Projector or tv

seba7661

What is best for a home theater? i have a pretty big room with nothing on the walls(which are white) so what would be best for watching movies and series, a projector or a tv

i spent $3500(23,000dkr.) on building my pc and i only play csgo on low settings..

:Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700  CPU: Cooler: H100i v2  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming  RAM: Corsair Dominator 3000mhz 16GB  SSD: Kingston 960 GB  Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus viii Formula  PSU: Corsair RM 750x 80+ Gold  CASE: Coolermaster H500P

For a projector the room has too bee fairly dark (or the projector expensive and bright) and youd need to mount the projector somewhere, so that depends on how the room is laid out. Ive set up a hobby room with my father a couple of years ago with a whole wall (about 2.5x4metres) being the projector screen. It is pretty awesome for gaming or watching movies, definitely a different experience from just watching something on a tv. Youd need the whole room to be dedicated to being a home theater room though, dimming the lights and keeping everything a couple of metres away from a wall would be a pain if it is also your living room.

TV, While a projector will give a more "cinema" experience. You will need a expensive one with high lumen to see as clearly as a TV.

Even then you almost need an active screen if you are not operating in the dark. That and noise.

These days you can get massive screens for a fraction of a high end projector.

1 minute ago, Rolling Potatoe said:

For a projector the room has too bee fairly dark (or the projector expensive and bright) and youd need to mount the projector somewhere, so that depends on how the room is laid out. Ive set up a hobby room with my father a couple of years ago with a whole wall (about 2.5x4metres) being the projector screen. It is pretty awesome for gaming or watching movies, definitely a different experience from just watching something on a tv. Youd need the whole room to be dedicated to being a home theater room though, dimming the lights and keeping everything a couple of metres away from a wall would be a pain if it is also your living room.

its my gaming/bedroom, 1 window and 1 glass door. and i have 2 walls which are 2x3 and 2x4 metres

i spent $3500(23,000dkr.) on building my pc and i only play csgo on low settings..

:Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700  CPU: Cooler: H100i v2  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming  RAM: Corsair Dominator 3000mhz 16GB  SSD: Kingston 960 GB  Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus viii Formula  PSU: Corsair RM 750x 80+ Gold  CASE: Coolermaster H500P

On 12/5/2017 at 7:54 AM, seba7661 said:

its my gaming/bedroom, 1 window and 1 glass door. and i have 2 walls which are 2x3 and 2x4 metres

I suggest trying to experience both (maybe in a showroom) before deciding on what to go for.

If your budget is $4k or more and you're willing to do the changes to your room (controlling ambient light, wiring the projector, etc.), I'd prefer the projector.

Otherwise, I'd likely favor a large flat panel TV.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the Benq W1070 I use in my lounge room.

On 12/5/2017 at 6:38 AM, seba7661 said:

What is best for a home theater? i have a pretty big room with nothing on the walls(which are white) so what would be best for watching movies and series, a projector or a tv

Budget is what it comes down to, if its under 5k get a TV