Y no OLED 4K 120FPS Monitors at reasonable prices?? Lets Kickstart something

Noctua_Boy
Just now, Noctua_Boy said:

do you want me to quote every single article that i read? I said the technology has improved , you dont belived it?  thats fine. Moving on.

If it was for people like you we would still playing doom on windows 3.1,

48b.jpg

Nah fam, one comprehensive study on burn-in with O-LED, viability in terms of latency and longevity will do nicely. Just the one.

3 minutes ago, Majestic said:

48b.jpg

Nah fam, one comprehensive study on burn-in with O-LED, viability in terms of latency and longevity will do nicely. Just the one.

12 minutes ago, Noctua_Boy said:

There is alot of static elements on Mobile phones too , i wonder why Samsung and LG use this tech?

Alienware used it for the 13inch gaming laptop. Warranty suicide?

It was an issue just like it was an issue with plasma Tvs , but technology got better.

If you dont like the tech then thats fine , i like it and i can see the improvement over the years.

Mobile phones use a lot of tricks to prolong the longetivity of the used panel at the cost of brightness, colour accuracy, etc... you do not want this on a monitor.

What are you even trying to achieve from this? For monitor manufacturers to suddenly release your dream monitor or something?

CPU: Intel I5 4690K | GPU: Asus R9 280x | PSU: Evga 600w | RAM:8GB DDR3 | HDD: WD 1TB | HDD: WD 500GB | SSD: Sandisk 120GB 

Just now, Jack Kaye Pc Gamer said:

What are you even trying to achieve from this? For monitor manufacturers to suddenly release your dream monitor or something?

Create demand for the tech at reasonable prices.... Dell made one for $3k..which is too much.

1 minute ago, Noctua_Boy said:

http://www.lg.com/us/experience-tvs/oled-tv/reliability - OLED burn in issue.

Literally top google results.

Bit of a negative creep aren't you? 

thats a tv with an ever changing image, whereas on windows your taskbar stays very much the same the whole time

CPU: Intel I5 4690K | GPU: Asus R9 280x | PSU: Evga 600w | RAM:8GB DDR3 | HDD: WD 1TB | HDD: WD 500GB | SSD: Sandisk 120GB 

Create demand for the tech at reasonable prices.... Dell made one for $3k..which is too much.

yh not gonna happen

Just now, Majestic said:

>quotes a brochure from an OLED company

W E W 

L A D

Ok then , quote me something that proves that recent OLED tech burns in easily?

You are just being a negative douche with nothing better to do. If you cant add nothing to the conversation then why even be here?

1 minute ago, Jack Kaye Pc Gamer said:

thats a tv with an ever changing image, whereas on windows your taskbar stays very much the same the whole time

why razor and alienware used it then? if its so bad why would they use it? 

2 minutes ago, Jack Kaye Pc Gamer said:

yh not gonna happen

ok cool. have a great day. 

why razor and alienware used it then? if its so bad why would they use it? 

Bro thats your response to everybody saying burn in is an issue. 

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

7 minutes ago, Noctua_Boy said:

Demand wont drive down manufacturing prices. You gotta let the market mature and technology to develop. Companys wanna pull a profit.

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

27 minutes ago, Vandorlot said:

Bro thats your response to everybody saying burn in is an issue. 

im not saying its not an issue , im saying that the tech is maturing to the point where some companies are already using it.

Dont "Bro" me if you got nothing useful to add to the debate.

Razer & Alienware using OLED is basically a show of force and them making something different in the compact gaming market because they can since Lenovo, Clevo, MSI, etc have nothing to show for it and they are only all in the sub 14 inch models because its expensive... Sony had to remove the OLED from the Vita due to cost and OLED TVs are still expensive to the point Samsung has tried to work magic with QLED to make that kind of quality appeal more to mass market. Even though OLED has been in phones since 2009 there has not been enough innovation break-through to the point that its cheap enough for mass production at the price we want and part of this is R&D for oled is crazy expensive on its own.

As for burn-in on laptops the two companies basically are hoping you use common sense and set screen sleep settings in windows 10, switch to dark mode, not stare at your desktop and not use it as a facebook machine..so basically use the product as it was marketed...to game with. With that most people should be able to avoid burn-in onset for awhile but it will eventually catch up to you. There are things you can do like auto-hiding taskbar and having wallpapers rotate but there will eventually be burn-in it is the nature of the panel.. and why is it not in any 15.6+ laptops? oh yea..the price.

43 minutes ago, PPCs-Kat said:

Razer & Alienware using OLED is basically a show of force and them making something different in the compact gaming market because they can since Lenovo, Clevo, MSI, etc have nothing to show for it and they are only all in the sub 14 inch models because its expensive... Sony had to remove the OLED from the Vita due to cost and OLED TVs are still expensive to the point Samsung has tried to work magic with QLED to make that kind of quality appeal more to mass market. Even though OLED has been in phones since 2009 there has not been enough innovation break-through to the point that its cheap enough for mass production at the price we want and part of this is R&D for oled is crazy expensive on its own.

As for burn-in on laptops the two companies basically are hoping you use common sense and set screen sleep settings in windows 10, switch to dark mode, not stare at your desktop and not use it as a facebook machine..so basically use the product as it was marketed...to game with. With that most people should be able to avoid burn-in onset for awhile but it will eventually catch up to you. There are things you can do like auto-hiding taskbar and having wallpapers rotate but there will eventually be burn-in it is the nature of the panel.. and why is it not in any 15.6+ laptops? oh yea..the price.

High end LCD gaming monitors are not exactly cheap either. Something between that and those £1400 OLED tvs would be welcome.

The Problem with TV is the inpunt lag (even on gaming mode). 

The difference in contrast and colour vibrancy is phenomenal , i really hope the tech advances enough to cut trough the burn in issues/price.

Making a 17 inch OLED display with a density that rivals LCD would either be incredibly expensive (low latency) or short lived yet cheap.