Question about noctua na-fc1

Puerto_Rico
Go to solution Solved by W-L,
Just now, Puerto_Rico said:

So I'm looking into buying a noctua na-fc1(to connect 3 fans) due to insufficient number of fan headers on my mobo. What I want to know is it going to draw power from power supply or from the fan header as the cables connects to both?

From what I've read I could damage my mobo by connecting too many fans on a single header.

The controller uses a split cable, so the sata portion provides the power and 4 pin fan connection only passes through the RPM data back to the motherboard. 

noctua_na_fc1_5.jpg

So I'm looking into buying a noctua na-fc1(to connect 3 fans) due to insufficient number of fan headers on my mobo. What I want to know is it going to draw power from power supply or from the fan header as the cables connects to both?

From what I've read I could damage my mobo by connecting too many fans on a single header.

Just now, Puerto_Rico said:

The controller uses a split cable, so the sata portion provides the power and 4 pin fan connection only passes through the RPM data back to the motherboard. 

noctua_na_fc1_5.jpg