Monitor suggestions please?

popuptoaster

Hi everyone, I am thinking that it's time to semi retire my old Prolite E2407HDS, I have been very happy with it especially given it's original cost and it still works perfectly but i now have far more graphics horsepower than i did when i bought that screen and it is not capable of taking advantage of my GPU so i will probably replace my second screen with it and would like a new, main screen.

I'm a gamer mostly, I watch YouTube and the occasional movie but don't do content creation or watch anything in 4k so both 4k and super accurate colour reproduction are not essential.

I have a Palit Gamerock GTX 1070 but I don't play "twitch shooters", World of Tanks is about the shooteriest thing I play other than that it's generally slower paced stuff, I do play elite Dangerous but i have an Oculus Rift i use with that about 50% of the time and I sit less than a meter from my monitor so i don't need a giant screen.

So, I want,

G-Sync

1440p or over

144Hz

24"+ screen size

I would like,

£600 or less cost
probably no more than 30" screen although am undecided about ultra wides they are probably out of my price range anyway.
Low refresh rate, although I don't play fast paces games I do notice if input lag is to high if I'm plugged into a TV for instance.

I don't need but but don't care if the screen comes with them anyway,

Speakers

USB pass through hub

super flashy mega adjustable light up stand

etc etc

Hope you guys can come up with some suggestions for screens I can look at, thanks for any suggestions or for pointing out anything important I may have missed.

6 minutes ago, popuptoaster said:

Hi everyone, I am thinking that it's time to semi retire my old Prolite E2407HDS, I have been very happy with it especially given it's original cost and it still works perfectly but i now have far more graphics horsepower than i did when i bought that screen and it is not capable of taking advantage of my GPU so i will probably replace my second screen with it and would like a new, main screen.

I'm a gamer mostly, I watch YouTube and the occasional movie but don't do content creation or watch anything in 4k so both 4k and super accurate colour reproduction are not essential.

I have a Palit Gamerock GTX 1070 but I don't play "twitch shooters", World of Tanks is about the shooteriest thing I play other than that it's generally slower paced stuff, I do play elite Dangerous but i have an Oculus Rift i use with that about 50% of the time and I sit less than a meter from my monitor so i don't need a giant screen.

So, I want,

G-Sync

1440p or over

144Hz

24"+ screen size

I would like,

£600 or less cost
probably no more than 30" screen although am undecided about ultra wides they are probably out of my price range anyway.
Low refresh rate, although I don't play fast paces games I do notice if input lag is to high if I'm plugged into a TV for instance.

I don't need but but don't care if the screen comes with them anyway,

Speakers

USB pass through hub

super flashy mega adjustable light up stand

etc etc

Hope you guys can come up with some suggestions for screens I can look at, thanks for any suggestions or for pointing out anything important I may have missed.

Dell S2417DG or S2716DG (depending on whether you prefer 24" or 27")

You're looking at 27" almost exclusively with those specs, that's just where the market is. There are the Dell S2417DG and AOC AG241QG, but the majority are 27"

11 minutes ago, popuptoaster said:

I assume you mean response time here, not refresh rate. Even then, response time has nothing to do with input lag, that's an entirely different thing. You'll likely notice input delay on TVs because they tend to use a bunch of post processing to make things appear smoother and boost colours and such. For films and television, this isn't an issue and can sometimes make things look better, but for games it's bad as it introduces some processing time, which introduces input delay. If a TV has a "game mode", enable it when playing games as it will often turn such features off and reduce input delay. 

These are the monitors that meet your requirements: 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#r=256001440&A=1&sort=price&page=1

EDIT: Personally, I would advise spending an extra £30 or so and getting an AOC AG271QG for the IPS goodness. 

Yeah I can make a parts picker list or google my specs myself with no problems, was hoping for more personal recommendations from people who own the screens and can give actual feedback on quality, reliability, etc.

thanks though

2 minutes ago, popuptoaster said:

Yeah I can make a parts picker list or google my specs myself with no problems, was hoping for more personal recommendations from people who own the screens and can give actual feedback on quality, reliability, etc.

thanks though

Well, the only one I've used with the specs you want is the Asus PG279Q, but it's over budget. 

Having used a large mix of TN and IPS though, I would always try to go for IPS, hence my recommendation of the AOC AG271QG. 

I personally own an Acer XB280HK, which is similar to the rest of Acer's XB series in terms of build quality as most of them use the same housing type and stand (things like the XB271HUA which is in your specs). Acer seems to have made attempts to focus on panel quality at the sacrifice of material quality. Panel is good, the stand and housing are kind of crappy and that makes for a good price. Better than a crappy panel and good housing IMO. 

Dell's quality tends to be very good when it comes to their higher end monitors. Their UH2414H remains my favourite monitor in overall quality and from reviews that I've seen, their SxxxxDG line seems to be good in terms of build and panel quality, so I'd personally go for one of those rather than Acer's cheaper offerings.