Notification number

Jtalk4456

Every now and then lately I've noticed it'll say I have 3 new notif's but when i click to open, 7 or 8 are in bold, meaning they are new notifications. I haven't checked to see if this is happening at home, but it's happened 5 or 6 times now at work. 

Work specs

win 10

Chrome

no computer specs that are on the case and it doesn't let us touch settings or file manager, but they are pretty quick. I think i saw them unpacking the computers and they were 7th gen i5 or i7 with 8 gb ram

Any ideas?

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

Are you loading the notification dropdown, or going to the full notification page?

Is it happening just after the page has loaded, or has the page been loaded for >30s?

What is the content of the first few notifications?

HTTP/2 203

1 minute ago, colonel_mortis said:

Are you loading the notification dropdown, or going to the full notification page?

Is it happening just after the page has loaded, or has the page been loaded for >30s?

What is the content of the first few notifications?

dropdown

>30 sec

most of my notifs are reactions and replies. I'll see if there's a pattern as I see it

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

and it's not every time, just sometimes

it just did it. It was 6 showing as the number on the bell, but there were 8 notif's. They were actually pretty evenly spread, 2 posts 3 replies and 3 reacts

Hmmm, I can't see why that would happen, and I've not been able to catch your account in a situation where that would have occurred while debugging it today.

Are you behind any sort of corporate firewall/caching server? If so, can you check whether it might be intercepting the encrypted connection by doing the following:

• Click the "Secure" icon to the left of the URL in the address bar/omnibox
  • Click "Certificate (Valid)"
  • Check whether the certificate displayed is for "sni215800.cloudflaressl.com", with a SHA-1 Fingerprint of 5B 68 0B 67 B7 10 92 C1 EA B8 72 F6 38 A7 13 99
    48 20 33 2B
    (if the first 6 digits match, there's no point checking the rest).

Next time it happens, can you also take a screenshot of the notification list as it showed up, and post it here along with the time (as exactly as possible) when you opened the notification dropdown and experienced this bug?

HTTP/2 203

all that looks good, I'll try catching it any time i check notifs

2:40 PM EST It said I had one notification

image.png.84d007af37380517724b2fad2e2dd534.png

I meant to prtscn when it had the number before i clicked but i wasn't thinking and hit it again before i pasted it

Just now, Jtalk4456 said:

2:40 PM EST It said I had one notification

image.png.84d007af37380517724b2fad2e2dd534.png

I meant to prtscn when it had the number before i clicked but i wasn't thinking and hit it again before i pasted it

That's because the most recent notification was received "just now". The number only updates once per 30s (ish, and much less frequently once the page has been left open without navigating somewhere else for a while), while the actual list is loaded from the server when you request it and can therefore contain notifications that occurred after the number was last updated.

HTTP/2 203

i'll try it with notifications that are older and see if that's all it is