Finding X370 motherboard

As the title said, I want to find a motherboard as a replacement of my dead motherboard from previous thread:
https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/915709-gigabyte-ga-ab350-gaming-3-is-dead-after-replacing-ram-with-rgb-sticks-just-an-unlucky-coincidence/

I have:

- Ryzen 5 1600

- Corsair Vengeance RGB CMR16GX4M2C3000C15 8GB x 2

- Enermax Triathlor Eco 1000W

- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

- Western Digital Blue 4TB

- HIS RX 480 8GB

- Thermaltake View 27

Since I have a spare RX 470 8GB as well, I think I might want to choose X370 motherboard so I can use both my VGA in a CrossFire mode.

Have any recommendations for bang for the bucks X370 motherboard?

Right now I am considering a used AsRock X370 Taichi for around JPY 15000 (USD 140) with one-week warranty. Is it worth?

1 minute ago, za22061991 said:

As the title said, I want to find a motherboard as a replacement of my dead motherboard from previous thread:
https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/915709-gigabyte-ga-ab350-gaming-3-is-dead-after-replacing-ram-with-rgb-sticks-just-an-unlucky-coincidence/

I have:

- Ryzen 5 1600

- Corsair Vengeance RGB CMR16GX4M2C3000C15 8GB x 2

- Enermax Triathlor Eco 1000W

- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

- Western Digital Blue 4TB

- HIS RX 480 8GB

- Thermaltake View 27

Since I have a spare RX 470 8GB as well, I think I might want to choose X370 motherboard so I can use both my VGA in a CrossFire mode.

Have any recommendations for bang for the bucks X370 motherboard?

Right now I am considering a used AsRock X370 Taichi for around JPY 15000 (USD 140) with one-week warranty. Is it worth?

One WEEK warranty? You sure it's not a year?

Asrock is good. MSI is better IMO, but only because I like the aesthetic a little more. Both brands are quite reliable from reviews. If you want pretty and reliable, MSI. If you want cheaper but still reliable, AsRock.

Pretty much can't go too wrong with any of the x370 boards honestly

10 hours ago, dragonhart6505 said:

Asrock is good. MSI is better IMO, but only because I like the aesthetic a little more. Both brands are quite reliable from reviews. If you want pretty and reliable, MSI. If you want cheaper but still reliable, AsRock.

Yes, it is just one week warranty since it is used one.

New AsRock X370 Taichi with 2 years warranty will cost me around JPY 23500 (USD 220), so I am still considering which way to go since my last used GA AB350 with one week warranty failed after only around 3 months :( 

10 hours ago, Alexsolo said:

X470 Motherboards are coming to market soon, and as for brands I'd suggest ASUS. 

https://videocardz.com/75725/asus-x470-rog-strix-prime-motherboards-leaked

They will likely be releasing alongside the Ryzen 2 processors.

That is also my another consideration, should I wait till the end of April for (probably) new X470?

Consider waiting for X470. If you want a decent X370 board that isn't too much I suggest the X370 Prime Pro

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

3 hours ago, dragonhart6505 said:

MSI is not better in any sense of the word "looks" are subjective and in terms of VRM quality they are crap even their x370 titanium board uses cheaper VRM it just shoves a lot of them in and puts a massive heatsink on

4 hours ago, dragonhart6505 said:

You most definitely can. The Prime A has the same 4 phase as on Asus' B350 boards, Gigabyte only has crap except for the Gaming 5 and K7, MSI only has crap and Asrock has things like the Pro4. 

:)

4 hours ago, SMBGUY said:

MSI is not better in any sense of the word "looks" are subjective and in terms of VRM quality they are crap even their x370 titanium board uses cheaper VRM it just shoves a lot of them in and puts a massive heatsink on

4 hours ago, seon123 said:

You most definitely can. The Prime A has the same 4 phase as on Asus' B350 boards, Gigabyte only has crap except for the Gaming 5 and K7, MSI only has crap and Asrock has things like the Pro4. 

Built and repaired a few systems using MSI boards on various generational platforms. Only ever had one come back and it was because the user went poking and prodding where they shouldn't have. Not sure what your problems were, but experiences differ and I can't fault you for your mistrust. Personally I find them pretty good. It's an opinion and we're all allowed to disagree.

On 4/13/2018 at 1:59 AM, Alexsolo said:

A replenished stock of new X470 boards could mean cheaper prices, and bigger selection/quantity for you to choose from.

Also anything brand new from ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI should come with 3 year warranty.

On 4/13/2018 at 2:13 AM, DocSwag said:

Consider waiting for X470. If you want a decent X370 board that isn't too much I suggest the X370 Prime Pro

On 4/13/2018 at 5:41 AM, SMBGUY said:

On 4/13/2018 at 5:54 AM, seon123 said:

On 4/13/2018 at 10:35 AM, dragonhart6505 said:

Built and repaired a few systems using MSI boards on various generational platforms. Only ever had one come back and it was because the user went poking and prodding where they shouldn't have. Not sure what your problems were, but experiences differ and I can't fault you for your mistrust. Personally I find them pretty good. It's an opinion and we're all allowed to disagree.

Since I might not come with X470 anyway, now I'm considering Asrock X370 Gaming K4 for 15000JPY (140 USD).

Any comment?

X370 K4 won't cause many issues with R5 1600, but i wouldn't recommend it.

Trusty midend boards are Gigabyte Gaming 5 (buttons) and Strix X370-F (beefy VRM).

Good lowend is the Prime X370-Pro.

Wait if X470s are compatible with first gen Ryzen and eventually get something from Asus/Gigabyte lineup as they provide quality mid-end boards.

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

1 hour ago, dave_k said:

X370 K4 won't cause many issues with R5 1600, but i wouldn't recommend it.

Trusty midend boards are Gigabyte Gaming 5 (buttons) and Strix X370-F (beefy VRM).

Good lowend is the Prime X370-Pro.

Wait if X470s are compatible with first gen Ryzen and eventually get something from Asus/Gigabyte lineup as they provide quality mid-end boards.

May I ask why you wouldn't recommend Gaming K4?

Gaming 5 is a no-go, too expensive.

To go to Strix X370-F price level, I might also consider AsRock Professional Gaming.

Funny fact, AsRock Professional Gaming is cheaper (equals to 30 USD cheaper) compared to AsRock Taichi which is IMO best mid-end X370.

there are good promotions for x370 boards right now that X470 is coming out. I don't think you need to brake the bank for a good motherboard for the R5 1600. I paid 70€ for my MSI X370 Gaming PRO.

Don't know if it's worth to buy X470 because with a 1st gen Ryzen you won't get the most out of it anyway and the new features i believe you wont be able to use them.

This is a good ryzen mobos guide

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/3131-the-best-amd-ryzen-motherboards-for-overclocking-x370-b350

1 hour ago, za22061991 said:

May I ask why you wouldn't recommend Gaming K4?

Gaming 5 is a no-go, too expensive.

To go to Strix X370-F price level, I might also consider AsRock Professional Gaming.

Funny fact, AsRock Professional Gaming is cheaper (equals to 30 USD cheaper) compared to AsRock Taichi which is IMO best mid-end X370.

The K4 was a great motherboard in the first revision, but the PCB had a manafacturing defect limit memory overclocking, the second revision had worse VRM (they removed LLC and changed the voltage controller). Then they stopped making it.

If you cant get G5 or x370f, go for the K4

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

1 hour ago, asus killer said:

there are good promotions for x370 boards right now that X470 is coming out. I don't think you need to brake the bank for a good motherboard for the R5 1600. I paid 70€ for my MSI X370 Gaming PRO.

Don't know if it's worth to buy X470 because with a 1st gen Ryzen you won't get the most out of it anyway and the new features i believe you wont be able to use them.

This is a good ryzen mobos guide

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/3131-the-best-amd-ryzen-motherboards-for-overclocking-x370-b350

40 minutes ago, dave_k said:

The K4 was a great motherboard in the first revision, but the PCB had a manafacturing defect limit memory overclocking, the second revision had worse VRM (they removed LLC and changed the voltage controller). Then they stopped making it.

If you cant get G5 or x370f, go for the K4

Okay, thank you all for your valuable information. For sure I will take them into my consideration for buying new motherboard. :)