Project: ~Shadow~

cyberlocc

Thanks got the temp loop in and leak testing ill hopefully have it all back together tomoro but there's still much to do still waiting on dwood for my backplate and for we starts take custom orders again got a few more thinfs then the loop upgrade and add another 670ftwand it shall be complete :) leak testing is good so far been running since 11:30 and no more leaks update time.

Temp loop installed (up to leak testing)

Okay the new loop finally came on Thursday night. Here we go temp loop components.

1 XSPC Raystorm CPU block
1 EK FC680GTX+ block
1 EK single bridge system
1 Alphacool XT45 420mm rad
1 XPSC RS 240mm (most likely will be replaced with XT45 240mm)
1 XSPC 750ml rev4 pump/reservoir (will be replaced with with XSPC d5 bay rez)
3 Phyoba 90degree rotary compression fittings 1/2ID 3/4OD (will be replaced with BP)
6 Mod my Toys carbon fiber matte black compression fittings. 1/2ID 3/4OD (most likely will be replaced with reg monsoons will explain)
1 Silver Kill Coil
6 Phyoba angled clips(didn't even use)

20130508_171902_zps9c7df297.jpg

On a side note my dominator came hopefully it lives up to the hype lol.

20130508_125128_zps6f850399.jpg

This is still in the leak testing phase so alot isnt in the system after leak test is done
all will be reinstalled all and do some cleanup work (hopefully tomorrow)
Here is some pics.

20130511_140352_zps4d20c4c3.jpg

You cant really tell as I did it deceivingly but the top rad is feeding the CPU then to the card. I say this because someone on my facebook asked why I had the gpu then cpu not that it matters but I don't. The reason he thought this is the in port on a raystorm is on the right had side as you can see the top rad is one the left that's because the block itself is flipped upside down to not cross tubes but still have top rad down to bottom I did this for gravity purposes not for loop order as it doesn't matter.

20130511_140417_zps686a17b2.jpg

The cable routing was a bit tough with running the tubes back there as well but I did it lol. I used little sticky zip tie squares to assist with tiding the cables
Back panel closes just fine don't kink.(yet)

No tubes

20130507_171707_zps286493dc.jpg

Tubes

20130511_140300_zpsa6b66e4b.jpg

Issues I had of course every loop will have issues most of the time Murphy's law right.
The clips were bigger than I expected and didn't fit the purpose but seems fine with out them just a waste of 20 bucks.
The mod my toys fittings are weird in the fact they use real carbon fiber in the center it seems.
Although that's awesome it has drawbacks like the fact the collars are 3 pieces and during install the turns in the tube broke 3 of them.
they slide back together as that's all that holds them together is the slide on and glue most likely.
I got them back together without issue and 2 did not open again 1 did and if you have no
pressure on them they would work fine I'm sure but then what is there purpose. Needless to say these will probably be replaced asap.
They might work better with angled adapters and straight tubes but without no good and really what kind of fitting breaks like that.
for some reason my rad where it meets my fittings is leaking on one port but solved the issue by using 2 o rings.

Hopefully Ill have pics of all running and finished for now tomorrow that's all for now folks.

okay sorry it took so long here is some pics of the loop done. Still lots of work to go lol.

20130512_235055_zpsc217d68f.jpg

sorry for the bad lighting on this pic ill take one in the day time later and also try to obtain a better camera at the very least for the final pics.

20130514_204458_zps48d2ca91.jpg

Here is some in the dark

20130512_235019_zps78ec46f1.jpg

20130512_235022_zps8902a39e.jpg

crouching tiger hidden pump the other piece to direct fan flow isn't fitting right ill try to make another

20130514_204045_zps3ed6a2a2.jpg

still have to get pull fans for the 240 rad thought i had some but they died sitting in more drawer some how lol no matter ill get some. The top rad however is in push pull. temps are good i got my temp 2400 at 3.7 at 31 idle haven't prime tested it yet to see load temps but i will soon. my gpu i have at 1176 and 3254 atm and its 28 idle and 43-45 load not bad as 45 was my old idle temp and now is full load. Of course these temps will surely rise when i get my 3770k and oc that and add a second card still ambient temps atm i can live with that (i mean the card is at room temp while idle not bad lol yes my house is about 30c all the time i live in Arizona its 115f out side  so 80f aint bad  lol)    

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't heard much from dwood but seen on his thread other custom orders going out so hopefully my back plate will arrive soon. I got a few pics with side panel on so here is some lol.

its very reflective lol.

