Is there a way to use the WiiU GamePad with PC?

King_of_Oz
Go to solution Solved by Himommies,
Just now, King_of_Oz said:

One thing the screen It's literally called the "Wii U GamePad".

Lot's of pepole call the pro controller the gamepad too

I'm nost sure exactly how to set it up but you can use usendmii

http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/UsendMii

Not sure if this thread falls under the "Piracy" section of the community standards, so mods, if does, sorry. Take it down. Whatever, I'll post it anyway.

I want to try PC gaming with a controller, as ABZU (A game I have) plays a lot better with one. The only controller I have at my house is a WiiiU game pad. Is there a way to use it on PC? Please don't give me a link to some random shifty site with a "VIRUS FREE CERTIFIED" sticker on it. In fact, you'll get bonus points if you have used it before and can confirm it worked and doesn't fill your machine with malware.

Thanks!

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

By gamepad do you mean the one with the screen or the one that's more traditional looking

My life

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

By gamepad do you mean the one with the screen or the one that's more traditional looking

The one with the screen. It's literally called the "Wii U GamePad".

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

My build:

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

Haven't seen a way to use it yet. You would need a fairly specific receiver to connect it too, since the gamepad uses ~5Ghz signals to connect wirelessly.

EDIT: haven't seen that link @Sukhman mentioned yet, looks pretty interesting. And as I suspected you would need a 802.11AC wireless adapter to connect your gamepad.

Edited by Minibois

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, King_of_Oz said:

One thing the screen It's literally called the "Wii U GamePad".

My life

4 minutes ago, Sukhman said:

Sorry. Using Windows 10.

also,

My build:

6 minutes ago, Sukhman said:

6 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Haven't seen a way to use it yet. You would need a fairly specific receiver to connect it too, since the gamepad uses ~5Ghz signals to connect wirelessly.

EDIT: haven't seen that link @Sukhman mentioned yet, looks pretty interesting. And as I suspected you would need a 802.11AC wireless adapter to connect your gamepad.

5 minutes ago, Himommies said:

Found this:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/use-wii-u-gamepad-pc/

@Himommies Your link looks promising.

also,

My build:

10 minutes ago, Himommies said:

Have you seen it working before in real life? Or online from a reputable source?

also,

My build:

5 minutes ago, King_of_Oz said:

my thought is: interesting.

didn't expect the wii u tablet controller to use 5GHz but then again, bluetooth does not offer enough bandwidth to include a video stream for the screen.

using 5GHz also explains why people have reported problems using their gamepad as a portable console around the house.

5GHz is useless if it needs to go through a wall or two.

Just now, KenjiUmino said:

my thought is: interesting.

didn't expect the wii u tablet controller to use 5GHz but then again, bluetooth does not offer enough bandwidth to include a video stream for the screen.

using 5GHz also explains why people have reported problems using their gamepad as a portable console around the house.

5GHz is useless if it needs to go through a wall or two.

But I don't need it to go through a wall. My Wii U, Router, And PC are all within literally 3 feet of each other.

also,

My build:

4 minutes ago, King_of_Oz said:

But I don't need it to go through a wall. My Wii U, Router, And PC are all within literally 3 feet of each other.

yes but i think it is more complicated to take a wireless controller that uses wifi and connect it to a PC than it is to connect a bluetooth controller. 

i mean, i didn't hear much about the nvidia shield controller being used on PC either. 

that one uses wifi too.