Nvidia 1070ti will feature locked overclocking

IKnight

We all know that the 1070ti will be coming by the end of the month, and I like many others, have asked myself whey this card exists when it's specs will be so close to the 1080.

Well according to 2 articles found on https://www.eteknix.com/gtx-1070-ti-cant-overclocked and http://www.expreview.com/57379.html, the 1070ti will not be overclockable. 

eTeknix claims that;

An industry insider told eTeknix that the GTX 1070 Ti can’t be overclocked. In addition, we’ve been informed that NVIDIA will not release any reference cards and all AIB partner cards will be locked to the same speeds. However, price and aesthetics are expected to differ across partner cards.

A rough translation of expreview claims that 

NVIDIA will be fully unified market GTX 1070 Ti frequency, that is, regardless of which you buy a GTX 1070 Ti their frequency will be fixed at 1607MHz-1683MHz 

This kinda ticks me off though, since Nvidia keep pushing out the least possible product improvements to keep people buying their stuff.

I do have no doubt though, that a new modded bios be released by someone shortly after the 1070ti launches. 

What are yall's thoughts on this one? 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

Guess which GPU I'm not buying anytime soon.

Seriously, this is something that no tech company should do (looking at you Intel).

Just now, ignaloidas said:

Guess which GPU I'm not buying anytime soon.

Seriously, this is something that no tech company should do (looking at you Intel).

It's ticking me off too. Intel and Nvidia are approaching a near monopoly where they get to decide what to do. 

In the end though, it's the consumers fault, since we've all be buying Nvidia. Which is why Il be waiting for Polaris card prices to fall again so that I can pick one up. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Just now, Sakkura said:

Already posted:

My apologies. Mods can delete accordingly.