What is Rocket League - Collectors Edition (XBOX One)

tridy

Hi.

I recently bought the "download code" from eBay for this game, paid a little extra for the "Collectors Edition". I rushed to get it for my son, and did not do proper research prior to purchasing.

Here is the eBay item:

SNAG_Program-0007.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rocket-League-Collectors-Edition-FULL-GAME-Digital-Xbox-One-Code-EMAIL-Delivery/222599075074

Code will be sent to buyer via digital delivery eBay message.
Nothing will be shipped.
The Xbox "Collectors Edition" Includes the following exclusive content: DLC Packs SuperSonic Fury, Revenge of The Battlecars, and Chaos Run.
Additionally two additional bonus cars are included, the Halo "Hogsticker" based of the Warthog from Halo, and the Gears of War "Armadillo".
Please note: The content included in the "Collectors Edition" must be unlocked through gameplay and will not be immediately available upon downloading the game.

Then I saw in the xbox page that:

https://news.xbox.com/2016/02/09/rocket-league-is-coming-to-xbox-one-on-february-17/

Plus, as an added bonus for Xbox One players, we have also included three of our previously-released DLC Packs for free already-bundled into the game:

• “Supersonic Fury” – Two Premium Battle-Cars, 12 Decals, 5 Paint types, 2 Rocket Trails, 2 Wheels
  • “Revenge of the Battle-Cars” – Two Premium Battle-Cars, 12 Decals, 3 Paint types, 2 Rocket Trails, 2 Wheels, 4 Toppers, 2 Antennas
  • “Chaos Run” – Two Premium Battle-Cars, 12 Decals, 2 Wheels, 2 Rocket Trails, 3 Toppers, 3 Antennas

Xbox One owners will also be the proud owners of two exclusive vehicles — The “Armadillo” from Gears of War and the Warthog variant from Halo, dubbed the “HogSticker” – in addition to several Xbox-exclusive Garage items like Fizzie and the Overcharge Rocket Trail from Sunset Overdrive.

So, is the one that sold directly on MS Xbox store and does not say "Collector's Edition" any different from the boxed version that say that?

Thanks.

The one on the xbox store is wont come with any dlc but its the same as the collecrtors edition but the collectors edition is disk onlyso i dont see how you could get a code  

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

2 minutes ago, Vernw3 said:

The one on the xbox store is wont come with any dlc...

But XBOX Page says that:

https://news.xbox.com/2016/02/09/rocket-league-is-coming-to-xbox-one-on-february-17/

Plus, as an added bonus for Xbox One players, we have also included three of our previously-released DLC Packs for free already-bundled into the game:

• “Supersonic Fury” – Two Premium Battle-Cars, 12 Decals, 5 Paint types, 2 Rocket Trails, 2 Wheels
  • “Revenge of the Battle-Cars” – Two Premium Battle-Cars, 12 Decals, 3 Paint types, 2 Rocket Trails, 2 Wheels, 4 Toppers, 2 Antennas
  • “Chaos Run” – Two Premium Battle-Cars, 12 Decals, 2 Wheels, 2 Rocket Trails, 3 Toppers, 3 Antennas

Xbox One owners will also be the proud owners of two exclusive vehicles — The “Armadillo” from Gears of War and the Warthog variant from Halo, dubbed the “HogSticker” – in addition to several Xbox-exclusive Garage items like Fizzie and the Overcharge Rocket Trail from Sunset Overdrive.

Just now, tridy said:

ya i undestand that there is rocket league but there is no digital collectors edition

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

Could you help me please with figuring out if I have the DLC downloaded or available for download? Where do I see that?

Thanks.

Ah, nevermind. I rushed into buying the digital "Collectors" edition from alwaysfastshipping on eBay , thinking it was only this one coming with DLCs and stuff. It appeared that is basically the same version on xbox.com. The xbox.com is much cheaper though. I got into a discussion with the seller arguing that only boxed version of the game can be called "Collectors". He said I should have done the research before buying and would not give me a partial refund. The thing is that if he did not have the word "Collectors" in the title, I would have not bought it from him.

The lesson learned - do not rush into buying game codes from eBay. Investigate what different editions include and compare the prices with xbox.com, especially with "games with gold".