I've got another problem (Graphics card/drivers)

SammoFS

Every time i open Garry's Mod windows goes into a wayyy shittier quality and wayy smaller window. it spits out error/Code 43 (Display Drivers failed to start; using Microsoft basic driver instead) and it won't let me change resolution so i have to force restart. I need help asap so i can play games (new Computer and haven't played in 6 months or so). Any help is appreciated,

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

Just now, firelighter487 said:

have you installed the drivers via AMD's website?

the drivers were pre installed kinda when i installed windows, then i updated them. They're apparently the latest version.

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

windows update tends to have stripped down graphics driver packages. for instance no nvidia control panel. try the manufacturer drivers

1 minute ago, Rika Shiguma said:

the drivers were pre installed kinda when i installed windows, then i updated them. They're apparently the latest version.

When you have display driver problems:

1. Try to 'repair' the driver through the programs and features menu in the control panel

if that doesn't fix it then,

2. Download DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and the latest driver for your GPU from the manufacturer's website. Then uninstall and reinstall the display drivers.

Main rig:

• Ryzen 3600X • X370 Killer SLI • 16GB Corsair LPX 3200Mhz • Strix 1070ti • Define R5 • SuperNova 750 G2 • Evo 1TB + X300 4TB •

Secondary rig:

• Acer prebuilt • Rzyen 1700X (upgraded) • OEM 1060 3GB • 256GB SSD + 1TB Seagate (upgraded) •

3 minutes ago, Tundral said:

1. Try to 'repair' the driver through the programs and features menu in the control panel

2. Download DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and the latest driver for your GPU from the manufacturer's website. Then uninstall and reinstall the display drivers.

ill try this, thanks

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

24 minutes ago, Tundral said:

Still doesn't work.

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

5 minutes ago, Rika Shiguma said:

Still doesn't work.

You tried both of the options?

Main rig:

• Ryzen 3600X • X370 Killer SLI • 16GB Corsair LPX 3200Mhz • Strix 1070ti • Define R5 • SuperNova 750 G2 • Evo 1TB + X300 4TB •

Secondary rig:

• Acer prebuilt • Rzyen 1700X (upgraded) • OEM 1060 3GB • 256GB SSD + 1TB Seagate (upgraded) •

5 minutes ago, Skwiggz said:

did you reboot it reboot afterward

yes. 

3 minutes ago, Tundral said:

You tried both of the options?

idk how to do the repair one (first one) i dont see any drivers or repair button in programs and  features 

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

Just now, Skwiggz said:

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/DDU/download/DDU v17.0.7.7.exe

download DDU from the above link and since ive never needed to use it, tunral could be able to help

what do you think i just did. i used ddu in safe mode but didnt work

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

sorry mate i misinterpreted what you said. 

in anycase i have no more answers/methods but hopefully you get the one you need.

21 minutes ago, Rika Shiguma said:

yes. 

idk how to do the repair one (first one) i dont see any drivers or repair button in programs and  features 

In the programs and features page, you should be able to find something like AMD catalyst display drivers (or something like that). Highlight it and you should see change or repair (or something similar), click that and you should see a menu where you can tell the AMD driver software to try and repair itself.

Main rig:

Secondary rig:

Just now, Tundral said:

In the programs and features page, you should be able to find something like AMD catalyst display drivers (or something like that). Highlight it and you should see change or repair (or something similar), click that and you should see a menu where you can tell the AMD driver software to try and repair itself.

I only have " AMD software"

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

25 minutes ago, Rika Shiguma said:

what do you think i just did. i used ddu in safe mode but didnt work

Then you should probably google/youtube a guide to using DDU to delete an AMD driver and see if you did something wrong.

Main rig:

Secondary rig:

1 minute ago, Tundral said:

Then you should probably google/youtube a guide to using DDU to delete an AMD driver and see if you did something wrong.

i meant it uninstalled then restarted, then i re installed it and restarted and it didnt work.

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

2 minutes ago, Rika Shiguma said:

i meant it uninstalled then restarted, then i re installed it and restarted and it didn't work.

Well then there are 2 possibilities left:

1. There's something wrong with the game files and that makes the display driver fail. You should try and verify the integrity of Garry's mod game cache through steam. Try if it works and if it doesn't then reinstall the whole game

2. There's something wrong with your GPU. This is unlikely but possible. Probably isn't the case if there are no problems with any other games.

If the game cache thing doesn't work for you then you could try to Google if there are some specific problems with AMD drivers and Garry's Mod and if there are any fixes.

If you still can't fix it then reinstalling Windows would be the next step I could think might help with your problems.

Main rig:

Secondary rig:

22 minutes ago, Tundral said:

Well then there are 2 possibilities left:

1. There's something wrong with the game files and that makes the display driver fail. You should try and verify the integrity of Garry's mod game cache through steam. Try if it works and if it doesn't then reinstall the whole game

2. There's something wrong with your GPU. This is unlikely but possible. Probably isn't the case if there are no problems with any other games.

If the game cache thing doesn't work for you then you could try to Google if there are some specific problems with AMD drivers and Garry's Mod and if there are any fixes.

If you still can't fix it then reinstalling Windows would be the next step I could think might help with your problems.

I will take the gpu in to a shop to see if there is anything wrong, thanks for your help

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)