Controlling your music in the car through bluetooth (Android devices)

I'm having some issues trying to sync my phone's music to my car.  I can get it to play music through BT but I can't select albums, tracks, artists, or playlists through the dash.  I can control Poweramp (the app I'm using) and select my music on the phone, but that's not really what I was hoping for.  I was wondering if anyone knew how to configure Poweramp (or any other music player for Android) to run smoothly with car receivers.  Otherwise, I'm going to have to suck it up and bring my old iPod with me for these drives.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 
· Monitor: Acer XB270HU

I'm having some issues trying to sync my phone's music to my car.  I can get it to play music through BT but I can't select albums, tracks, artists, or playlists through the dash.  I can control Poweramp (the app I'm using) and select my music on the phone, but that's not really what I was hoping for.  I was wondering if anyone knew how to configure Poweramp (or any other music player for Android) to run smoothly with car receivers.  Otherwise, I'm going to have to suck it up and bring my old iPod with me for these drives.

What car?

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

What kind of car...That's the question.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

2012 Lexus RX 350.  I'm able to pair it to the car for both phone and music.  However, in the car's audio player, it just plays the songs in alphabetical order (beginning with the Talking Head's "(Nothing But) Flowers").  No options to select a track, playlist, album, et cetera.  I can manually select all of that on my phone if I wish but that's not really a good option when I'll be driving.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 
· Monitor: Acer XB270HU