

Thank you! 

What psu are you using? and are the video drivers up to date? These two things fixed the same issue with a gtx 760 from a friend of mine.

Just now, ItzRuben said:

What psu are you using? and are the video drivers up to date? These two things fixed the same issue with a gtx 760 from a friend of mine.

Hey,

I will try to update my drivers again but AFAIK I had them updated, and the PSU is in the OP.

I didn't see the psu in the OP lol, the problem could be that the power supply is not stable enough anymore. I do not know why that would be so since it is a fairly new and expensive power supply.

12 minutes ago, JulioGalan said:

Hey,

I will try to update my drivers again but AFAIK I had them updated, and the PSU is in the OP.

What happens why you try to disconnect as many things as possible from your pc? So only one monitor and stuff.

1 minute ago, ItzRuben said:

What happens why you try to disconnect as many things as possible from your pc? So only one monitor and stuff.

I tried one monitor as well but I am having the same issue still. It's with any running program too so it's not program specific.

Just now, JulioGalan said:

I tried one monitor as well but I am having the same issue still. It's with any running program too so it's not program specific.

Does your pc have onboard video?

Just now, ItzRuben said:

Does your pc have onboard video?

No idea what that means

3 minutes ago, JulioGalan said:

No idea what that means

Many pc's have an sort of secondary graphics card. So when you disconnect your 760 you can plug your cables into the io on the motherboard. It won't be af powerfull as your 760 but you can try youtube and cs:go

Just now, ItzRuben said:

Many pc's have an sort of secondary graphics card. So when you disconnect your 760 you can plug your cables into the io on the motherboard. It won't be af powerfull as your 760 but you can try youtube and cs:go

Oh I've tried that before and it didn't work at all. Anyways I managed to turn my computer back on but it will randomly shut down/freeze any second now. I am currently updating my drivers.

5 hours ago, JulioGalan said:

Oh I've tried that before and it didn't work at all. Anyways I managed to turn my computer back on but it will randomly shut down/freeze any second now. I am currently updating my drivers.

1. Could be your graphics card being OC'ed too high.

2. Could be a slow hard drive, if you're on a ssd i doubt it. <--- (HIGH DOUBT ITS THIS ONE)

3. Memory speed might be too high or isn't stable try and tweak somethings in the bios.

p.s keep me updated.

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @3.85Ghz, MotherBoard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F, RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB 3000Mhz

GPU: GALAX GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White, Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White, Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, PSU: Corsair CX650M

4 hours ago, PokiDaSpitz said:

1. Could be your graphics card being OC'ed too high.

2. Could be a slow hard drive, if you're on a ssd i doubt it. <--- (HIGH DOUBT ITS THIS ONE)

3. Memory speed might be too high or isn't stable try and tweak somethings in the bios.

p.s keep me updated.

1. My rig is definitely not overclocked, it's a really simple build that I use for programming and casual gaming.

2. I run a HDD along with an SSD, so like you I doubt it's that

3. Not entirely sure how I could test this to be completely honest

4 hours ago, JulioGalan said:

1. My rig is definitely not overclocked, it's a really simple build that I use for programming and casual gaming.

2. I run a HDD along with an SSD, so like you I doubt it's that

3. Not entirely sure how I could test this to be completely honest

Is your bios updated?, is your os and programs that freeze when you are on them installed on the ssd?

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @3.85Ghz, MotherBoard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F, RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB 3000Mhz

GPU: GALAX GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White, Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White, Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, PSU: Corsair CX650M