Chromecast

SmilesRising

if i have an iphone, will i be able to stream my whole phone to the chromecast, things like the webbrowser and such or is it just specific apps that supports the chromecast? do i need to buy an apple tv?

Watches and computers                    

You can't cast your iPhone screen to a Chromecast. You can use an Apple TV though. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

• 2 weeks later...

What's the difference between having a apple tv or a chromcast? Will i be able to mirror my pc to any of them?

Watches and computers                    

Yes, you can mirror the chrome cast to both, I'd buy the chrome cast regardless, its cheaper than its apple counterpart and its better.

yes honestly its really nice to have when at hotels and well any where they dont exactly have the best tv shows and you can mirror you screen to you tv and its not laggy given your internet isnt bad but you dont need a stupid fast internet either.

20 minutes ago, JDK319 said:

chromecast because it is cheaper and arguably better...

9 minutes ago, TheBeastPC said:

Yes, you can mirror the chrome cast to both, I'd buy the chrome cast regardless, its cheaper than its apple counterpart and its better.

The Chromecast is cheaper. But it certainly isn't better by any stretch of the imagination.

An Apple TV can act as a stand alone device. It has a significantly better hardware and running a slimmed down version of iOS, which is already not intensive on Apple's current hardware.

The only ChromeCast enabled device I've seen so far that was ever as good or better was Nvidia's shield TV. I would call the Chromecast itself a bandaid solution and an all around piece of shit.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

On 10/12/2017 at 10:07 AM, TheBeastPC said:

Having owned both i will say Apple TV is a far more advanced and capable device.

10 minutes ago, Marshnt said:

Having owned both i will say Apple TV is a far more advanced and capable device.

What's navigating tvOS like? Considering getting an Apple TV for airplay and as a bitch basic streamer for my 4K tv.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.