Having issues with Steam, help anyone?

zaesho

Hello, i seem to not be able to download or update anything on steam. Ive tried restarting pc, clearing download cache changing download servers, and "fixing my steam folder".

Heres a screenshot of the issue, any help would be promising.image.png.b81f29ce7223042cd43e4f21ae7e1fac.png 

Just uninstall everything and download it again overnight the same thing happened to me once so reinstalling steam and the steam library is probably your best option

Just now, HairyPotter said:

Just uninstall everything and download it again overnight the same thing happened to me once so reinstalling steam and the steam library is probably your best option

mmk ill trey that.

7 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

just did that, having the same issue.

it keeps saying connection time out except my internet connection is running optimally

9 hours ago, Virtual_Gian said:

it keeps saying connection time out except my internet connection is running optimally

After a little bit of research I pulled this up: https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/648814841524404791/

Looks like one of the solutions is, I quote: "Under Steam Settings Go Under Downloads Tab And Change Your Download Region To Another Country ... Remember To Change It Back When Games Are Finished Installed!"

Yeah, switching your download region to another country usually helps.  Venezuela, South Africa, basically any of the non-western countries works best for me.