HELP GTA 5 KEEPS CRASHING ON HIGH END SYS

Super panda

Hi guys 

GTA V keeps crashing on my PC. I don't know what to do....  I did everything to solve this problem but nothing works. I went to nvidia controll panel and played the settings and it stil crashes. I even tried to underclock my gpu and cpu but that didn't help me at all. Today I was playing gta online with my friends and everything went smoothly until we got to the final mission and suddenly my game decides to crash like always.... :( I lost a lot of progress. Right now I just want to throw my PC out of the window . I spent more than 1500 euro on this PC but it's even worse than a console :((((

Spec:

MSI GAMING X GTX 1080 Ti

i7 6700K @ 4.7 GHZ 

16 GB of ram DDR4 @ 2666 MHZ

Samsung SSD 960 EVO 256 GB 

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 512 GB

I play GTA V in 5K resolution high setting btw but this has noting to do with the crashes right ?

PLZ HELP I reinstalled the game more than 100 times and all of my drivers are up to date

ovzYCVV.png

I think your system is telling you it's time to move on to better games dude.. ;) 

Just a question. Do you even have a monitor of outputting in 5k (??) resolution? If you don't then turn that off, it's insane and unnecessary! 

2 minutes ago, Zebedeeboing said:

I think your system is telling you it's time to move on to better games dude.. ;) 

Just a question. Do you even have a monitor of outputting in 5k (??) resolution? If you don't then turn that off, it's insane and unnecessary! 

man I really like this game and no I use DSR resolution in nvidia control panel :) 

I have a

Just now, Nima123 said:

man I really like this game and no I use DSR resolution in nvidia control panel :) 

I have a 4K monitor

Had the same problem a while back, I suggest reinstalling directx from within the gta folder (CommonRedist), thats what I did, and so far, it seems to be working for me at least. Just find that DX setup in that folder and see if that solves your problem. I also read another possible fix for this problem is deleting the d3dcompiler_46.dll and d3dcsx_46.dll and re download those files. Hope this helps.  

Also, you should be running the game in windowed borderless, because fullscreen has also been tied to this issue for some reason.

I might be missing something as I don't play GTA 5 on pc (my digital prostitute and RTA simulation days are over) but why would you run in 5k if you have a 4k monitor? This could just be their lingo for 4k+ or something but not sure why you would call it that.. 

Anyway, are there any ways to boot the game into a safe mode or launch options before entry? If there are not you should be able to adjust the settings through NVIDIA experience panel. If you haven't already just try launching the game on the lowest settings and see what happens. I don't know why it would run fine and then just not (without working after reinstalls due to corrupted data files). 

1 minute ago, Zebedeeboing said:

I might be missing something as I don't play GTA 5 on pc (my digital prostitute and RTA simulation days are over) but why would you run in 5k if you have a 4k monitor? This could just be their lingo for 4k+ or something but not sure why you would call it that.. 

Anyway, are there any ways to boot the game into a safe mode or launch options before entry? If there are not you should be able to adjust the settings through NVIDIA experience panel. If you haven't already just try launching the game on the lowest settings and see what happens. I don't know why it would run fine and then just not (without working after reinstalls due to corrupted data files). 

lowest setting and other resolution didn't really help. The game crashes even in 1080p so I decided to just run the game in 5K res because my gpu can handle it :)

15 minutes ago, Nima123 said:

so I decided to just run the game in 5K res because my gpu can handle it :)

yea but your monitor can't so it's a really unintelligent thing to do.

It is literally putting extra load on your gpu/cpu for zero gain and dropping your framerate and/or ability to boost settings further ;) Not that it matters when the game won't run anyway lol 

Have you tried launching other games of similar graphics requirement to see if the same happens there?

If that doesn't work I would see if it is possible to delete save data entirely. I had a constant issue with Shadow of Mordor crashing over and over due to a corrupt save that Steam kept downloading from cloud saves. I think that would probably work for you. 

5 hours ago, Zebedeeboing said:

Have you tried launching other games of similar graphics requirement to see if the same happens there?

it only happens in gta online.  not even in gta single player

Pass. Can't help then ;) Have a search for the error message that came up and you should find something more easily than using forums. 

Personally I'd just hit that delete button and come play something better :P 

Just now, Zebedeeboing said:

Pass. Can't help then ;) Have a search for the error message that came up and you should find something more easily than using forums. 

Personally I'd just hit that delete button and come play something better :P 

HAHAHAHHAHA not a bad idea actually ;)

Try to run in admin mode. GTA is a bitch for no reasons sometimes.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO