Nicehash or Etherum?

Currently have a 1060 6GB and would like to put it to use mining a bit.

Would it be more worth it to use Nicehash? I've heard people say bitcoin has fees. Or is it better to simply mine one coin? As far as I know nicehash makes it so you're mining the most profitable coin, but i think they take like 2% of fees. so which one is the better option?

1 hour ago, BionicMike said:

Currently have a 1060 6GB and would like to put it to use mining a bit.

Would it be more worth it to use Nicehash? I've heard people say bitcoin has fees. Or is it better to simply mine one coin? As far as I know nicehash makes it so you're mining the most profitable coin, but i think they take like 2% of fees. so which one is the better option?

Nice hash, the fact it bounces you from one algorithm to another really helps keeps your profitability up. Also the fact your not mining for yourself and actually selling your hashing power means you have a somewhat of a buffer from the voltile prices of BTC if you cash out to fiat on a regular basis or use the coins you mine to buy stuff.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I've been selling hashing power on Nice hash for a few days now (using a dual Titan X Pascal rig), netting about $6/day with some fluctuation.  

Doubtful that it's the most profitable means of hashing but it's simple with no need to keep track of what to mine.

I too have a 1060 6gb. I just started mining this week. I started on Ethereum (nanopool) and have been making about 90 cents per day. Switched to Nicehash today and it is showing that I should make $1.62 per day. For me, Nicehash is more profitable.