First Gigapixel Display

Shamal

Hey guys,

This display looks so good.

"gigapixel display, comprising more than 1.5 billion pixels using 416 HD monitors and 72 AMD FirePro graphics cards, and 18 AMD FirePro S400 cards syncing video signals to create one contiguous display."

Check it out on YouTube: http://youtu.be/E9KNLnzaHOI

I'd like to play some wow on that thing

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

Bezels, bezels everywhere.

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

I'd like to play some wow on that thing
me too :p

Bezels, bezels everywhere.
yea, but it's so cool.. :D

Jesus Christ... WHAT!!

This is so impressive!

Sure it's impractical and there's a whole lot of bezels, but 1.5 billion pixels... wow.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

Pfft, that's just my fapping station :/

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

i want this in my theater ;)

what doesn't kill me, level me up !

Hmm, great display, but there is quite a lot of stutter around the 0:35 mark of the video. Maybe it is just the camera, or an optical illusion caused by the bezels, I don't know. But if that exists in real life, I sure don't want to play fast paced games on that. I'd much prefer bezel-less projectors like this: [url=

]
[/url=
] or Oculus Rift. But that display sure is awesome, though!:D What will they use it for?

Hmm, great display, but there is quite a lot of stutter around the 0:35 mark of the video. Maybe it is just the camera, or an optical illusion caused by the bezels, I don't know. But if that exists in real life, I sure don't want to play fast paced games on that. I'd much prefer bezel-less projectors like this: [url=
]
[/url=
] or Oculus Rift. But that display sure is awesome, though!:D What will they use it for?

Ok, this is no 1 display... it's many displays. You are missing an "s" at Display.

This is not new technology... it's just multi-displays setup.. just added enough GPUs to power all these displays.

Basically the way it works is like Nvidia multi GPU solution.

You have a Quadro series card, that power a number of displays. It is connected via Ethernet to Nvidia's G-Sync. and connected to another Quadro that powers another display.

G-Sync is there to sync the graphic cards together between different computers. So, you can have unlimited number of displays. (Yes you can have multiple GUPs on the same computer... so let's say 4 card per computer, powering 8 displays... that's 1 computer. You can get cards that power more than 2 displays at a time... do 3 or 4.

The only difference here, is that AMD requires less GPUs to do the task due to eyefinity.

They should do this with proyectors!
Can't say I've heard of a proyector ^__^

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

We better tell Linus not to bother with that Sharp 4k monitor. Inform him of this monstrosity instead.

that one was shot down.

i want this in my theater ;)
me too, would be so cool :D

]

[/url=

wow this video looks so cool, thanks for the share

They should do this with proyectors!
Proyectors are found in Sovjet Russya, it's a kind of yeti herder which also guards and proyects the yeti from Yukatian Janok monkey attacks.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

We better tell Linus not to bother with that Sharp 4k monitor. Inform him of this monstrosity instead.

that one was shot down.

Was it? He said in a recent live stream he is selling his bike to fund it.

Ok, this is no 1 display... it's many displays. You are missing an "s" at Display.

This is not new technology... it's just multi-displays setup.. just added enough GPUs to power all these displays.

Basically the way it works is like Nvidia multi GPU solution.

You have a Quadro series card, that power a number of displays. It is connected via Ethernet to Nvidia's G-Sync. and connected to another Quadro that powers another display.

G-Sync is there to sync the graphic cards together between different computers. So, you can have unlimited number of displays. (Yes you can have multiple GUPs on the same computer... so let's say 4 card per computer, powering 8 displays... that's 1 computer. You can get cards that power more than 2 displays at a time... do 3 or 4.

The only difference here, is that AMD requires less GPUs to do the task due to eyefinity.

Yes we all know what a display group is. The point is they're pushing 1.5 billion pixels. That's incredible.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

that one was shot down.

plans change i guess. its damn expensive for u.s. people though, i was able to find a source, but it would come out to around 6k u.s. including shipping.

honestly, from what i've seen the new lg 21:9 in eyefinity would be a much better solution.