1080 Ti watercooling temps?

On 3/26/2018 at 2:21 PM, For Science! said:

So are you saying that your card is basically cooking itself unless it has water running through it? Sounds like perhaps in the process of changing the stock thermal paste you might have missed something.

The poseidon should be a relatively a good performer on air alone and doesn't actually require water for normal operation.

The 92C was pre-paste change.

Ya, that's super weird, I wonder if the block is faulty? (which is rare) Well, you could try to RMA the card or you could get another waterblock for it if reapplying the paste and reseating doesn't work. The board is the same as a strix boards so any of those blocks will fit the Poseidon.

I linked the temps that I get for my Poseidon with a 23C ambient. Cooled with a 360 and a 240mm rads with noctua NF-F12s maxed out.Capture.PNG.c5fd2887d97b107ba7e70d212d19e17f.PNG

Build

Mobo: MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk  ||||| Ram: 32 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB ||||| CPU: Ryzen 5800X ||||| GPU: ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC ||||| Mouse: Logitech G502 ||||| Headset: Sony WH1000XM3 ||||| Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum ||||| Monitors: Acer XG270HU & LG UltraGear 34GP83A-B ||||| AudioStuff: ONKYO DAC HA200 / Audio Techinca ath-ad900x / MXL TEMPO KR USB Condenser Microphone ||||| Storage: 4 TB WD Black --- 2 TB WD Red --- Toshiba 258 GB M.2  ||||| Custom Loop -  Radiators: 3x360 Rad ||||| Case: LianLi O11d XL Black ||||| PSU: Seasonic X series GOLD 1250w

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9570 4k With a Logitech MX Master

I think it is a flow problem. I'm still getting air bubbles out of the loop even though it's been filled for a month now.

On 3/23/2018 at 12:35 PM, COUPER MILLAR said:

Ya, i would assume that your temps would be a bit lower. for comparison Im running 2 FTW 1080 hybrids and they never get over 60C on synthetic load. I also have the same CPU running 4.2 @1.2v in a custom lop with 2x280 rads that i also have never seen over 65C in synthetic tests. What is your pump rated for? 2x420 + 280 and 2 water blocks is a lot of resistance to push against. 

The only real resistance would be from the blocks. Most rads don't add much resistance.

Any decent pump should have no issue driving those. 

It would be my luck then to get two poseidons with defective blocks. I'll take it apart again and take pics, see if there's anything that anyone finds odd.

Replaced the coolant after flushing the system a dozen times with distilled water. I counted. Now using EK blood red coolant instead of Primochill clear. Temps have maxed out at 57C on the GPU. May consider additional rinses when it's time to replace the fluid again.