HELP: Start Menu not working/Windows Apps

Lorddimitrios

HELP:  For some reason, Start Menu, Cortana and in fact the entire windows apps just stopped working, now looked it up on Microsoft support, give 4 things try, that i couldn't try because they are all window based app. https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/12385/windows-10-troubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

which by the none of works even when run though, Powershell/Command Prompt.

http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/computing/windows-10/has-your-windows-10-start-menu-stopped-working-here-are-four-ways-to-fix-it-11364000314532

So after trying all of that it still doesn't work.

Help!!! (P.S. have try formatting drive and reinstalling, doesn't work.)  

Temporary fix is to use task manager and kill "Windows Shell Experience Host" don't worry it auto restarts. This should get start menu back up and running. Try this and see if it works for apps too.

Thanks,  Windows Shell Experience doesn't appear. and when it does appear i cant end task it. 

Have your OC'd your pc? Try turning the OC back down abit, I OC'd my system recently and it did this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/01/2018 at 9:50 AM, Lorddimitrios said:

Thanks,  Windows Shell Experience doesn't appear. and when it does appear i cant end task it. 

Were you able to find a solution?

I am having a similar problem with flickering every few seconds when ShellExperienceHost crashes, thousands of errors in the event viewer, even an in place upgrade didn't work.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2018 at 3:13 AM, ScratchCat said:

Were you able to find a solution?

I am having a similar problem with flickering every few seconds when ShellExperienceHost crashes, thousands of errors in the event viewer, even an in place upgrade didn't work.

Yer, Solution found spend money on software call reimage repair. it fixed all problems in about 20-30mins