Your Experience with Depression and Anxiety?

handymanshandle
3 minutes ago, SkyLinx said:

Hi, I also was diagnosed with rapid cycling Bipolar 1 in 2012, have been in hospital several times and take medication (6 different meds at the moment, but we have tried soooo many). My life has been pretty shitty at times (suicidal etc), while when I've been manic it's been the opposite and I've done many things I am ashamed of... :(

Things are better now with the current medication and therapy also helps, but when I am down I just can't get out of the bed so I can't do exercise at all. Being social? OMG I am afraid of people most of the time... apart from when I am hypomanic/manic and, instead, I try all the time to be in the middle of attention in every situation. It sucks... I just wish I could be a "balanced" person all the time...

Haha please don't understand this wrong but I wish someone gave me some pills..

And yeah I know what you mean, I try just to be a normal person in class but then a stupid comment comes out of my mouth and everybody loughs. Even though I just want to be a "quiet" boy.

Oh, hello. How convenient for this thread to show up...

Basically, I've had some sort of depression since about when I turned 14 (i think?).

I never gave it much thought up until a few weeks ago, when I played Doki Doki Literature Club

Fortunately, I haven't been self-harming (don't see the point, although I came close to it a couple of times), although I've had quite a few bad days since (such as today).

To be honest, these days I don't even know what to do, or why I bother doing anything in the first place.

Looks like making shit suicide jokes back in Year 11 wasn't exactly the best choice of coping mechanism...

I'll be talking to someone about it soon, so that could go one of 2 ways

i7-12700k | MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4 | 2x16GB Team Group DDR4-3200CL14 | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | EVGA FTW3 2070 SUPER | 500GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus | 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM | Fractal Design Meshify C

5 hours ago, SkyLinx said:

Hi, I also was diagnosed with rapid cycling Bipolar 1 in 2012, have been in hospital several times and take medication (6 different meds at the moment, but we have tried soooo many). My life has been pretty shitty at times (suicidal etc), while when I've been manic it's been the opposite and I've done many things I am ashamed of... :(

Things are better now with the current medication and therapy also helps, but when I am down I just can't get out of the bed so I can't do exercise at all. Being social? OMG I am afraid of people most of the time... apart from when I am hypomanic/manic and, instead, I try all the time to be in the middle of attention in every situation. It sucks... I just wish I could be a "balanced" person all the time...

In late 2015, I was sent into a hospital and was in there for about a month..

Basically, 2016 doesn't exist for me. Because nearly all that year, I did absolutely nothing. I was simply in my room all day nearly everyday. But I still went to therapy sessions and regularly saw my psychiatrist. What made it really difficult for me was the side effects of the medication. I was on 4 different types. 2 mood stabilizers, and anti-depressant, and another pill that helped me sleep. Was also paranoid over the top. While in the public, I thought everyone was out to get me or something like that. The paranoia combined with side effects made be barely functional. Like, I couldn't sit down in a public place because I would get nauseous to the point of throwing up. I went to a restaurant with my folks one time and had to leave because of this. Cried. 

What helped was being constantly distracted. While in my room, I watched movies and wrote fan-fiction about a character I really admire. Like literally pages and pages of it. Too bad fan-fiction gets a bad-rep though. 

2017 has been a year of extreme progress.... In part because I have cut down dramatically on my medication. Only taking one type now. It's just different for everybody because we all have different body chemistry. Also, the paranoia subsided. From doing nothing in 2016, now I have a part-time job, I'm back in school, and I volunteer in my community. Also saving up for a new car. You just got to keep going and hope things will get better, and strive for that better future. I am functional best while I'm in my manic phase so I take full advantage of that. Not so much in my "feeling-nothing" and depression stage...I still lose focus quite a lot. :( 

To not make me feel not so alone, I do research on how others deal with this awful disorder. Stephen Fry's documentary called The Secret Life of the Manic Depressive was very insightful. It's on Youtube.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

I guess I'm kinda obliged to discuss how I handle @wcreek's depression.

In a kinda twisted sense, I don't. Or rather, I can't understand it. I'm not very good at understanding emotion, and depression is probably the biggest area that I can't properly comprehend.

Do I try to talk to him about it when he mentions it? Yeah, although admittedly I don't feel like I do much as I kinda can't. I'm definitely here to assist when I can but both of us know that my ability to help him in that situation is pretty limited.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

21 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

In a kinda twisted sense, I don't. Or rather, I can't understand it. I'm not very good at understanding emotion, and depression is probably the biggest area that I can't properly comprehend.

Do I try to talk to him about it when he mentions it? Yeah, although admittedly I don't feel like I do much as I kinda can't. I'm definitely here to assist when I can but both of us know that my ability to help him in that situation is pretty limited.

You know, I am/was on both sides... depressive myself, and a wife that suffered under depression boosts.

What I learned, to be able to withstand the "mood swings" is unconditional love for the friend/partner. And then learning the others needs. There are times for hugging, and there are times for giving space. I myself am a kind of hugger. I want to hug every problem away =) my wife was more of a lone wolf in some situations, who needed lots of space and freedom and not me looming over her trying to help. 

That was quite hard for me to understand and took some time, but I managed it. 

Some times it is just needed to listen, because they know you can't fix them, but give support. Be the grounding rod someone can cling to if needed, or even load off excess emotions. This may hurt eventually, but it is never personal. But some times very much needed.

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

8 hours ago, Anghammarad said:

You know, I am/was on both sides... depressive myself, and a wife that suffered under depression boosts.

What I learned, to be able to withstand the "mood swings" is unconditional love for the friend/partner. And then learning the others needs. There are times for hugging, and there are times for giving space. I myself am a kind of hugger. I want to hug every problem away =) my wife was more of a lone wolf in some situations, who needed lots of space and freedom and not me looming over her trying to help. 

That was quite hard for me to understand and took some time, but I managed it. 

Some times it is just needed to listen, because they know you can't fix them, but give support. Be the grounding rod someone can cling to if needed, or even load off excess emotions. This may hurt eventually, but it is never personal. But some times very much needed.

The thing is my girlfriend totally doesn't understand when I need space. She's very selfish in some situations. 

18 minutes ago, 0b3rp3d0 said:

The thing is my girlfriend totally doesn't understand when I need space. She's very selfish in some situations. 

And you both are still quite young. 

I will not say inexperienced in life, because I know even while still being a teen, you can be thru more that others go in 3 lifetimes... but still, each person is an individual, everybody feels different. Things that shake you to the core, may be a laughing stock to others, as well as other things that don't give you a second thought may destroy others emotionally. 

That is a thing I needed to learn. I did expect from others what I could endure or do, that is plain wrong. Even though I did that way over 20 years until my wife taught me =) 

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

9 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

When it comes to helping someone with depression it needs to be done carefully, you don't want to go full on smothering them and you don't want them to feel like you've abandoned them. What i do is the "There when you need me but on a day to day i give you space" method. Let them know you're there fore them but don't push them to do something they really don't want to unless it's something that is making them more depressed

Example if they have just broken up with their partner and they are just making them-self feel worse by looking at old photos/memories. Then you should do your best to distract them in a way THEY like. If you like the pub but they don't then don't do that; if they are a gamer encourage them to play a game they like or offer to play it with them. Likewise if you know they are a fitness buff get them to the gym and workout with them

Depressive people (although they might not show it) really do like company of CERTAIN people; even if they just listen. However negativity is a contagious thing; try to counteract it with realistic positivity, certain depressive people (like myself) also have a special hatred for people who are happy go lucky ALL the time, if anything it makes me more annoyed. Try to see things from that persons perspective.

To help a depressive person one must get into the mindset of a depressive person. Generally speaking as much as depressive people try to push people away, it's a coping mechanism and they really do value your existence they just don't know how to handle it

17 hours ago, idiot42 said:

Oh, hello. How convenient for this thread to show up...

Basically, I've had some sort of depression since about when I turned 14 (i think?).

I never gave it much thought up until a few weeks ago, when I played Doki Doki Literature Club

Fortunately, I haven't been self-harming (don't see the point, although I came close to it a couple of times), although I've had quite a few bad days since (such as today).

To be honest, these days I don't even know what to do, or why I bother doing anything in the first place.

Looks like making shit suicide jokes back in Year 11 wasn't exactly the best choice of coping mechanism...

I'll be talking to someone about it soon, so that could go one of 2 ways

Making jokes about suicide generally isn't a good idea but in Year 11 you are at that age where you're rebelling and the teen agnst thing, it's good that you're talking about it. What i do is channel the depressive and sad emotions in a creative way in the form of guitar solo improvising, i use those thoughts to fuel my blues guitar playing. Work on finding a creative outlet

14 hours ago, WhiteJaguar77 said:

Basically, 2016 doesn't exist for me. Because nearly all that year, I did absolutely nothing. I was simply in my room all day nearly everyday. But I still went to therapy sessions and regularly saw my psychiatrist. What made it really difficult for me was the side effects of the medication. I was on 4 different types. 2 mood stabilizers, and anti-depressant, and another pill that helped me sleep. Was also paranoid over the top. While in the public, I thought everyone was out to get me or something like that. The paranoia combined with side effects made be barely functional. Like, I couldn't sit down in a public place because I would get nauseous to the point of throwing up. I went to a restaurant with my folks one time and had to leave because of this. Cried. 

What helped was being constantly distracted. While in my room, I watched movies and wrote fan-fiction about a character I really admire. Like literally pages and pages of it. Too bad fan-fiction gets a bad-rep though. 

2017 has been a year of extreme progress.... In part because I have cut down dramatically on my medication. Only taking one type now. It's just different for everybody because we all have different body chemistry. Also, the paranoia subsided. From doing nothing in 2016, now I have a part-time job, I'm back in school, and I volunteer in my community. Also saving up for a new car. You just got to keep going and hope things will get better, and strive for that better future. I am functional best while I'm in my manic phase so I take full advantage of that. Not so much in my "feeling-nothing" and depression stage...I still lose focus quite a lot. :( 

To not make me feel not so alone, I do research on how others deal with this awful disorder. Stephen Fry's documentary called The Secret Life of the Manic Depressive was very insightful. It's on Youtube.

I had something similar a couple years ago last time. A whole year laying down on the bed/sofa, unable to do anything at all. I went out so little, just to see the doctor/therapist and things like that. Surprised one single medicine is working fine for you now, unfortunately usually a "cocktail" of several medicines is needed.

Paranoia/delusions, social anxiety, loss of concentration, etc.etc.. you are not alone :(

I also have an issue with voices still... not as frequent as it used to be but still unpleasant although I got used to ignore them over time.

13 hours ago, Nicholatian said:

Abilify going generic, since it was a much newer and more effective alternative to lithium.

It really depends on the person. For many, many people Lithium seems to be the most effective medicine (I think doctors don't prescribe it as first one to try because it requires frequent blood tests to keep an eye on the kidneys' function). But it can actually worsen things for others (like it happened to me when I was taking it). The same is with every one of these medicines. We've tried so many over the years and the worst for me was Lithium because while it cut manic episodes it kinda "pushed me down" too much.

Abilify has helped me a lot as well so far. Speaking of Abilify, do you guys pay for this stuff yourselves where you live? I am curious about the costs of the health care in other countries.

I think I am lucky because here in Finland I don't pay for any medicine at all due to my diagnosis, otherwise I would have spent a fortune since the beginning especially because of Abilify above the others - at some point the total cost of the medicines I take was over 1000 euros (= over 1160 USD) per month! I don't understand how people for example in the US, who cannot afford some insurance, do. Do they have to pay these expensive medicines themselves? I know Abilify and others are now cheaper because they are also generic but still, for a person who takes several it can still be quite expensive I think. Considering that many of us can't keep a job it must be really difficult :(

1 hour ago, Tcrumpen said:

snip

Eh there's parts I can agree with but, for the most part I've been working on getting better through my own means but also talking to him more about it.

My tactic began with taking off a lot of time from work, my only bill is really my tuition for the online school I go to which is $49/mo.

During the day he's at school and unfortunately in the evening I was often at work, and I tried putting in a schedule availability change form but it seems that it fell on deaf ears at my work or they just didn't want to give me days because they're assholes because of reasons I understand, don't agree with and wished I had control over. So that's made me hate my job more than I did before, I mean I could tolerate it in the past but I've grown to really resent 80% of the time that I'm there, I mean it's not all bad. Especially when it's slower and I don't have people asking me stupid or annoying things who are there to get they shit and get the fuck out. I don't really want to be there but I need money for my tuition which is something that my mom can't really afford, and with her new job she still probably can't afford. I know there's something out there that I can strive to want as a job eventually, I just don't know what that is. I'm thinking of applying for the same company that my mom works for because they have good paying positions that 18 year olds with a driver's license can apply for when I turn 18 in a couple months and get a driver's license. Not nearly as good of pay as hers because she has almost 20 years experience in the field and an Associates degree in general sciences.

