FINALLY a Wireless MECHANICAL Gaming Keyboard! – Logitech G613

only problem is the keyboard itself isnt on sale yet lol, still on pre-order. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, legacy99 said:

only problem is the keyboard itself isnt on sale yet lol, still on pre-order. 

Well, that sounds like a temporary problem at least.

Anyone who tells you that you can't do something is unimaginative and probably a coward.

My 90's Logitech wireless keyboard would last at least 2.5 years on a set of regular AA batteries with lots of daily use.

Does this one have n key rollover? That was one of the reasons the few wireless mechanical keyboards that have been made before were market failures.

Judging from the battery life and from the video, it does not look like it is backlit, which poses problems for a lot of gamers.

If only they made a wireless one with Cherry MX Browns..

1 hour ago, RollinLower said:

meh.. if you make a wireless gaming board atleast make it TKL.

No, give it a Ten key, TKL, and 60% options, pyo. I love having the keypad on all my keyboards, except my MBP, SP4, and my HTPC's keyboard, pyo. Other people love minimalist keyboards, pyo.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

57 minutes ago, KR8NUX said:

How is this the first one? 

THE same Reddit thread he showed us also directs to this :

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/wiki/wireless-mechanical_keyboards

They have been around for ages, only not coming from A-list hardware companies like Logitech or Razer.

I haven't looked, but I think more what they're saying is this is the first wireless mechanical keyboard that's targeted at gamers and is actually usable for gamers.

On a side note. I'm really curious about what they're using for communication. I remember reading about passive wifi sometime ago. Seems like it fits the bill here.

Meanwhile, I'm here with an Amazon basics keyboard because I spent the rest of my budget on my rig

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

You know the Bluetooth capability is cool, and it's mechanical; I can by any laptop with out worry about the keys if I plan on typing an essay. Plus better couch master experience. 

11 hours ago, lilbman said:

Judging from the battery life and from the video, it does not look like it is backlit, which poses problems for a lot of gamers.

If only they made a wireless one with Cherry MX Browns..

I agree. I'd seriously consider it if it was MX Browns (or at least an equivalent). LED backlighting would be really nice too and I would trade battery life for that. Doesn't have to be anything more than bright enough to see the keys in the dark.

Sadly I'm likely back in the market for a new keyboard that isn't made by Corsair. Corsair's customer service is non-existent.

Spoiler

For the last 2 months I've been stuck using a junk cheap Logtech wireless keyboard because my Corsair k80 is sitting in their RMA department under rejection limbo now. They accepted the RMA after I told them and submitted a picture of its complete lack of SN on the label, none of my k80's ever had one, but then rejected it when they got it. To make it worse, this is the second time that one has been RMA'd. AFAIK, all the pre-RGB k80's didn't have SN's on the label.

1 minute ago, Name Taken said:

Doesn't all wireless signals travel at light speed?

Processing time on both ends adds delay. Signals have to be encoded and decoded.

9 hours ago, sqzit said:

I will stick with my Filco Majestouch Convertible 2 tkl

I'll stick with my Filco Majestouch Convertible 2 Cherry Brown (104 key) and my take anywhere Filco Majestouch Minila Air Cherry Brown ... both absolutely amazing keyboards.

I'm sensing an "(insert number) cheap wireless mechanical keyboard round-up" video in the near future.

Also those things have existed before but they were so expensive and rare nobody cared. Anyway now the first step has been done the floodgates will soon open and will be available probably faster than you might think.

China catches up surprisingly quickly with stuff like this.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

The Anker power bar plug has poor timing. I thought Linus was going to go on about how something unrelated somehow has better build quality for cheaper than Logitech's key caps. :P

8 hours ago, Name Taken said:

Doesn't all wireless signals travel at light speed?

8 hours ago, Kadah said:

Processing time on both ends adds delay. Signals have to be encoded and decoded.

As a side bar, electrical signals travel through copper at about 2/3rds the speed of light. In air, it's close enough to the vacuum speed. Is that enough to make a difference? I dunno.

And I'm sure the data packets in Logitech's wireless protocol is basically USB wrapped around something anyway so that it can be fed directly into the port. Technically it's extra overhead, but if the on-board chip is running at 50-100 something megahertz, are you really going to notice?

13 hours ago, Kadah said:

I agree. I'd seriously consider it if it was MX Browns (or at least an equivalent). LED backlighting would be really nice too and I would trade battery life for that. Doesn't have to be anything more than bright enough to see the keys in the dark.

Sadly I'm likely back in the market for a new keyboard that isn't made by Corsair. Corsair's customer service is non-existent.

Reveal hidden contents

For the last 2 months I've been stuck using a junk cheap Logtech wireless keyboard because my Corsair k80 is sitting in their RMA department under rejection limbo now. They accepted the RMA after I told them and submitted a picture of its complete lack of SN on the label, none of my k80's ever had one, but then rejected it when they got it. To make it worse, this is the second time that one has been RMA'd. AFAIK, all the pre-RGB k80's didn't have SN's on the label.

I have the G610 Orion Brown.  It has an all white backlighting and MX Brown switches.  I highly recommend it-I use it both at home and at work.  No one says anything about my keyboard, as they all assume there's nothing special about it. 

What if Logitech made a giant ass LIGHTSPEED mousepad for use with a wireless mechanical keyboard that uses LIGHTSPEED?  That would be the best solution IMO.  You wouldn't have to worry about battery life, and it will be truly wireless.  You would probably be also to use a mouse on it too.

17 hours ago, Name Taken said:

What would their "Lightspeed" products be referring to if not for the speed of the wireless signal? 

It will be purely marketing.

Most likely it's using a stock, but higher end, bluetooth chipset, or could be using the wireless system used on the high end wireless mice (no idea what those use, likely also something bt based). To get some custom radio solution certified would be far too expensive and time consuming for first off product in an unknown sized market segment.

• 2 weeks later...

Only thing I dislikes about the keyboard would be the batteries.... it's annoying having to deal with it....