(bios)no bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key

Kingslasher3000

Ok,so after some trouble installing windows with bootcamp,I finally made it work,but now another problem is is sight.

When I click on the bootcamp partition it says"windows cannot be installed on(partition name).it has an mbr partition table,on EFI systems,windows can only be installed to GPT"

After searching online for a solution,i found someone saying that there is a fix with BIOS,so tried booting up "BIOS" on mac (idk if its called bios on mac) by pressing(cmd)(option)(O)(F).

and now it says:"No bootable device--insert boot disk and press any key".

and there I am.

im not looking for a fix for a specific problem,any solution to any problem in this post would do the job.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Which Windows version did you try? 7? 8? 10?

7 won't install in EFI mode typically unless your image has the necessary files. 8 and 10 will run in EFI mode, but you'll need to convert your disk to GPT.

The trouble is that macOS uses a so called GPT protected partition table. This identifies itself as MBR in Windows. You'll want to run diskpart and run a

convert GPT command to work around this. 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

9 hours ago, NelizMastr said:

Which Windows version did you try? 7? 8? 10?

7 won't install in EFI mode typically unless your image has the necessary files. 8 and 10 will run in EFI mode, but you'll need to convert your disk to GPT.

The trouble is that macOS uses a so called GPT protected partition table. This identifies itself as MBR in Windows. You'll want to run diskpart and run a

convert GPT command to work around this. 

thank you it worked,but I messed up big time.

I accidentally cleaned the same disk that has the macOS system.so now I dont have MacOS system.any ideas on how to fix that ? xD

On 2-3-2018 at 10:21 PM, Kingslasher3000 said:

thank you it worked,but I messed up big time.

I accidentally cleaned the same disk that has the macOS system.so now I dont have MacOS system.any ideas on how to fix that ? xD

Reinstall macOS ;) 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro