Mechanical Keyboard issue - "Hermes M1" - hera.exe stopped working - *Solved* (kind of)

Hello,

Edit - Solution: After few days of a headache, it turns out that this software is not compatible with Win10 - you can find it in "HERA_UserManualV1.0_EN" on their official site. Don't even bother writing to support, they will simply ignore you, their site functionality is really bad, doesn't work well with Chrome, there are a lot of mis-matches in the documentation, keyboard functions and specifications in general; E.g. One doc shows they have 23-roll over key functions, another document says 21, no consistency in their own work, just plainly bad;

Hope someone will find this article before they buy an actual keyboard from them; My suggestion - don't buy it. Will try to get my money back for it tomorrow; :(

I'm looking for some general help. My wife bought me an odd mechanical keyboard "Hermes M1" - http://www.gamdias.com/products-en-gb/keyboards/hermes-m1-en-gb

I was happy to finally get my first mechanical keyboard, wanted that for a while now. Now the problem started when I tried to set it up.

When I plugged in the keyboard via usb (3.0) it did not work at all, the lights on the keys would come up, but no response. Thought that's normal - probably missing drivers. Went into their official site, downloaded a "hera" software that would allow it to work. The software ran normally, but something was not right, I couldn't seem to use it to switch the keys to my preference; E.g. It would not allow me to use a built in function in hera to switch around WIN key with FN key; Thinking it's just an odd bug, decided to reboot the machine; After the reboot the ghost key setting (or w/e else it's called - when you can press multiple keys at once) in hera, changed from 21 keys to 6 keys, I thought that was weird and once I pressed on the radio button to change it back to 21 - "hera.exe stopped working" error comes up. The keyboard is printing random keys now, as if its mapping is all wrong or half of them doesn't work;

Re-installing the software doesn't help; I think it cached up some drivers or something somewhere;

Here's a snippet from event logs as how it crashes:

Faulting application name: hera.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x59d21cfe
Faulting module name: hera.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x59d21cfe
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x001740a3
Faulting process id: 0x130
Faulting application start time: 0x01d33bb09b69c2be
Faulting application path: C:\Users\[username]\Desktop\hera 2.8.0 portable\hera.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\[username]\Desktop\hera 2.8.0 portable\hera.exe
Report Id: 039a8204-21da-4969-a85e-dd8fcff29200
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Device Manager is showing 2 keyboards when Hermes M1 is plugged in:

HID Keyboard Device

HID Keyboard Device

Both devices are shown as working fine, both using "keyboard.inf"; If I am not mistaken that's just basic keyboard drivers within windows; I'm currently on an old keyboard PS/2 connection, same drivers are loaded on it, works fine.

So, basically, the event logs are useless, the hera.exe is failing with no real explanation; Software itself doesn't log any errors.

Things I've tried so far:

1. Re-installing hera software;
  2. Uninstalling it, downloading portable version of it;
  3. Plugging into different USB ports (2.0 / 3.0)
  4. Launching hera.exe without the USB plugged in - (actually works, but doesn't detect the keyboard; As soon as the keyboard goes in BAM, crash)
  5. Launching hera.exe with compatibility settings / as admin;
  6. Disable Avast (AV) to see if it's not blocking anything;
  7. - the best step so far: Tried on another machine, keyboard goes in, once you start hera - CRASH; Only thing is this another computer has the exact same build / specs / parts;

Wrote to their official support, but you know... e-mails, who reads those anyways, so haven't heard anything from them for 2 days now;

There are no articles about this online, almost as if nobody had that before, odd?

Some info about my machine:

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version    10.0.14393 Build 14393
System Model    MS-7996
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3192 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Something I've found as surfing through "System Information" on my machine > components > input > keyboards:

3 Keyboard devices as I've mentioned;

USB Input Device - PNP Device ID: USB\VID_1B80&PID_B507&MI_00\6&9DFC2E4&0&0000

Driver    c:\windows\system32\drivers\hidusb.sys (10.0.14393.82, 37,50 KB (38.400 bytes), 23/08/2016 10:15 PM)

HID Keyboard Device - PNP Device ID: HID\VID_09DA&PID_9090&MI_00&COL01\7&309A31C6&0&0000

Driver    c:\windows\system32\drivers\kbdhid.sys (10.0.14393.206, 38,50 KB (39.424 bytes), 29/09/2016 10:45 PM)

Standard PS/2 Keyboard - PNP Device ID: ACPI\PNP0303\0

Driver    c:\windows\system32\drivers\i8042prt.sys (10.0.14393.0, 111,50 KB (114.176 bytes), 16/07/2016 2:41 PM)

After some more fiddling with the software, it seems that what it does is download Hermes drivers if I don't have them and create a file in it's install directory "hermesM1.qrs" - if I delete this file from hera install location, the software does run without problems and shortly it suggests that I'm missing drivers, if I press download, it crashes pretty much instantly.

I'm kind of trying to get a fresh opinion on this as I am running out of ideas today; (Will try this keyboard on my wife laptop tomorrow (she's working all night today); It runs on win7; So, the hope is still alive. Any comments are welcome. 

You shouldn't need any software at all just to make the basics work.

My guess is the software (hera.exe) isn't Win10 compatible....

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

that's what u get for buying cheap kb

"I'm so glad you're my partner in crime."

"It's the power of best friendship, I know how you roll."

"Chloe, my powers might not last." 

"Ready for the mosh pit, shaka brah?" 

"Yes, we'd be tearing up the highway. And you'd probably want me to kiss you again..." 

"I always wanted my life to be special... an adventure... but not without you."

"Because we're back in action again!"

"With great power comes great bullshit."

"Max you are not crazy. You are not dreaming. It’s time to be an everyday hero."

"I wish I could stay in this moment forever. I guess I actually can now, but then it wouldn’t be a moment."

"If that tornado came right now, I would just sit here and watch for a while."

"You're right. We hella deserve this. Splish splash."

"Can we build another pirate fort and keep the world out?"

"When a door closes, a window opens... Or, something like that."

"Listen, whatever happens, I want you to be strong. Even if you feel like I wasn't there for you because I will never abandon you Chloe. I'll always have your back. Always."

Alright, seems that I'm getting somewhere - and that is, getting tired of this bull****. Right, I was digging through all manuals I can find on this thing, turns out Radium_Angle was right, it's not supported, but take a look at this:

Users manual for the keyboard:

002.png

Users manual for the software:

001.png

Not to mention other types of errors I've found while reading their documentation; Blah, useless company... ; ( Will demand a refund tomorrow.