I cant seem to play Napoleon Total War. I just downloaded it over Steam and have never played it ever and its all vanilla game with all the DLCs. It will play the opening logos like Saga and Creative Assembly but as soon as that is done the monitor goes black and shows no signal. The computer will still be running though so i know its not a psu problem. The only thing I can do is hard reset my computer because it doesn't accept any other inputs. I have put my dxdiag in the link. I have tried clean booting my graphics drivers and even reset my pc and wiped everything, also I have tried running it as an administrator and no result. I'm about to return the game if i can't find a solution. PLEASE HELP.

DxDiag.txt

uh maybe a resolution problem ? too big resolution in game settings for your monitor ? what happens if you Alt+Tab out or Ctrl+Alt+Del ? maybe try it with another monitor???

Just now, Cazan said:

uh maybe a resolution problem ? too big resolution in game settings for your monitor ? what happens if you Alt+Tab out or Ctrl+Alt+Del ? maybe try it with another monitor???

If i change the resolution settings in the Radeon driver would that do it?

1 minute ago, Justjayden said:

If i change the resolution settings in the Radeon driver would that do it?

yeah maybe that would do... try it 

and try to launch the game and do alt+tab or ctrl+alt+del to see if the pc is still running fine and its from the game

9 minutes ago, Cazan said:

yeah maybe that would do... try it 

and try to launch the game and do alt+tab or ctrl+alt+del to see if the pc is still running fine and its from the game

Yeah that didn't work... and i tried ctrl+alt+del and the blue troubleshoot screen didn't pop up it just turned black then it said no signal. So i had to hard reset again. But i did check the task manager and it said NTW was running in 32 bit, is that significant?

Looks like Napoleon Total War has issues running on anything newer than Windows 7. This seems to be the prominent thread about trying to solve that, but if I were you, I'd refund it before you cross the two hour limit. While Steam is generous and understanding with the refunds, there are no guarantees they'll accept anything that goes beyond the standard terms.

46 minutes ago, tatte said:

Looks like Napoleon Total War has issues running on anything newer than Windows 7. This seems to be the prominent thread about trying to solve that, but if I were you, I'd refund it before you cross the two hour limit. While Steam is generous and understanding with the refunds, there are no guarantees they'll accept anything that goes beyond the standard terms.

Yeah i just refunded it, thank you though!

39 minutes ago, Justjayden said:

Yeah i just refunded it, thank you though!

Sorry to hear about that.... :S it's sad when we can't play something we like ...