For me, being able to spend as much time as I can with him as I can while we work with me unfortunately working in the evening and now that his school is blocking more sites and shit it really will suck if I go back to the schedules I was working on before (20-30 hour weeks) I mean I loved all that money, it was nice getting those kinds of paychecks and I'd need them if I were to stay at the grocery store until I could afford to get down there but being able to afford to go down there would mean I would have to work closer to 36 hours which is not going to happen between my own wishes and desires and for scheduling.

But for like the millionth time, as I said it'd be easier when I'm down there with him because then if I was feeling down it'd be easier for and him. 

Also whenever I'm down it's not because I need space it's largely because of anxiety bringing me down and work stress is a large attribution to that stress that feeds into anxiety and I guess since my mom's two relationships that were emotionally abusive I might've subconsciously let that stress me out for one reason or another. I also tend to not have the most positive self image. I am slowly but surely working on that, I still need to start getting more active but I am working on eating the right amount of food and the right kinds of food. Diet alone won't fix my weight problems, but it's a lot of facets of life. I need to be more active and stop eating large portions of unhealthy food.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

11 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

It's fine :x 

it's been a year almost, a few more months... I can get a job that I'll have consistency and you'll be done with school 

and just maybe we'll be more available to each other if I ended up staying evenings but with consistency and if you got a job likely in the evening too, we'd have the day to do well what we've done in the evening when I didn't work or you having something band related. and in some months like 10-11 of those maybe I'll have the funds to get down there :P 

5 hours ago, SkyLinx said:

-snip-

I'm curious...what kind of delusions did you have? If it's okay to ask. I had a grandiose delusion before I was admitted, believing I was a deity trapped in a human body. Later I believed I was Bradley Cooper...probably because I watched Silver LInings Playbook a few weeks prior. I chuckle about it now...it's strange how I could remember those details but I don't remember my first week in the hospital. 

When I was asleep, I would randomly wake up to hear something like a voice whispering in my ear, my heart always racing after that. It hasn't occurred for a while, though.. 

In regards to medicine, I take Lamictal. I asked my psychiatrist for an alternative to Lithium because it made me groggy and made it difficult to concentrate at times. Plus the regular lab check ups were annoying. I don't know how I survived from taking 1500mg when I first was discharged. 

It cost over 30,000 USD for my stay in the hospital. After insurance, I only had to pay a 500 USD deductible. Prescriptions cost me 20 USD a refill. Without my health insurance, it would be ~ 700 USD a bottle. 

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

• 3 weeks later...

I updated the title to include anxiety... I'd kinda like to talk about my most recent experience with it. Actually having it escalate to anxiety/panic attacks it sucks lol

I notice I start breathing a bit quicker and like I just feel like I'm losing control of everything and anything it seems almost? I had two major occurrences on Tuesday and Wednesday. Getting closer the end of today, as it's 5:24pm here. I do feel like the anxiety is trying to make a return just because the coming week is going to be busy for @Dan Castellaneta and I. Although, I am going to be quitting my job this week as it has been the number 1 source of stress that I seem to not tolerate very well. My only bill, my mom can cover until I get a new job. 

I have ADHD, which sucks when it comes to depression. In a school environment (like the one I'm currently in) ADHD stops you from being very productive, and this leads to depression because you feel inadequate about completing tasks when you really just can't. So a lot of people with ADHD get depressed (not necessarily the chemical-imbalance kind of depression, but a really deep sadness and anxiety) and feel bad about themselves.

image.jpeg.23da82c792d32e6ee441ff6bc7dde07a.jpeg

it's time

I'm like a concoction of troublesome emotions. I have to regularly wear a band-aid on the skin before my left thumbnail. It's because I scratch there without thinking when I'm anxious. :( Whenever someone asks me what happened to my thumb I lie and say a door slammed on it.

I'll come back...

I will say, I've been learning ways of easing my anxiety and depression. And actually working out the anxiety, I've been less depressed.

I'd say there was a point not too long ago when my anxiety was really bad and that was like right before thanksgiving (November 20th-November 22nd)

But I finally came to the resolution that I really needed to drop my job. I blame largely the fact the soul crushing aspects of retail employment but also incompatibilities working evenings had with my long distance boyfriend, @Dan Castellaneta. Because, like I think I said here or at least elsewhere was that even if he can't understand what I'm going through/feeling. He'll listen and try to understand, which is more than enough for me. The analogy that @Anghammarad made about his late wife being his therapist in a way, I think is almost true for @Dan Castellaneta and I. Or rather he's more of that grounding rod, I suppose.

Truthfully, I find overnights or days would work best for me, but for legal reasons I'm at least assuming. I can't go overnights for another 38 days (that's when I turn 18), and since I don't want to deal with the hell that is retail/grocery during this time of year I'm just going to step back, enjoy the holiday and figure out stuff later.

This is just me rambling about my prospects.

Spoiler

Look at day and overnight positions, apply for those and hopefully by late April or May, I can have enough money to get a really cheap car just to get insurance on it since I need proof of insurance to get a job that will ultimately enable my move down to Alabama in the later part of 2018. I want to target early September to start the process but realistically it might be more like mid October if I can make that work. Although I might try to go for a first trip to meet him and get an initial idea of the area in late June into early July. Late August or Late September could be when I do job hunting and narrowing down the apartment hunt. That'd ideally be a week and a half to two week thing. I can worry about college in 2019. But I would probably want to take the ACT test here before I went down and just have that on hand for when I get to needing it.

16 minutes ago, wcreek said:

The analogy that @Anghammarad made about his late wife being his therapist in a way, I think is almost true for @Dan Castellaneta and I. Or rather he's more of that grounding rod, I suppose.

She was really good in finding and pointing out faults in my thinking and feeling, that caused lots of my "agony".

Main System:

Had a really rough time since late 2015. Boss at work then gave me a pretty hard time, and I working alone. Did no good for my self esteem (acne played a bit part too). Stayed away from almost everyone because I didn't feel good enough. Shut everyone down. Pretty much became very alone.

What put me back up was getting a new job where I felt part of a team, getting out and about more and feeling good about what I do. Really realising life is just too short for all this nonsense (A lot of my family have developed chronic illness and in general there is a lot of stress).

Really getting out and amongst is the best thing, as well as switching from a long black to a moccachino. Getting good sleep a strong routine, and finally quitting video games (I was using them as an escape). Seeing the world for what it is. Now I look back and feel great - that I can never feel as bad as I was again and then life looks a whole lot better.

Its certainly not easy getting out of it, but if you try and put in a wholesome amount of effort you can get better.

2 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Had a really rough time since late 2015. Boss at work then gave me a pretty hard time, and I working alone. Did no good for my self esteem (acne played a bit part too). Stayed away from almost everyone because I didn't feel good enough. Shut everyone down. Pretty much became very alone.

What put me back up was getting a new job where I felt part of a team, getting out and about more and feeling good about what I do. Really realising life is just too short for all this nonsense (A lot of my family have developed chronic illness and in general there is a lot of stress).

Really getting out and amongst is the best thing, as well as switching from a long black to a moccachino. Getting good sleep a strong routine, and finally quitting video games (I was using them as an escape). Seeing the world for what it is. Now I look back and feel great - that I can never feel as bad as I was again and then life looks a whole lot better.

Its certainly not easy getting out of it, but if you try and put in a wholesome amount of effort you can get better.

Not sure I could quite give video games up xD

But yeah, I do feel that the people that work at my store are getting to the bullshit that is something that I think is really going to destroy the last shred of cohesiveness that the team at my store has. Which isn't saying very much because it wasn't very good to begin with. But oh well. I'm out of that place, if I went days or overnights some of it I can avoid. Especially over nights but frankly I might look into overnights at my local walmart.

A thought I and my wife  had and talked long nights about it...

A job shouldn't be there to pay your bills, it should be to fulfill what you strive for. And with that I don't talk about fancy cars, buying stuff, but what makes you feel whole while doing it. Which lets you say after a days work : "well that was an awesome day" with a feel of having accomplished something. 

Not this running yourself haggard just to meet the bills.

Main System:

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Not sure I could quite give video games up xD

But yeah, I do feel that the people that work at my store are getting to the bullshit that is something that I think is really going to destroy the last shred of cohesiveness that the team at my store has. Which isn't saying very much because it wasn't very good to begin with. But oh well. I'm out of that place, if I went days or overnights some of it I can avoid. Especially over nights but frankly I might look into overnights at my local walmart.

