Deleted

Latislapaloie

Boot straight on the CD and use the Advanced setup.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

You can boot from the CD and it will erase everything on it without defragmenting ( never do that on any SSD ) and you'll be fine.

I suggest secure erasing it rather than using the Windows format from the CD. I use Parted Magic but it's not free anymore, you can still find the free versions from various download sites.

I have tested this and I get better performance (Crystal Disk Mark at least) after secure erasing vs formatting. I even tried this on a brand new SSD straight from the packaging where I got better scores after secure erasing it even though it has never been used.

I suggest secure erasing it rather than using the Windows format from the CD. I use Parted Magic but it's not free anymore, you can still find the free versions from various download sites.

I have tested this and I get better performance (Crystal Disk Mark at least) after secure erasing vs formatting. I even tried this on a brand new SSD straight from the packaging where I got better scores after secure erasing it even though it has never been used.

yea i'll do that i guess, the samsung magician thingy has a option to put a secure erase program on to usb/cd

secure erase is not something that you would want to do all the time. this will degrade the NAND flash on the SSD.

just use the OS Disk to do a clean install. this will format the SSD and give you a fresh install with nothing other than the OS it self