No signal and A2

Meliodafu

So I just built my new PC and I started it, it works fine, the fans are spinning, the lights are on and everything seems fine but as I plug it in my monitor (or should I say TV, as I use a TV for a monitor it just says No Signal. A friend told me that this A2 means that there is something wrong with my SSD and/or HDD so we tried to unplug them one by one, then unplug them both but non of these things worked. Does anyone know how to fix this?

We need to know more than that.

What hardware is your pc running? From where did you get the A2 code?

Have you tried resetting the BIOS or a different tv?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Just now, samcool55 said:

We need to know more than that.

What hardware is your pc running? From where did you get the A2 code?

Have you tried resetting the BIOS or a different tv?

I literally just started the PC for the first time. The A2 code is on my motherboard.

I've got:

Mb: asrock fatal1ty z370 k6

Gpu: msi 1060 6g gaming

Psu: intel coffee lake 8600k

Ssd: samsung 850 evo 250 gigs

Hdd: Seagate barracuda 1tb

9 minutes ago, Meliodafu said:

I literally just started the PC for the first time. The A2 code is on my motherboard.

I've got:

Mb: asrock fatal1ty z370 k6

Gpu: msi 1060 6g gaming

Psu: intel coffee lake 8600k

Ssd: samsung 850 evo 250 gigs

Hdd: Seagate barracuda 1tb

Ok, A2 does indicate an issue with the SATA stuff. I would disconnect all SATA devices and reset the BIOS (there's a battery somewhere on the motherboard, take it out, pull the power plug out of the PSU, wait a minute, put the plug and battery back and try to boot it again)

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

18 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Ok, A2 does indicate an issue with the SATA stuff. I would disconnect all SATA devices and reset the BIOS (there's a battery somewhere on the motherboard, take it out, pull the power plug out of the PSU, wait a minute, put the plug and battery back and try to boot it again)

What battery?

3 minutes ago, Meliodafu said:

What battery?

A cell battery. It's probably hidden by the graphics card, take it out and you should be able to find it.

1 minute ago, samcool55 said:

A cell battery. It's probably hidden by the graphics card, take it out and you should be able to find it.

Is it necessery to take it off though? Why should I take it off?

41 minutes ago, Meliodafu said:

Is it necessery to take it off though? Why should I take it off?

Well if you want to try to take out the battery while the GPU is installed, you can try, but it's really difficult (maybe impossible). The battery is just below the PCI-E slot.

Alternative is searching for the CMOS reset jumper and using that, or the motherboard has a button for that but i'm not sure about it.

You need to do it to reset the BIOS. Resetting all settings to default. If the power of the BIOS is gone it forgets its configuration and goes to defaults, maybe it went derp and a reset is what it needs.