This New Camera Stabilizer Could Change Cinematography Forever

Jrjy3

There is a new camera stabilizer coming out called the MÅVI. It looks completely amazing.

It uses a 3-axis gyroscope to detect movements and then digitally stabilizes the camera.

If you're thinking about getting it, think again. The current model is $15,000 (USD) with a $7,000 option coming soon.

Check out this gif of it in action:

movi3.gif

Source: http://gizmodo.com/5993678/this-new-...graphy-forever

I watched the video for this earlier and OMFG it is INCREDIBLE, i dont have $15k to buy one but for the film industry is the pocket change.

The footage is pretty spectacular to be honest. I bet steadicam are pretty pissed right now as this literally made them obsolete.

That is the coolest thing ever. I wonder how many years it took to actually get the first working prototype.

while (true) {

live();

}

The footage is pretty spectacular to be honest. I bet steadicam are pretty pissed right now as this literally made them obsolete.

They are not obsolete as long as they keep a lower price xD

*Take that back if this is actually possible/real and cheaper:

That is spectacular tech as a cinematography enthusiast I'm dying to see the shots they could pull with it o.o

Main Rig: i7 3770k, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LP, MSI MPower Z77, Corsair H60, MSI GTX 780 LightningI, Ultra X4 1050Watts, 128gb SSD, 4tb Storage.

Lappy: ASUS G46VW i7 3630QM,  16Gb Corsair Vengeance, 128gb SSD, 500gb HDD, 1600x900 Screen. 

They are not obsolete as long as they keep a lower price xD

*Take that back if this is actually possible/real and cheaper:

That is spectacular tech as a cinematography enthusiast I'm dying to see the shots they could pull with it o.o

Even though that is pretty much the same thing, it is not as effective because the camera will still get small shakes. That device gets rid of the larger shakes. It also produces a high-pitched noise, which would not work for some filmmakers as they might use the built in mic for their camera (if they are working on a budget for example). I would love to have a steady-ing device for my short films, but because I am 15, I have an extremely limited budget and I use the built in mic for my videos.

Also, to make the URL work correctly, take the "L="

"" out of the ending url tag. It should look like this without the space between the bracket and the word URL:

[ URL="]

"]]

vgcxL.gif

probably inspired this little guy here

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

vgcxL.gif

probably inspired this little guy here

ROFL
Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.