20130530_215747_zpsf71bf5fd.jpg

here is a pic of the front with better lighting

20130530_215439_zps3d818568.jpg

And here is a rough sketch i made of the planned psu cover. Im going a little different with this idea then others have its somewhat similar to the phenomenon build. the cover will cover everything the purple areas the squares will be mesh purple mesh. The word shadow and the shadowy image will either be lit with leds or purple haven't decided yet. Let me know what you guys think. also it will be 2 pieces and there will be bits power fill ports on the top for the rad out and the bottom for the cards to the bottom rad thus there will be angled and compression fittings on shown attaching to the cover. All rads and fans will be hidden i might also make a plate for the rear of the case and will probably install the rear fan on the outside with a shroud over it and filter as intake and of course there will be a backdrop behind the mobo. basically nothing but the motherboard will be seen and the only part of the metal of the case that will show is the pci slots.

fullshroudpsu_zps7841eef6.png 

This is awesome can't wait to see the end result!!! 

Looks VERY good so far, not sure about the window though, seems a little too big? But hey, it's not my build right? :)

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

I tried to make a smaller one with the actual metal but i messed it up so i said screw it lol. The window is completely plexi theres no metal at all i might buy a side panel later and try again. When it orignally happened nzxt was having issues and i coildnt get any1 to talk to me about buying a new one. It realy depends on how the cover works out if ill make the window smaller and use metal. I must say your the first to say that though lol. The orignal size was too small as it blocked the bays ect and ill be using that space for custom logos so it needs to be seen.

Man the lack of feedback puts me in melencoly.

Man the lack of feedback puts me in melencoly.

Don't let it!. My first post here (been watching Linus' stuff for ages of course). I actually got here after looking for Switch 810 owners that had put Alphacool 420mm's in their rigs.

After reading through your log, I can't offer constructive feedback, other than to say what a total inspiration your work has been. The scheme, and the equipment are awesome choices and couldn't be closer to mine if they tried!...I've been scribbling my choices down on paper, each time I read a new review or bump into a new product.

My first WC build will be coming up, after getting the bug to use water (got a Kraken X60 at the moment). Although I don't have the skills to mod my Switch, you've definately got me thinking about it!.

Great work.

Good stuff man. I love the theme. It's not just the usual red/black or white/blue scheme you see all of the time. Great custom work as well. 

FX 6300 - MSI 7870 Ghz - M5A97 R2.0 - Team Vulcan 8GB - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - Rosewill HIVE 550w - NZXT Source 210 (white) - Loud Fans

Peripherals - Logitech G105 - Cobra mouse - Acer G236HL - Logitech desktop mic - Logitech LS21 - Audio Technica ATH-M30

Laptop - Acer Aspire V3 - A84500m - 7670m - 15.6" screen (1366x768) - 3.5GB DDR3  - 500GB Scorpio Blue

I like the system and can't wait to see future improvements. I was wonder what games you plan on playing with this system? I read that you are a GM on world of warcraft, if so is this the main game ran on your system?

CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.8ghz  |  Motherboard: Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |  Video Card:  Radeon HD 7970 Ghz Edition 6GB  |  Ram: 32Gb Corsair 2400Mhz  |  SSD: Samsung 840 120GB X2 Raid 0  |  Storage: WD Black 2TB X2 Raid 0  |  Power Supply: Corsair AX1200   Case: Corsair 800D  |  Monitors: 3X 2560X1440 LED  |  OS: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit  |  Keyboard: Logitech G19  |  Mouse: Logitech G600 MMO  |  GamerTag: ZombieS1ayerKing  |  Quote: “Programming is like sex, one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.”

Thanks all you guys. I dont play wow any more i have been on break atm the fames i play the most is crysis 3 and skyrim im also playing kingdoms of amalur reckoning and the occasional saints row when im bored with the other games.

Okay so my dwood bracket still hasnt come its been 3 months so i think im just going to write of the 50 dollars and fet another one made from white light laser there doing my psu shroud

• 2 months later...

Okay guys I know I haven't made an update in a long while got a dui that they brought back from years ago so my money and time has been tied up in that but the pc has been going great I will get back to it now gotta get this sucker done. Im still waiting for the back-plate and my psu cover is in the works still as well.