Cheap but well rated liquid cooling?

Hello!

I have somewhat become use to the rather distracting jet engine that is my Hyper 103. Temperatures aren't a concern, but listening to the absolutely inaudible low hum of my father's Seidon 120V and remembering how quiet my Captain 120EX use to be I think it is time I switch back to liquid, both for the appearance, and my main focus on acoustics.

As of right now I have no money at all for this but I am in no rush currently, however I plan to keep is under £120 to keep fairly reasonable. I am not to bothered about RGB or super cool appearance but just a functional, silent loop.

Chassis: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5

CPU: i7 4790

I currently have box loads of fans so that is not a problem.

What I have my eyes on currently for the loop:

Pump & Reservoir combo:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yosoo-DC12V-Cooling-Exchanger-Cooler/dp/B00VHPADRW/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_147_bs_img_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=872ZCEH01VGT4P6J690C

Tubing:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/11mm-Clear-Tubing-Pipe-Metres/dp/B008NC98H8/ref=pd_bxgy_147_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=X0WN4KP50Y09YZ5BQXTW

Any Recommendations?

CPU Block:

// Don't know yet //

Radiator:

// Don't know yet //

Fittings:
will have to go by what everything else uses?

Fluid:
Preferably as pink as possible as that is my main colour scheme xD

Please give me your feedback and recommendations for what I can do, I live in the UK so please nothing like from China xD

Thank you massively in advance!

-EnergyEclipse

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

I looked for 8mm fittings and there isnt any for WC at all 

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

Don't.

Either save up $500+ for a good quality custom watercooling loop, or stick to AIOs and air cooling.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Don't.

Either save up $500+ for a good quality custom watercooling loop, or stick to AIOs and air cooling.

I had rough idea the average price for a good quality full loop was around £400, having ran the EK configurator a few times and having thrown a selection of things in the basket. I dreaded someone saying this but I do suppose you are correct in many ways :( 

I'm probably going to have to save up for the next 4 years to get that much and by then that money could be better spent on whatever comes then :ccc

11 minutes ago, EnergyEclipse said:

I had rough idea the average price for a good quality full loop was around £400, having ran the EK configurator a few times and having thrown a selection of things in the basket. I dreaded someone saying this but I do suppose you are correct in many ways :( 

I'm probably going to have to save up for the next 4 years to get that much and by then that money could be better spent on whatever comes then :ccc

Ok cool, well in the mean time don't kill your PC components with a leak from a cheap loop, otherwise you will need to spend all the money you saved up on a new PC. :P

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

With that money you can get much of a loop going tbh. You'd be better off getting something like a Celsius s24 (very quiet) or saving more up 

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

The EK stuff is very good. I recently ordered some of their stuff and would change absolutely nothing about it. The manufacturing and materials are amazing. Since you're on a budget check out their pre-bundled kits. They are not AIOs, just a collection of off the shelf parts like the configurator picks out for you, only a fair bit cheaper. The JayzTwoCents video about them is quite good. I ended up ordering a kit, as I had picked out the exact same parts, and the kit was significantly cheaper.

Also have you considered the EKWB fluid gaming lineup. That is significantly cheaper as its made entirely of aluminium. Mixed metals is NOT an issue, as there are no other metals in the loop.

I would not recommend deepcool AIOs, all the deepcool stuff I have ever bought is notoriously crap quality, and this is reflected in its price.

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

Do it the Linus way and get random parts that MIGHT fit together 

The only reason I'm here is that I have homework that I don't want to do

PC  Specs   CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 |GPU: Intel HD graphics 400 |RAM2 gigs  |STORAGE16 gigs

It took me half an hour to find where to change my signature :(

17 hours ago, Bigbootyjudy said:

Do it the Linus way and get random parts that MIGHT fit together 

My brother looked at doing that, for a while it was gonna look halfway between that video and scrapyard wars 2. He decided against it, and is now gonna adapt an old LGA775 tower I have to AM4.

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

Have a look at barrow fittings, tubing and reservoirs/pump housing if you want to save some money. 

There's a UK eBay seller I use who is great and the prices are very reasonable and available in a wide range of colours. 

The barrow stuff isn't a well known brand but it's decent imo. 

Build Log : Red N White Army

System Specs

NZXT S340

i7 4790k

Z97 MSI Gaming 5

Palit 980 Ti Super Jetstream

16GB HyperX Savage 1866 RAM

Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD

EVGA 750W G2 PSU

Custom Cooling Loop

23 hours ago, EnergyEclipse said:

Hello!

I have somewhat become use to the rather distracting jet engine that is my Hyper 103. Temperatures aren't a concern, but listening to the absolutely inaudible low hum of my father's Seidon 120V and remembering how quiet my Captain 120EX use to be I think it is time I switch back to liquid, both for the appearance, and my main focus on acoustics.

As of right now I have no money at all for this but I am in no rush currently, however I plan to keep is under £120 to keep fairly reasonable. I am not to bothered about RGB or super cool appearance but just a functional, silent loop.

Pump & Reservoir combo:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yosoo-DC12V-Cooling-Exchanger-Cooler/dp/B00VHPADRW/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_147_bs_img_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=872ZCEH01VGT4P6J690C

Tubing:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/11mm-Clear-Tubing-Pipe-Metres/dp/B008NC98H8/ref=pd_bxgy_147_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=X0WN4KP50Y09YZ5BQXTW

Any Recommendations?

