Headphones

hconverse02
Go to solution Solved by Max_Settings,

SHP9500

5 hours ago, hconverse02 said:

canceled my order for the krakens

solid move!

CPU Intel i7 8700K @5Ghz Motherboard ROG Maximus Hero 10 RAM Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz 

GPU MSI Gaming X 1080ti Case Thermaltake Core P3  Storage SSD Boot plus Samsung 960 Evo M.2 nvme storage 

PSU Corsair RM750W Gold Display Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ 144Hz 1440p Cooling Corsair H100i V2 

Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK FX Mouse Roccat Kone Aimo Audio MK3 Fostex T50RP + Schiit Magni 3 AMP and Modi 2 DAC 
Operating System Win 10

VR HTC Vive, Audio Strap Motion Platform DOF Reality 2 DOF

Just now, ShoshinUK said:

solid move!

It hurt a bit but I think I'll be glad I did.

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

6 hours ago, hconverse02 said:

Is there one where you could find a mic or should i get a separate mic? I'm ok with open or closed back, I need it for fps though.  EDIT: is there much of a comparable difference between the 500x and the 700x knowing that I need to fit a mic in the budget?

Just A little different on sound stage and bass, and all the rest are quite the same. 
But if you really notice the sound quality, the differences is noticeable (based on some review i read), however, the 700x is already out of ur budget ( >$100)

4 hours ago, hconverse02 said:

Is it better to get the shp9500s and a vmoda boom pro for ~$100 or the audio technica athad500x and a separate mic for about the same?

The 500x has much wider and deeper sound stage, more clarity, crispy high freq to me but can be considered as harsh for others, more neutral, but as i said, it is totally lack of bass.
Even i don't like bass but i still need time to get used to with it. (you can think that those bassy part at 0:10s of Spectre (lyrics ver)- Alan Walker, or 0:23s of Despacito- Luis fonsi ft Daddy Yankee is nothing for my 700x if i don't use EQ)
In contrast, shp9500s is easier to listen: more bass (still punchy but deeper), sweeter and full-er is what i can said 
You should see some more review on shp9500s, because i have just listened to it for a few times (my friend once had it) so i'm can't tell you in detail of that one.
The 500x is inferred form my 700x.
Basically, you should go for shp9500s if you still want listen to music, it is a way easier to listen to or go with 500x if you play FPS all the time.
Each one have its own advantage so i don't criticize them, just let you know that shp9500s is easier to listen to. Generally, they are still top tier of entry lv in my experience.

20 hours ago, JustAChild said:

Basically, you should go for shp9500s if you still want listen to music, it is a way easier to listen to or go with 500x if you play FPS all the time.
Each one have its own advantage so i don't criticize them, just let you know that shp9500s is easier to listen to. Generally, they are still top tier of entry lv in my experience.

I ordered the shp9500s thanks for the help! I probably would've bought the 500xs if they had a detachable 3.5mm jack so I could use the vmoda boom mic pro; the modmic is too much imo.

My current rig:

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

On 3/16/2018 at 10:37 AM, Max_Settings said:

I personally like the SHP more

So I had to cancel the order, I reordered the shp9500s, but do you think pairing it with a more studio-like mic would be ok? I ordered this with it and would rather not reorder for something only $40, knowing i was trying to keep budget in mind when I ordered this mic: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA94K4633596

My current rig: