Best headphones

Connor McG

im looking for the best bang for your buck pair of headphones for around 100 dollars, hopefully with pretty good range. Any suggestions? im considering sennheiser hd598's

Ryzen 5 1600x | Asus ROG Strix B350-f gaming | 16 GB Trident Z RGB RAM | Asus ROG Strix 1080 Gaming X | Hyper 212 Evo | 650 W 80+ Gold | 500GB 860 evo | 500 GB WD Blue HDD | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered glass.

1 hour ago, Max_Settings said:

SHP9500s.

Just be aware these are open back, closed back options, in my opinion, include M40x (with upgraded HM5 pads) and Monoprice retros

If you want a quality headset that includes a decent mic for communication, check out the Cloud series by HyperX. I have the Cloud IIs and I can personally say that the sound quality is excellent and the headphones are very durable.

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

28 minutes ago, Railgun said:

If you want a quality headset that includes a decent mic for communication, check out the Cloud series by HyperX. I have the Cloud IIs and I can personally say that the sound quality is excellent and the headphones are very durable.

Headphones are always better than headsets.

50 minutes ago, kmathieu2220 said:

Just be aware these are open back, closed back options, in my opinion, include M40x (with upgraded HM5 pads) and Monoprice retros

Yeah I know that, but 598s are also open back.

35 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Yeah I know that, but 598s are also open back.

True - just wanted to make sure that was clear to the OP (well aware that you'd already know haha)

18 minutes ago, IP man said:

I sure do like my ATH m50x, works great for games and music.

I would only suggest them if OP can go slightly over their $100 budget.

2 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

I would only suggest them if OP can go slightly over their $100 budget.

21 minutes ago, IP man said:

I sure do like my ATH m50x, works great for games and music.

Absolutely not. M50Xs are garbage.

1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

I'm not an audiophile and these are the only ones I've personally used so they are good in my book. Why do you say they are garbage?

2 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

What a constructive post! care to explain?

Just now, Dissitesuxba11s said:

I'm not an audiophile and these are the only ones I've personally used so they are good in my book. Why do you say they are garbage?

Then how can you say they're good if you've never compared them to everything else?

It's like saying mcdonalds make good burger because that's the only burger you've ever had

1 minute ago, xtroria said:

Then how can you say they're good if you've never compared them to everything else?

It's like saying mcdonalds make good burger because that's the only burger you've ever had

Because he likes them? haha that logic makes zero sense.

2 minutes ago, IP man said:

No your logic makes zero sense. So if you say the Prius is the only car you’ve ever driven, and you like it and think it’s a fast car, then it is?

8 minutes ago, IP man said:

What a constructive post! care to explain?

8 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Also give me a few hours. I’m long overdue to write my topic about the M50Xs. I’m going to try and finish it tonight and I’ll give you a super in-depth answer.

7 minutes ago, xtroria said:

Because I based my basis of "good" as satisfactory for my taste. I'm not declaring them the "best," a judgement that requires comparison between other products.

Just now, IP man said:

It's the fact that you're recommending the product you use, when you don't know whether your product is objectively good or not compared to the competitors.

Yes I can go about $30 over budget, I was looking at the 598's and I am very tempted to get them, im just straying from the m50x's because of the smaller soundstage, and I have used them before and was not super impressed, although they handled high end decently. 

Ryzen 5 1600x | Asus ROG Strix B350-f gaming | 16 GB Trident Z RGB RAM | Asus ROG Strix 1080 Gaming X | Hyper 212 Evo | 650 W 80+ Gold | 500GB 860 evo | 500 GB WD Blue HDD | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered glass.

6 hours ago, Connor McG said:

Yes I can go about $30 over budget, I was looking at the 598's and I am very tempted to get them, im just straying from the m50x's because of the smaller soundstage, and I have used them before and was not super impressed, although they handled high end decently. 

HD558 is basically the same thing as HD598. It's cheaper as well

23 hours ago, xtroria said:

HD558 is basically the same thing as HD598. It's cheaper as well

Yeah, I think ill go with those, thanks!

23 minutes ago, Connor McG said:

Yeah, I think ill go with those, thanks!

I honestly don’t think you can go too far wrong w/in the HDxxx ecosystem. Just my 2 cents from the gallery....

On 2/12/2018 at 12:32 PM, Max_Settings said:

Headphones are always better than headsets.

That is patently false. If you have a $300 headset, it will very likely outperform a $5 set of headphones.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

7 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

That is patently false. If you have a $300 headset, it will very likely outperform a $5 set of headphones.

Obviously you know I meant at the same price or slightly less. Don’t be that smart alec asshole that plays off technicalities that no one likes.

2 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Obviously you know I meant at the same price or slightly less. Don’t be that smart alec asshole that plays off technicalities that no one likes.

Unfortunately I am a pedant by trade so there's not much I can do about it. Perhaps you could spend less time being bothered by others correcting you on the internet?

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)