CPU Block:

// Don't know yet //

Radiator:

// Don't know yet //

Fittings:

Fluid:

Please give me your feedback and recommendations for what I can do, I live in the UK so please nothing like from China xD

-EnergyEclipse

Cooler Master Seidon 120V Plus Watercooling kit - Blue LED indicator lights, support Intel LGA 2011 / 1366 / 1156 / 1155 /1151/1150/ 775 AMD Socket FM1 / AM3+ / AM3 / AM2

On 8/22/2017 at 7:23 PM, EnergyEclipse said:

Hello!

Pump & Reservoir combo:

Tubing:

Any Recommendations?

CPU Block:

// Don't know yet //

Radiator:

// Don't know yet //

Fittings:

Fluid:

-EnergyEclipse

@EnergyEclipse,

Don't use that pump it fails more often than works. I don't know your budget but this is a better configuration, this pump with this or similar reservoir and then this fitting to connect the two.

For the radiator DO NOT get anything other than a copper and brass one unless your blocks are aluminium, the cheaper radiators are made of aluminium. You can use a 120mm/140mm XSPC radiator for the CPU because it is not OCed, which is not to say you can't use a 240 radiator if you get a better price, i hope you understand what i mean. 

Make sure the fittings are not aluminium too. XSPC's fittings would be fine or if you find Barros's then that would be fine too as they would be cheaper, again make sure not to get the aluminium kind. What ever fittings you get make sure the tubing has the same ID(inner diameter) & OD(outer diameter) or you will get leaks. if you decide to get just plain barbs, they will be cheaper than compressions, make sure to get hose clamps because the pump has strong pressure head, that is the force of the fluid. 

I can't recommend any pink coolant because i only use distilled water, @For Science! will be better to advise you on that.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

On 23/08/2017 at 0:33 AM, Enderman said:

Don't.

This. 

Edit: I had the same idea as you, I even saved up £500 for watercooling... then 3 months later including a lot of bad decisions this happened:

O4hO7bvl.jpg

TLDR, save more than £500 lol

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

This is about all I can recommend regarding quality liquid cooling on a tight budget.

But be warned, if you go with these aluminum kits, you absolutely must stick with aluminum parts from here on out.

---

8 hours ago, Leonard said:

@EnergyEclipse,

Don't use that pump it fails more often than works. I don't know your budget but this is a better configuration, this pump with this or similar reservoir and then this fitting to connect the two.

For the radiator DO NOT get anything other than a copper and brass one unless your blocks are aluminium, the cheaper radiators are made of aluminium. You can use a 120mm/140mm XSPC radiator for the CPU because it is not OCed, which is not to say you can't use a 240 radiator if you get a better price, i hope you understand what i mean. 

Make sure the fittings are not aluminium too. XSPC's fittings would be fine or if you find Barros's then that would be fine too as they would be cheaper, again make sure not to get the aluminium kind. What ever fittings you get make sure the tubing has the same ID(inner diameter) & OD(outer diameter) or you will get leaks. if you decide to get just plain barbs, they will be cheaper than compressions, make sure to get hose clamps because the pump has strong pressure head, that is the force of the fluid. 

I can't recommend any pink coolant because i only use distilled water, @For Science! will be better to advise you on that.

This has been incredibly informative, and I massively thank you for your advise and huge amounts of help! :DD

I plan to use barbs as often as possible in order to be able to save a bit of money, as a packet of ten hose clamps go for around £2. I will hopefully save up as much as possible for a good 120mm radiator by XSPC (120mm is fine, as I do not plan to upgrade my CPU for the next many years :3), or a thicker one by Alphacool. EK Supremacy blocks look good as well and with your recommendations I think I will just about be able to squeeze under budget.

The name of that pump though xD

Thank you massively for your help! Have a great day!

-EnergyEclipse

22 hours ago, Intel HD Graphics said:

Cooler Master Seidon 120V Plus Watercooling kit - Blue LED indicator lights, support Intel LGA 2011 / 1366 / 1156 / 1155 /1151/1150/ 775 AMD Socket FM1 / AM3+ / AM3 / AM2

? :o

12 minutes ago, EnergyEclipse said:

This has been incredibly informative, and I massively thank you for your advise and huge amounts of help! :DD

I plan to use barbs as often as possible in order to be able to save a bit of money, as a packet of ten hose clamps go for around £2. I will hopefully save up as much as possible for a good 120mm radiator by XSPC (120mm is fine, as I do not plan to upgrade my CPU for the next many years :3), or a thicker one by Alphacool. EK Supremacy blocks look good as well and with your recommendations I think I will just about be able to squeeze under budget.

The name of that pump though xD

Thank you massively for your help! Have a great day!

-EnergyEclipse

The clamps must be like this type because the pump is really strong and will just force the coolant out when pressure builds up, those clamps do come in black too. Now make sure the hose you use is strong enough to not tear when you use the clamps because some of the thinner soft tube tears very easily when a clamp is tightened over it. I like to use double wall soft tube, it is more expensive but lasts whole year. I don't know if you have a tube shop near you but if you do look into Tygon antibacterial soft tube, probably the best you can get and it isn't that expensive.

Stay away from alphacool radiators because they are very very dirty with flux and seems to never fully come out no matter how much you flush it. XSPC maybe the cheapest you will get that is good quality and if you do get XSPC get the EX/RX over the AX, which is not to say if you get a good price on say an EX radiator should you pass it up. Another good radiator brand is hardware Labs.

The supremacy blocks do look nice and perform well, so do the XSPC Raystorm/Swiftech Apogee XL2/Heatkiller but heatkiller is wayyyyy more expensive but you never know you may save some money and find a deal and be able to get any of the three, you never know shop around.

Yes the pump name is very funny but works very good, is small and quiet, been running four months 24/7 without any issues so far.

Your welcome and enjoy the ride.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.