Well it was really a smaller changes of attidues over time.

Every morning I make my bed up. Thats a small task right? easy. So there I go done. Thats one task done. However theres a whole day still ahead. I go to the kitchen and I make my breakfast and lunch for later. Thats another task done - making a healthy lunch. I get ready for the day (no need for details here). All done. I pack my bag and make sure everything is set. Those are two tasks which are already done before I head out the door.

I have a few exams to prepare for, so when I get to university the first thing I do is plan my day over a cup of coffee - its important to remember the little things in life. I get a long black. Its dark and bitter - but cheap. I love the taste, it reminds me of home. I set my day out alternating study every 45 minutes. Small times. Small tasks. By and by I finish these tasks and still eager to start another one, after all its just a small task that needs done - so why not do it now?

By 5pm I'm ready to go home. Its not the day before and exam and I've been here since 8. I feel ready to go home like I've accomplished a lot - after all I know in my mind and in my heart that I have finished many tasks - although small, I have worked on them the entire day. I get home and have dinner immediately and wash up just after - its just a plate, and cutlery after all - another small task.

I pack my bag for the day and make sure everything that is neccesary for the next day is ready. Its not a big thing to do. Its a small thing. I watch netflix for a while, then go to bed. Its a fully made bed. My day begins with it and ends with it. Just one small task can open up so much for the day. Just one more thing to accomplish and then suddenly you realise your potential to do so much more. The day is more filled.

TLDR: making your bed in the morning is pretty cool and comfy for when you get home. Its a small task, but it means no matter how bad your day goes you will always come back to a made bed.

3 minutes ago, Anghammarad said:

I thought I and my wife  had and talked long nights about it...

A job shouldn't be there to pay your bills, it should be to fulfill what you strive for. And with that I don't talk about fancy cars, buying stuff, but what makes you feel whole while doing it. Which lets you say after a days work : "well that was an awesome day" with a feel of having accomplished something. 

Not this running yourself haggard just to meet the bills.

See, I only have my job because I wanted a job so I could build a PC and do stuff that my mom wouldn't give me money for which is very understandable she wastes a lot of her own money, doesn't leave much for me to waste anyways. My only bill is tuition for the school I go to. But my mom will cover it for me. I don't need Spotify Premium.

Although I also realized, retail at least under $15/hr and under 40 hours a week isn't going to get me to where I need to be. A job at the company my mom works for will give me a greater chance of that because a lot of houses (it's a group home company) pay entry level staff $15/hr at 40 hours a week. I'm not sure if it's hourly or salaried, but my mom is salaried at about $38,000 a year as the supervisor of a home. she's been in the field for nearly 20 years, and she's going to attempt to go for a director position when one opens in a few months hopefully, which oversees about 5 homes and is salaried at around $42,000/yr.

Just now, RorzNZ said:

TLDR: making your bed in the morning is pretty cool and comfy for when you get home. Its a small task, but it means no matter how bad your day goes you will always come back to a made bed.

Frankly I bet, cleaning up my room would help quite a bit lol

But during the day when I have to work I'm super lazy and on my days off I just tend to procrastinate because I want to enjoy my time away from that place.

Of the things, I personally am super self aware of it is sometimes that. My overall cleanliness. Which I don't really intend to be unclean in some regards, it just happens.

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

See, I only have my job because I wanted a job so I could build a PC and do stuff that my mom wouldn't give me money for which is very understandable she wastes a lot of her own money, doesn't leave much for me to waste anyways. My only bill is tuition for the school I go to. But my mom will cover it for me. I don't need Spotify Premium.

Although I also realized, retail at least under $15/hr and under 40 hours a week isn't going to get me to where I need to be. A job at the company my mom works for will give me a greater chance of that because a lot of houses (it's a group home company) pay entry level staff $15/hr at 40 hours a week. I'm not sure if it's hourly or salaried, but my mom is salaried at about $38,000 a year as the supervisor of a home. she's been in the field for nearly 20 years, and she's going to attempt to go for a director position when one opens in a few months hopefully, which oversees about 5 homes and is salaried at around $42,000/yr.

I didn't mean to scold or lecture... it is just a way of how our world should work, instead of how it is working right now.

Main System: