Post error 00 on Asus Zenith Extreme X399

Threadripper build not posting, showing error code 00 next to a processor shape on the LED screen on-board. Tried switching RAM on every slot, reset button, switched graphics card and different pci-e slots, rebuilt whole thing, still not working. Any ideas, please let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

hello Oscar F, where you able to find the solution for your problem? I'm having exactly the same problem with my Asus Zenith Extreme X399 board.

In Combination with a X1950. Everything is connected the right way. 

But it is Giving an Error 00, but with the message Memory and it looks more like a Memory Module icon next to it.
First it says something like memory detection and than it switches the Error 00.

I checked all the cables, reseated the CPU. But it didn't help....

• 1 month later...

i now have the same issue was just testing outside to mkae sure things worked and got code 00 anyone know of a fix?

• 5 months later...

The error 00 specific to ASUS  ROG Zenith Extreme is due to a power issue somewhere between your Power Supply, Mobo and CPU.

Assuming your CPU was installed into the socket correctly, I would recommend you check both 8 pin EATX 12V sockets on the motherboard. Make sure your power supply is of decent quality and sufficiently stable. You can use the probelt and a multi-meter to validate voltages, starting with core voltage.

The BIOS of this motherboard is excellent, and is also capable of indicating voltages.

If there is any doubt regarding your cables between power supply and mobo, its always a great idea to check them with a multi-meter for continuity for pins, and also check for continuity between different pins (Shorts, Alternate wiring configurations/arrangements). If you are reusing a power supply, cable integrity or incorrect cable are both common issues.