Can't get airbubbles out of liquid cooling.

Hello,

image.jpg

48645_E50_EFCF_49_F0_84_D7_25_B4_CEDB087

So i bought a new system made by a company, once i received it and started playing for a hour my first gpu (first from above) started overheating, hitting temps up to 95 degrees. While the GPU below it only reaches about 60 degrees. Both cards are having about the same load since its gta 5 in SLI, i actually checked this using afterburner. 

There are some airbubbles in my system (GPU BLOCK for instance as u can see in the picture), the problem is i tried everything to get them out, they always seem to come back.

Tilted the case in all possible directions. Changing pump speeds, letting the pc run for 3 days now.

They always come back...

I'm running out of ideas on how to get them out, i read something about dish soap? Should i try this? Adding some dish soap to the reservoir? Or how does this method work?

Thank in advance!

I don't see shit on that picture.... The only thing I can see is that you have a half empty reservoir

20 minutes ago, frozeNNN said:

I don't see shit on that picture.... The only thing I can see is that you have a half empty reservoir

Next to the SLI bridge.

Reservoir is almost full when pc is turned off.

48645_E50_EFCF_49_F0_84_D7_25_B4_CEDB087

3 minutes ago, Soma_Proxy said:

Reservoir is almost full when pc is turned off.

once the system is fully-bled the reservoir should not fluctuate in capacity. ideally, you want the system to be hydraulic( system off/on the reservoir level is the same). so this means your system is has that much (and more air trapped in the rads and blocks).

you'll need to tilt/rock the chassis to chase the air from those spaces. system off to prevent pump cavitation.

1 minute ago, airdeano said:

once the system is fully-bled the reservoir should not fluctuate in capacity. ideally, you want the system to be hydraulic( system off/on the reservoir level is the same). so this means your system is has that much (and more air trapped in the rads and blocks).

you'll need to tilt/rock the chassis to chase the air from those spaces. system off to prevent pump cavitation.

Yeah, doing that for 3 days straight now. Everytime i'm done i have more air in the system.

I have spend multiple hours doing this.. :S

well the reservoir being the lowest point contributes a lot of your issues.

so you'll need to do more to rid the air.

2 minutes ago, airdeano said:

well the reservoir being the lowest point contributes a lot of your issues.

so you'll need to do more to rid the air.

So i have to keep tilting the case till all air is out? 

I mean everytime i think all air is out, then i power on the system and boom new air bubbles.

Where does all that air even come from lol... o.O

Will soap work to get air out? :o

Just now, airdeano said:

yes..

the air was trapped during filling (tube planning/routing).

I have read that adding a tiny bit of soap will help to get air out is this true? 

nope, soap will remove tiny bubbles, not major air trapped in the system.

your loop is moving from top to bottom, air does not move (easily) due to its buoyancy (remains on top). the system is small enough to to handle and rotate to chase those large air pockets out. otherwise overheating thermal will be the issue.

Just now, airdeano said:

nope, soap will remove tiny bubbles, not major air trapped in the system.

your loop is moving from top to bottom, air does not move (easily) due to its buoyancy (remains on top). the system is small enough to to handle and rotate to chase those large air pockets out. otherwise overheating thermal will be the issue.

Thanks, gonna try to get the air bubbles out again.

Should i open the reservoir once in a while while clearing out the airbubbles? To remove some of the pressure?

I'm a noob at watercooling, just making sure...

only open res when not moving the chassis (spillage).

shouldn't be any pressure.

Just now, airdeano said:

only open res when not moving the chassis (spillage).

Thanks, gonna try it again will let u know.

Any other tips are welcome this is my first water build ever i have zero experience with it.

51 minutes ago, Soma_Proxy said:

Thanks, gonna try it again will let u know.

Any other tips are welcome this is my first water build ever i have zero experience with it.

Unfortunately the person who put the system has made the loop in such a way that filling it will always be difficult. The port on the top of the reservoir lid should be really the fill port but is being used as an inlet, So you have no real way to fill the system completely unless if there is a fill port somewhere else on the system.

44 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Unfortunately the person who put the system has made the loop in such a way that filling it will always be difficult. The port on the top of the reservoir lid should be really the fill port but is being used as an inlet, So you have no real way to fill the system completely unless if there is a fill port somewhere else on the system.

Yeah i reget buying from them.

trying to clear all air for a hour now, new air bubbles keep comming, they go to the gpu block and cause 1 massive air bubble there as shown on the picture. 

I feel like a idiot, they keep comming back when i power on the pc.

2 minutes ago, Soma_Proxy said:

trying to clear all air for a hour now, new air bubbles keep comming, they go to the gpu block and cause 1 massive air bubble there as shown on the picture. 

If you are able to, I would consider re-routing the gpu --> reservoir connection so at least you will have a fighting chance to actually fill the system.

1 hour ago, Soma_Proxy said:

Why not just take it back to them and ask them to fix it! Its not fair that you paid all that and then you have heating issues because they did not setup the loop properly...

Desktop Specs

Spoiler

Desktop:

CPU Intel i9-7900x - Motherboard Gigabyte X299 Aorus Gaming 9 - GPU ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AMP Extreme Core Edition - Boot Disk Samsung 960 PRO 512 GB NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD - 2nd Disk Samsung 850 Evo 2 TB SATA SSD - Ram 32 GB (4x8) Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 C16 - Case NZXT H440 White/Black - PSU NZXT HALE82 V2 700W - CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken AIO X62 280mm - Fans 3 x NZXT AER RGB 140 mm - RGB Controller NZXT HUE+ - Internal USB Hub NZXT - Monitor Samsung U28E850R LED 4K Monitor 60 Hz @ 1440p - Audio Creative Sound Blaster X7 DAC/AMP - Headphones Sennheiser HD650, Bose QuietControl 30, and Bose QuietComfort 35 - Optical Drives Pioneer BD-RW BDR-UD03 (USB 3) and Hitachi-LG BD-RE BU40N (USB 3) - Keyboard EMISH K8 104 Keys Mechanical Gaming Keyboard LED Backlit - Mouse EMISH Gaming Mouse LED Backlit - Chair AkRacing Gaming Chair Deluxe Full Leather Onyx Black - OS MS Windows 10 X64 Pro

File Storage:

OS LT unRaid 6.3.5 Pro  - CPU Intel Xeon 1230 V5 - Motherboard Supermicro X11SAT-F-O - Ram Samsung 16 GB (2x8) DDR4-2133 ECC Un-Buffer - Case NORCO 4U Rack Mount 24 x Hot-Swappable RPC-4224 - Controller LSI 3 x 9211-8i  - PSU Seasonic 1000 W Prime (80 + Platinum) - Fans Noctua 3 x 120 mm & 2 x 80 mm - HDDs WD Red 5 x 10 TB & 8 x 8 TB (Dual Parity)

Already said this, max pump speed and tilt the case. That isn't a bubble, its an air pocket. So don't put soap in there.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz