Samsung s8+ after update Battery issues.

keavlar

Hey guys. 

So new update rolled out, tried not to install it for a long time, but eventually decided to install, especially it was always popping out. 

So a day after I see, how fast my battery is discharging, anyone has the same issue?!

Is there something that can be done?

I hate the updates when they not optimized for the phone's battery. 

CPU - AMD 5800XMotherboard - ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING , Memory  - G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 ,

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti MSI SUPRIM X 12G,  Case - 4000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid - Tower ATX Case - Black ,

Storage - Samsung 970 EvoPlus 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB + 6TB HDD,

PSU - Corsair HX1000 , Display -  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27A 165HZ + Dell 24 UltraSharp Monitor , Cooling - Noctua NH-D15 Black , 

Keyboard - Razer Stalker , Mouse - Logitec G502 Wireless , Operating System - Win 10 Pro , 

Sound - Logitech Z906 5.1 THX Surround Sound Speaker System

1 minute ago, keavlar said:

Hey guys. 

So new update rolled out, tried not to install it for a long time, but eventually decided to install, especially it was always popping out. 

So a day after I see, how fast my battery is discharging, anyone has the same issue?!

Is there something that can be done?

I hate the updates when they not optimized for the phone's battery. 

I've noticed mine seems to also be draining slightly faster, but I've owned mine for 11 months now so I chalked it up to an older battery that's charged every night. I'm also using the 1440p screen setting with slightly less than half brightness, though for the most part as long as I'm not using snapchat then I'm okay for battery

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, TVwazhere said:

I've noticed mine seems to also be draining slightly faster, but I've owned mine for 11 months now so I chalked it up to an older battery that's charged every night. I'm also using the 1440p screen setting with slightly less than half brightness, though for the most part as long as I'm not using snapchat then I'm okay for battery

I didn't change any settings and used it, as usual, it would last me for 2.5 days. 

Now, when I used Waze, usually it would drain 10% in 30 minutes, now 10 minutes drain 15% ..

Like for real, what the f** is with them with the updates. 

CPU - AMD 5800XMotherboard - ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING , Memory  - G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 ,

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti MSI SUPRIM X 12G,  Case - 4000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid - Tower ATX Case - Black ,

PSU - Corsair HX1000 , Display -  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27A 165HZ + Dell 24 UltraSharp Monitor , Cooling - Noctua NH-D15 Black , 

Keyboard - Razer Stalker , Mouse - Logitec G502 Wireless , Operating System - Win 10 Pro , 

1 minute ago, keavlar said:

I didn't change any settings and used it, as usual, it would last me for 2.5 days. 

Now, when I used Waze, usually it would drain 10% in 30 minutes, now 10 minutes drain 15% ..

Like for real, what the f** is with them with the updates. 

10% in 15mis crazy. I've been unplugged for 5 hours and I've only lost 30%, and ive actually been using the phone kinda heavy on Facebook messenger

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, HolaImBob said:

this happened with the s7 at one point, let the battery go completely dead and then do a full charge, if that doesnt work you can get the previous update from https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/ and flash it yourself. 

Thx, is there also I instruction how to do it? I just didn't was it yet. 

Or should I look on Youtube how to do it? 

this has instructions on how to do it, there are many videos on youtube about how to do it. make sure that you have the correct firmware for your device.

Just now, HolaImBob said:

this has instructions on how to do it, there are many videos on youtube about how to do it. make sure that you have the correct firmware for your device.

Thx Mate 

13 hours ago, HolaImBob said:

this happened with the s7 at one point, let the battery go completely dead and then do a full charge, if that doesnt work you can get the previous update from https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/ and flash it yourself. 

Thx for bouth data! 

I didn't ha dto rollback the version. 

To discharge the phone was enought. 

Thx again, I will keep the files any way.

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/19/2018 at 9:49 PM, HolaImBob said:

This https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00047221/ can also change the firmware to previous versions but some people have had problems when trying to go from oreo to nougat.

Hey mate. 

So I tried what you suggested. 

Lest say, I wasn't able even top try. 

When got the firmware , and tried to unpack, it would say that the file corrupted. 

So yeah. 

Now I have a new phone, which worth the same as my old HTC m8 ! 

Android need to do something about it, and Samsung with their software, like  disable the update notification. 

How did you manage to get 2.5 days of battery life on a smart phone???  Did you actually turn it on during that time lol???  All of my Samsung phones (Note 5, 7, 8 and GS7E) have all tended to last a full day of normal usage, but they've all always needed to be charged overnight...

Intel Core i7 4930K @ 4.7GHz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 2 x EVGA GTX Titan SC (1254MHz) | 16GB Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3 2133MHz (4 x 4GB) | Corsair AX1200 | Silverstone Temjin TJ11 | Corsair Force 3 240GB (System) | 2 x Intel 320 160GB SSD (Dedicated Gaming Drives) | Hitachi Deskstar 1TB (Data) | MS Windows 10 Pro | EK Supreme HF/FC-Titan/Rampage IV Extreme blocks | Hardware Labs GTX 560/240 rads | Alphacool VPP-655 D5 pump | Bitspower mod kit/pump top/fittings/120mm res