Help Please! Fan Controller and AIO

In my pc build I am planning, I have recently found that my motherboard does not have enough fans for my case. I will also have an AIO 240 front mounted water cooler. So my question is does anyone know of a fan controller that will control not only my case fans, but also my AIO front fans and hopefully automatically change speeds depending on cpu temps and gpu temps. I have heard of the NZXT Grid + and Corsair Link but I’m not sure which one is right or if there are others to consider. Thanks for the help!

6 minutes ago, whitetea said:

In my pc build I am planning, I have recently found that my motherboard does not have enough fans for my case. I will also have an AIO 240 front mounted water cooler. So my question is does anyone know of a fan controller that will control not only my case fans, but also my AIO front fans and hopefully automatically change speeds depending on cpu temps and gpu temps. I have heard of the NZXT Grid + and Corsair Link but I’m not sure which one is right or if there are others to consider. Thanks for the help!

What is your mobo?

3 minutes ago, Docretier said:

What is your mobo?

Not 100 % sure yet on the choice but I’m in between the Asus 7270-E Strix Board, or the Asus Maximus Code motherboard.

Just now, whitetea said:

Not 100 % sure yet on the choice but I’m in between the Asus 7270-E Strix Board, or the Asus Maximus Code motherboard.

I think the Strix has enough, but the prices have been going up recently

21 minutes ago, whitetea said:

In my pc build I am planning, I have recently found that my motherboard does not have enough fans for my case.

Your MB does not have fans, usually.

It has fan headers.xD

You know each fan header can power 2 fans?

CPU-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / CPU Cooler-Noctua NH-D15S / Motherboard-MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-WD WDBSLA0040HNC-NRSN 4TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / Storage-WD Red 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM--Crucial P3 4TB 3.0X4 NVME--Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Corsair MP600 CORE 2TB 4.0X4 NVME / Video Card-XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / PSU-SeaSonic PRIME 1000 W 80+ Gold / Sound Card-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z w/Shield / Monitor-BenQ GW2765HT 27.0" 2560 x 1440 60 Hz / Monitor-Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz / Keyboard-Logitech G Pro / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / UPS-CyberPower GX1325U / Fan Controller-Corsair Commander Pro

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / CPU Cooler-Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX / Motherboard-Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) / MemoryG.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Western Digital Black SN750 SE 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB 3.0X4 NVME--Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM / Video Card-Asus KO Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3070 / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / Case-LIAN LI PCI-E 16 X 4.0 Black Riser / PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ Gold / Monitor-LG 22BK430H-B 21.5" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz / Monitor-MSI Optix 271CQP 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Curved / Keyboard-Logitech G413 TKL SE / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD / Fan Controller-Corsair  Commander Pro / Sony HT-S200F Soundbar

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / CPU Cooler-Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition / Motherboard-MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--PNY CS900 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVME/ Video Card-EVGA XC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 / Case-Cooler NR200P / PSU-Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD / Keyboard-HyperX Alloy Origins Core / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower LE1000DG-FC / Fan Controller-NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G / CPU Cooler-Scythe Shuriken 2 / Motherboard-Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Memory-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3800 CL18 / Storage-WD Blue 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--Patriot P310 1.92TB 3.0X4 NVME / Case-InWin B1 Mesh / Keyboard-Logitech K380 / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / Monitor-ViewSonic VX1755 17" 1080p Portable IPS Gaming Monitor 144Hz / Speakers-Creative Muvo Go (Black)

13 minutes ago, wONKEyeYEs said:

Your MB does not have fans, usually.

It has fan headers.xD

You know each fan header can power 2 fans?

Sorry I though headers was given, and no I didn’t, do I need a splitter

4 minutes ago, whitetea said:

I though headers was given, and no I didn’t, do I need a splitter

Each header can handle up to 1A of current. That doesn't always equal 2 fans. Check the fan spec and aim for .8A total draw at 100% fan speed per header, to be safe.

If you have that many fans, I'd go with a fan controller. I use the Link in 2 computers and it's finicky to configure and has it's fair share of bugs, but it does work per your requirements.

An exernally powered PWM fan splitter would be your best bet if you don't want the headache of a fan controller. You connect it to any fan header on your motherboard and that PWM signal will control all of the fans.

https://www.amazon.com/Swiftech-8W-PWM-SPL-ST-Way-PWM-Splitter-Sata/dp/B00IF6R4C8?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-ffab-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00IF6R4C8

2 minutes ago, Tiberiusisgame said:

Each header can handle up to 1A of current. That doesn't always equal 2 fans. Check the fan spec and aim for .8A total draw at 100% fan speed per header, to be safe.

If you have that many fans, I'd go with a fan controller. I use the Link in 2 computers and it's finicky to configure and has it's fair share of bugs, but it does work per your requirements.

An exernally powered PWM fan splitter would be your best bet if you don't want the headache of a fan controller. You connect it to any fan header on your motherboard and that PWM signal will control all of the fans.

https://www.amazon.com/Swiftech-8W-PWM-SPL-ST-Way-PWM-Splitter-Sata/dp/B00IF6R4C8?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-ffab-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00IF6R4C8

The link sounds like a good idea. Do you have a link for the specific one you have? 

Just now, whitetea said:

Thanks so much for the help!!!

You're welcome.

I also drive around 10 LED strips, which was a huge selling point for me at the time.

Be warned of the following:

The Commander Mini does not come with LED strips.

The LED on the Mini will blink yellow and green when communicating over it's USB header connector.

It only comes with 3 4-pin fan extensions even though it can drive 6 fans.

It uses a SATA power connector

The software is buggy so if you're using this with LEDS and you set a fan profile of quiet/performance your fans will flash at you on a cycle. I've mentioned this years ago on their forums and there is no resolution.

Just now, Tiberiusisgame said:

You're welcome.

I also drive around 10 LED strips, which was a huge selling point for me at the time.

Be warned of the following:

The Commander Mini does not come with LED strips.

The LED on the Mini will blink yellow and green when communicating over it's USB header connector.

It only comes with 3 4-pin fan extensions even though it can drive 6 fans.

It uses a SATA power connector

The software is buggy so if you're using this with LEDS and you set a fan profile of quiet/performance your fans will flash at you on a cycle. I've mentioned this years ago on their forums and there is no resolution.

I don’t plan on using led initially but maybe 

After a few months idk

The bottom right of the case is where I have the Commander Mini. I had to order additional fan extensions so they matched. I also connected it to the Corsair PSU iLink and my Corsair H80i CLC... and I just realized how much Corsair gear I use...

11 minutes ago, Tiberiusisgame said:

The bottom right of the case is where I have the Commander Mini. I had to order additional fan extensions so they matched. I also connected it to the Corsair PSU iLink and my Corsair H80i CLC... and I just realized how much Corsair gear I use...

That looks really sick! I can see the Commander and it looks worth it definitely. I’m gonna add it to my list rn.