MyPC - liquid time

bling

Finally after a few years I decided to get me a custom loop and hopefully a good looking computer.

It's not a build from scratch, since it's my first time and I don't want to mess with some new hardware, but rather an upgrade to my current system, going from a noctua nh-d14 to a custom loop. 

Update 2018: after upgrading the gpu, I decided to upgrade also the rest of the system, dismantling the cpu loop and making a complete new build.

Update 2020: completly re-designed loop and replaced some components

Here's the plan:

• ✓ Hard tubing custom loop for cpu
  • ✓ Lot of rgb
  • ✓ Upgrade the graphic card and add it to the loop
  • ✓ Inverted layout
  • Build a psu shroud 
  • Other (still planning)

The loop components are:

• EK SE360
  • EK PE360 EK CE420
  • EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM
  • EK-RES X3 150 EK-RES X3 250
  • EK-Supremacy EVO EK Velocity Nickel

The case is a BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900

Setup.thumb.jpg.53465af7a71cbe634c6a997a6abb94bc.jpg

The initial setup before taking it apart

Cattura.JPG.7d1e0031b3d07b0ce18bc35bb352829a.JPG

Anyway after the first day I installed all the components, besides the waterblock, and managed to achieve a good bend for my first tube (or at least I hope so), not easily but this goes without saying.

And also the day result in a big pile of dead tubing

#################################

Latest update

S8vGGwdt.jpg

FLiM7Rbt.jpg

https://youtu.be/RVL3_VFLOTg

Latest build: MyPC Liquid Time

Front radiator installed

RadFront.thumb.jpg.2fe28bf82b04b01aaafc5bfee8f88c86.jpg

RadFront2.thumb.jpg.497ace67d9e0fcac3631cbd1bd81a8d0.jpg

Both rads, pump and reservoir installed

ResPumpOld.thumb.jpg.cbb069926fccc39d80d9457f8b4a4a9d.jpg

At this point i had to redo the tubing from/to the pump because i didn't like them.

After a lot of wasted petg, this is the unfortunate situation at end of the weekend, i'm missing a tube:( At first i thought it was all right but when i went to install it it din't fit.

I tried to redo it but run out of tubes therefore i'm stuck here with the pc still ripped apart,

The rear and top fans are only temporary to get the right clearance.
TubingWrong.thumb.jpg.a9a9184d625eb249e1f7fcb1be39babc.jpg

The bright side is that along the tubes there are also the corsair hd fans on their way. Hopefully the next weekend i'll have everything in order to continue.

I'm also redoing some tubing, especially the one to the pump

• 2 weeks later...

Finally the fans arrived.

5a2857844516c_corsairhd.thumb.jpg.a57e90e47080728d4ad4194f8b84849b.jpg

And here all installed. I still managed to install two of them in push-pull but I had to change the pump position, therefore all the tubing must be redone.

Fans.thumb.jpg.3a7e60226f10c627ed29f13ea5243afd.jpg

After a lot of work all the tubes are ready and in place. I'm not completely satisfied with the shape but for the moment it will do, because i started to grow tired of having the pc disassembled and failing the bends. When I'll add the gpu i'm gonna fix also the tubes. I also have to add the temperature sensor because it arrived too late.
Time to leak testing.

nqYpd8Ll.jpg

And finally power back on the pc.

There's still some paper just to be sure it's not leaking.

DlyhsBkl.jpg

I'm waiting for other deliveries shortly, so stay tuned.

@bling is the glow only from those RGB fans and the liquid color?

great aesthetic so far

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

12 hours ago, Bl00dgod said:

@bling is the glow only from those RGB fans and the liquid color?

great aesthetic so far

Thanks!

Yes it's only due to the blue light of the fans, I was surprised too.

Got a new delivery yesterday with also some UV lights, I'm gonna post an update as soon as I managed to install them

As as I stated before there was already a shipping coming and here it is

Owouh1Ul.jpg

Now I can finally control all the fans and the pump, even though they all are on the same fan header, except for the rear intake fan (because I want to test it's impact on the air flow).

The uv cathodes weren't a good purchased though, I managed to install only one behind the reservoir because the other one, which I planned to install on the top behind the radiator, wouldn't fit. The problem it's not the space but that one end or the other always goes on the holes for the fans:ph34r: I'm still figuring this out and maybe I'll get the shorter ones, even though I've to admit the glowing effect is really nice only if they're placed right near the tubes. For now when I want a soft lighting I only turn on some led strips on blue light at minimum brightness.

Anyway this is the look at the moment (just a bit shinyxD)

k5Va1CAl.jpg

And a short video to show better the build and lighting

Now I'm waiting for some Christmas sales to finally get a new graphics card (I'm thinking a 1080 or 1080ti from evga) to gain some performance and add it to the loop.

While I'm at it I might also invert the layout, since I've to do some tubing anyway, but I'm not that sure about the clearance for the top radiator.

While waiting I'll plan the psu shroud build

1 hour ago, bling said:

As as I stated before there was already a shipping coming and here it is

Owouh1Ul.jpg

Now I can finally control all the fans and the pump, even though they all are on the same fan header, except for the rear intake fan (because I want to test it's impact on the air flow).

The uv cathodes weren't a good purchased though, I managed to install only one behind the reservoir because the other one, which I planned to install on the top behind the radiator, wouldn't fit. The problem it's not the space but that one end or the other always goes on the holes for the fans:ph34r: I'm still figuring this out and maybe I'll get the shorter ones, even though I've to admit the glowing effect is really nice only if they're placed right near the tubes. For now when I want a soft lighting I only turn on some led strips on blue light at minimum brightness.

Anyway this is the look at the moment (just a bit shinyxD)

k5Va1CAl.jpg

And a short video to show better the build and lighting

Now I'm waiting for some Christmas sales to finally get a new graphics card (I'm thinking a 1080 or 1080ti from evga) to gain some performance and add it to the loop.

While I'm at it I might also invert the layout, since I've to do some tubing anyway, but I'm not that sure about the clearance for the top radiator.

While waiting I'll plan the psu shroud build

Oh baby im sweating like a whore in a church.

• 4 weeks later...

New graphics card is here!

TlfItFAm.jpg

After testing it I've decided to upgrade also the rest of the system (still haven't decided between 8700k and 1700) , therefore the inverted layout has to wait a little longer.

I'm also stalling for the psu shroud because then it won't fit in the inverted layout, but I've had some interesting ideas about it.

Anyway since I didn't take a lot of pictures I've made a short time lapse video of the build

Oh man, I need to stop looking at custom loops, I'm getting antsy to do my own now! xD

Build look super nice man! Look forward to seeing what you do about the custom shroud in the future.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All the hardware is here, only missing the cablemod cables. It's going to be a full system upgrade, I'm only keeping the case and liquid loop, therefore it's time to dismantle everything.

ZUG1kvUm.jpg

And finally the inverted layout has begun

3vXnvfem.jpg

I finally had some time to work on the build!

I inverted almost everything, fans, hhd slot and mounting screws.

PYys7r2m.jpg

And now finally time to unbox the new hardware

m4Zg47Gm.jpg

Here's all mounted and inverted.

ES5onddm.jpg

Now I planning the new loop. I had to discard my original plan because the I/o shield is bigger then I anticipated 

Today I tested the complete system 

hvlwlrSm.jpg

After checked that all was ok I proceeded to the gpu waterblock 

UDnoJbtm.jpg

yPsj3aum.jpg

And then I mounted all the other components

Umv5tnpm.jpg

If I managed to have a plan for the routes by tomorrow I'll start the tubing

wow I love the color scheme with the UV, it never gets old does it. Good luck with the routing and tubing. Sure it'll look sweet.

These couple of days I finally came out with a plan for the tubes, therefore it was time to take out the heat gun and do some bends

7mbxpBwl.jpg

And I managed to complete almost all of them

Y0H3q3Gl.jpg

And prep everything for the leak test

o6lFotSl.jpg

But unfortunately on the last bend I discovered the tube is too short for my route therefore I had to stop.

Now I'm looking to get a visual flowmeter or something similar to overcome the shortness of the tube, any other suggestion?

In the meantime I took out the old pc while waiting for this build to finish. Does this count as a desk pc?? 

viFB8Eil.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

New ssd arrived and promptly installed.

TQILFtEl.jpg

I had a small problem with a tube that was too short due to a wrong test fitting, but besides this the tubing went way much more smoothly than the other time!

Here during the leak testing with all the tubes in place.

3f7OyEPl.jpg

And once that was done I filled the loop with the coolant and started the bleeding.

tOYauYml.jpg

While doing some cable management I realized that with the inverted layout I need only straight sata cables, therefore I'm stuck again.

But while waiting the data cable and the cablemod ones, I proceeded inverting the front panel.

LLHbET1l.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I finally managed to get my hands on some cablemod cables

wV16UaZl.jpg

I'm little disappointed about the colour, I thought they were brighter, but anyway still a big improvement both on the aesthetics and the cable management.

Then after replacing the cables some heat gun again to complete the work

gDioCwOl.jpg

And finally some lights

oFhnuo0l.jpg

kvpAOTSl.jpg

wmQSBlVl.jpg

tKjVdcVl.jpg

z88MhoAl.jpg

Ks3EHZUl.jpg

I already have a shipment coming and I still have to build the psu shroud 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was thinking to finally complete the psu shroud but I also have ideas on a new project. Time to prioritize.

In the meantime a short video of the result so far

• 2 years later...

Here I am after a while with some update.

I wasn't completely satisfied with my runs and with the coolant, that leaved some stains, therefore I decided to completely re-do the loop.

While i was at it I removed all the HDDs, in order to have clearance for a bigger reservoir (250) and a bigger front rad (replaced the EK SE360 with a EK CE420). I tried to put a PE360 on top but there was a clearance problem, therefore I had to downsize to a SE360. With the new 420 rad I switched to 3 bequiet silent wing and replaced all to HD fans to LL ones.

I also replaced the cpu waterblock with a newer Velocity RGB nickel, and the gpu block cover and terminal. I also wanted to switch to the rgb plexy top for the pump but it wasn't on stock.

To complete everything a bitspower flowmeter, crycofuel clear and new cablemod cables.

I also delidded the cpu and added a crucial p1 nvme the ekwb heatsink.

Below some picture of the work

cpu delidding before and after

qo3vuhvl.jpg

eom6zoDl.jpg

Old loop components ready to be cleaned

lpa4IQvl.jpg

New waterblocks and pump placement (still waiting for the new cablemod cables)

xFBrO5Al.jpg

Final result

S8vGGwdl.jpg

FLiM7Rbl.jpg

FuuLwOKl.jpg

Zd9OEgzl.jpg