[Android] USB Devices Randomly Being Ejected

neoxid501

I'm using a Moto Z, running Android 7.1.1

So I like to offload my photos and videos to a USB stick directly from my phone using a USB Type C to USB A adapter. Up until recently I haven't had a problem until ES File Explorer would randomly kick me out of the drive shortly after inserting it.

I assumed the adapter was to blame and bought another. Two other adapters later and the problem persisted. I then tried to uninstall ESFE and use the stock Android file explorer. That's when I found out from the USB notification that it was being ejected in software.

So then I started uninstalling apps to isolate the problem and figure out if a few apps were causing the issue. When that failed I disabled developer settings and eventually booted into safe mode and STILL my USB would just get ejected.

If anyone has any suggestions on what else to try I would really appreciate it, thanks!

Have u try another cable or port?

Worst case scenarios is either your usb port on your phone is broken or its a firmware issues which u have to flash the phone

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

2 hours ago, Hiya! said:

Have u try another cable or port?

Worst case scenarios is either your usb port on your phone is broken or its a firmware issues which u have to flash the phone

I've tried 3 different adapters, and each adapter only has one port (and my phone only has one type c port). It still takes a charge though.

Is there anything else I could do in the Android settings?

1 minute ago, neoxid501 said:

I've tried 3 different adapters, and each adapter only has one port (and my phone only has one type c port). It still takes a charge though.

Is there anything else I could do in the Android settings?

Yes sometimes it charge but it doesnt detected in your Computer.

I am not sure but u can try to boot into safe mode first idk if ur phone has a safe mode but u can try.

Or just back up important data,boot into recovery and restore your phone to factory settings/wipe phone storages,etc

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore