GPU: Asus Arez Strix Vega 64 OC

PS: Seasonic FOCUS Gold Plus Series SSR-750FX

SSD1: Crucial P1 1TB NVME

SSD2: Adata SU800 512gb M.2 Sata

HDD: Hitatchi 2tb 7200RPM + 3x 2TB WD Passport USB 3.0

Monitors: AOC C24G1

Keyboard: Cheap Blue Knockoff Mechanical

Mouse: Uhuru Gaming Mouse

Current Vintage Equipment:  Please ask me about it, I love to talk old tech!
IBM Thinkpad 390, IBM Aptiva A12, IBM PS/2 Model 25-004.  Compaq Contura 4/25C, Presario 7596
Asus P5A-B Socket 7 Box, Tandy 1000RLX-HD "B" & 1200-2FD, VIC20, Zenith ZFL-181-93, Packard Bell 300SX.

Apple II/gs, Mac Plus x2, Mac SE x2, Performa 450

7 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Buy the New ErgodoxEZ: https://ergodox-ez.com/
Buy other ergonomic keyboards on Amazon: http://geni.us/vCB6Jy

We're FINALLY reviewing the Ergodox EZ mechanical ergonomic keyboard- but this classic board has a new trick up its sleeve...

I’m honored... you said my last name in the video “Dvorak” and no I am not related to the inventor of that style but I am related to famous Czech composer Antonin Dvorak 

4 minutes ago, Nicnac said:

Enough with those keyboards! ?

Buckle up, fella, there's two more on floatplane already that will be going live soon-ish :P 

Main Rig:

Case: Lian Li Lancool Mesh RGB

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 

Cooler: CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240

MB: MSI B550 Gaming Pro Carbon 

Ram: Gskill DDR4 3600 x 32GB 

GPU: Asus Arez Strix Vega 64 OC

PS: Seasonic FOCUS Gold Plus Series SSR-750FX

SSD1: Crucial P1 1TB NVME

SSD2: Adata SU800 512gb M.2 Sata

HDD: Hitatchi 2tb 7200RPM + 3x 2TB WD Passport USB 3.0

Monitors: AOC C24G1

Keyboard: Cheap Blue Knockoff Mechanical

Mouse: Uhuru Gaming Mouse

Current Vintage Equipment:  Please ask me about it, I love to talk old tech!
IBM Thinkpad 390, IBM Aptiva A12, IBM PS/2 Model 25-004.  Compaq Contura 4/25C, Presario 7596
Asus P5A-B Socket 7 Box, Tandy 1000RLX-HD "B" & 1200-2FD, VIC20, Zenith ZFL-181-93, Packard Bell 300SX.

Apple II/gs, Mac Plus x2, Mac SE x2, Performa 450

2 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

Why do you post videos 2:40AM eastern time or 11:40PM pacific time? I thought it was better to time release videos to your audience so it shows up right in front of their sub box?

There's no single "best answer" for "when should you release a video" these days.

Typically noon PST is when we target, since the majority of our audience is based in North America, and that tends to be a decent time for all timezones to visit the channel.

But, during times like these, we often have more than one video to release every day, meaning that some videos will release at other times. This was the case on Saturday, when we released Tech Showdown pt. 3 at noon and the Korean Monitor unboxing at midnight.

Another massive factor with YouTube videos is service and/or momentum. If a video is getting 30k+ views per hour, for a channel of our size, that's pretty strong when we're 10-12 hours into a video's lifespan. Since YouTube's algorithm focuses HEAVILY on serving your latest upload (since we all know that newer always equals better, right? /s...), it would be stupid to kill the momentum of that video when it's only 12 hours old by posting a new video and stopping much of the service of that previous video.

So this weekend we had videos scheduled for noon & midnight on Saturday, noon on Sunday, and noon on Monday. Since the midnight release on Saturday did so well we decided to delay the Sunday release by 12 hours, and since the Sunday release was doing so well today we decided to delay the Monday release by 12 hours as well.

So... yeah. Essentially we have to be adaptable and make judgement calls based on a number of different factors. Nothing is ever permanent in our business :P lol.

Can you post a link to the keyboard configuration you settled on?

22 hours ago, nicklmg said:

There's no single "best answer" for "when should you release a video" these days.

Typically noon PST is when we target, since the majority of our audience is based in North America, and that tends to be a decent time for all timezones to visit the channel.

But, during times like these, we often have more than one video to release every day, meaning that some videos will release at other times. This was the case on Saturday, when we released Tech Showdown pt. 3 at noon and the Korean Monitor unboxing at midnight.

Another massive factor with YouTube videos is service and/or momentum. If a video is getting 30k+ views per hour, for a channel of our size, that's pretty strong when we're 10-12 hours into a video's lifespan. Since YouTube's algorithm focuses HEAVILY on serving your latest upload (since we all know that newer always equals better, right? /s...), it would be stupid to kill the momentum of that video when it's only 12 hours old by posting a new video and stopping much of the service of that previous video.

So this weekend we had videos scheduled for noon & midnight on Saturday, noon on Sunday, and noon on Monday. Since the midnight release on Saturday did so well we decided to delay the Sunday release by 12 hours, and since the Sunday release was doing so well today we decided to delay the Monday release by 12 hours as well.

So... yeah. Essentially we have to be adaptable and make judgement calls based on a number of different factors. Nothing is ever permanent in our business :P lol.

Nick you make some good points

• 10 months later...

The Ultimate Hacking Keyboard would be a good comparison: more conventional horizontally-staggered layout on the main alphanumberic block, trackpad and pointing-stick options for the thumb clusters, coiled cable between the half-keyboards, nice glossy wooden (but again optional-extra) wrist-rests, maybe more limited tilt options (?) ... similar or even worse pricing. The thumbable-trackpad option alone might be enough to make the UHK better overall, since there's something a bit absurd about spending $300 US or more on a keyboard then still having to shift your hand between keyboard and mouse all day.