neoxid501

[Android] USB Devices Randomly Being Ejected

Posted · Original PosterOP

I'm using a Moto Z, running Android 7.1.1

So I like to offload my photos and videos to a USB stick directly from my phone using a USB Type C to USB A adapter. Up until recently I haven't had a problem until ES File Explorer would randomly kick me out of the drive shortly after inserting it.

I assumed the adapter was to blame and bought another. Two other adapters later and the problem persisted. I then tried to uninstall ESFE and use the stock Android file explorer. That's when I found out from the USB notification that it was being ejected in software.

So then I started uninstalling apps to isolate the problem and figure out if a few apps were causing the issue. When that failed I disabled developer settings and eventually booted into safe mode and STILL my USB would just get ejected.

If anyone has any suggestions on what else to try I would really appreciate it, thanks!

Have u try another cable or port?

Worst case scenarios is either your usb port on your phone is broken or its a firmware issues which u have to flash the phone

BEFORE YOU BUY GAMING MICE (Technical terms,Optical vs laser,Popular mice sensor,Mice suggestion,etc)

Always use quote or tag ashen one,We don't want you to go hollow in here.

I love Dark Souls lore,Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/ [LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

|Etna's EDM List|

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you held the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

I mostly stay away from OFF TOPIC Section.

Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, Hiya! said:

Have u try another cable or port?

Worst case scenarios is either your usb port on your phone is broken or its a firmware issues which u have to flash the phone

I've tried 3 different adapters, and each adapter only has one port (and my phone only has one type c port). It still takes a charge though.

Is there anything else I could do in the Android settings?

1 minute ago, neoxid501 said:

I've tried 3 different adapters, and each adapter only has one port (and my phone only has one type c port). It still takes a charge though.

Is there anything else I could do in the Android settings?

Yes sometimes it charge but it doesnt detected in your Computer.

I am not sure but u can try to boot into safe mode first idk if ur phone has a safe mode but u can try.

Or just back up important data,boot into recovery and restore your phone to factory settings/wipe phone storages,etc

BEFORE YOU BUY GAMING MICE (Technical terms,Optical vs laser,Popular mice sensor,Mice suggestion,etc)

Always use quote or tag ashen one,We don't want you to go hollow in here.

I love Dark Souls lore,Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/ [LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

|Etna's EDM List|

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you held the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

I mostly stay away from OFF TOPIC Section.