GPU is a little toasty...

hardtofindinthefuture

i love me a good game of beamng, which  is a very CPU and GPU intense game. And when i look at MSI afterburner, when the fan on my GPU is all the way up i get temps up to 131F

So it gets a little toasty inside my PC, is there any MODS i can do to my GPU/Case to make it like not so hot

Specs

A dell OEM case that looks like this

Spoiler

Image result for dell inspiron 3668

Theres a vent on the side in this pic

Undeniable performance with unlimited potential.

And a Zotac mini gtx 1050ti

The only fan mounts i have are on the back, and theirs already one there

But H O T   G L U E  could also be a sollution

Best of myself(1000th post)

Vista

Core i5-8400

8GB DDR4

GTX 1050ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD
MSI H310M PRO-VD

EVGA 450BT

Cooler Master masterbox lite 3.1

Arctic Cat

Core 2 quad q8200

8GB DDR2 ECC

GTX 550ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD

Dell precision t3400 motherboard

in computer terms we use celsius not fahrenheit only the US and one other place in the world use fahrenheit  

131f is only 55c, you are fine thats actually a really good temp to be at and as long as you are under 85c or 185F you are fine.

if you ever are worried about about temps you can just take your side panel off and aim a fan at your pc like a big desk fan to help cool it.

but like I said you temps are very good. 

Like the others have said 55 C(131 F) is a very comfortable temperature for your GPU. If you're looking to lower it increasing the overall airflow in your case might help, 

35 minutes ago, LTTfanfromSweden said:

like a big desk fan

Modifying your case looks to be the best option for increasing airflow, just make sure what ever you do to modify it, if it will produce metal shavings, remove the components so that you don't trap any loose bits of metal near exposed pcb and cause a short. If you don't want to modify you could perhaps purchase a higher airflow fan, just make sure you get the right size. That does not look like a standard size fan mount, maybe 92mm?

Please use celsius next time

*does conversion*

that's normal

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

18 minutes ago, Balrog0fMorgoth said:

Like the others have said 55 C(131 F) is a very comfortable temperature for your GPU. If you're looking to lower it increasing the overall airflow in your case might help, 

Modifying your case looks to be the best option for increasing airflow, just make sure what ever you do to modify it, if it will produce metal shavings, remove the components so that you don't trap any loose bits of metal near exposed pcb and cause a short. If you don't want to modify you could perhaps purchase a higher airflow fan, just make sure you get the right size. That does not look like a standard size fan mount, maybe 92mm?

nope why would you cut and prod at your case when no side panel and a fan work 200 times better, its not like people are looking at your computer 24/7 so it should matter that it looks dumb unless you show the whole world your room on live stream for some reason. you might need to dust it sooner but if you have high temps you should use that as a thing thats temporary untill you can fix or find what is causing the high temps  and its usally just reseating a cooler, new thermal paste or dusting it.

Just now, LTTfanfromSweden said:

nope why would you cut and prod at your case when no side panel and a fan work 200 times better, its not like people are looking at your computer 24/7 so it should matter that it looks dumb unless you show the whole world your room on live stream for some reason. you might need to dust it sooner but if you have high temps you should use that as a thing thats temporary untill you can fix or find what is causing the high temps  and its usally just reseating a cooler, new thermal paste or dusting it.

If looks aren't a concern, and neither is noise, a fan would work perfectly fine. But modding can also be fun, that was the main reason I suggested it.

5 minutes ago, Balrog0fMorgoth said:

If looks aren't a concern, and neither is noise, a fan would work perfectly fine. But modding can also be fun, that was the main reason I suggested it.

you shouldn't need to mod to have your temps be fine, thats just solving the problem thats just covering it up, if a laptop wont overheat with their shitty heat pipes then my desktop shouldn't be lol 

Could i potentially put a slim fan in this side panel? 

5a75559162c44_20180203_0017121.thumb.jpg.2931290cf0feef9beeb9ba511e8328cc.jpg

Sorry for the low quality pic, the black part is a vent, and that vent is super close to the GPU, so could i hot glue a fan on that panel and get better airflow?

Best of myself(1000th post)

Vista

Core i5-8400

8GB DDR4

GTX 1050ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD
MSI H310M PRO-VD

EVGA 450BT

Cooler Master masterbox lite 3.1

Arctic Cat

Core 2 quad q8200

8GB DDR2 ECC

GTX 550ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD

Dell precision t3400 motherboard

2 hours ago, v0nn_toaster said:

Could i potentially put a slim fan in this side panel? 

Sorry for the low quality pic, the black part is a vent, and that vent is super close to the GPU, so could i hot glue a fan on that panel and get better airflow?

Sounds too much trouble for no gain at all. 55C is cold for GPU under load. My GTX780 get to 80C while gaming.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv