A list of macOS apps for anyone just got into the world of macOS.

Here are some of the links I have found online if you want to know what kind of app you can download/use on your newly purchased mac. 

It varies from productivity apps to youtube downloader to tools that you need when it comes to development. 

Knock yourself out on these apps. We all know that apps on mac app store kind of sucks. Unless they are paid ones that comes from a known company. 

https://github.com/nikitavoloboev/my-mac-os#applications

https://github.com/jaywcjlove/awesome-mac#markdown-editors 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

can the mods pin this thread or something? 

i will add more lists into this thread whenever I found something interesting. 

It would be nice if you could post the actual links to the apps instead of screenshots and a link to the github page, in my opinion.

Besides, since it's MIT licensed you could literally copy the whole thing over and add your own suggestions. That would make this worth pinning.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

It would be nice if you could post the actual links to the apps instead of screenshots and a link to the github page, in my opinion.

Besides, since it's MIT licensed you could literally copy the whole thing over and add your own suggestions. That would make this worth pinning.

ah.. I see. you think I should copy those links and text and paste them here.. kk maybe I will do that. 

14 hours ago, Sauron said:

I had the same thought, but then I checked the links. Way too comprehensive to put in a post. I'd instead prefer curated "essentials" selection for the opening post.

@mrchow19910319 Those enormous pictures need to go ASAP. They don't add much, and they kill everyone using the night theme.

I literally just have the Mac Office suite (Pages etc), Spotify and Vuze - as well as the default applications.