Amplifier and active Subwoofer ?

Hi,

im currently searching for a subwoofer, i have the SMSL AD18 as a Speaker amp and have my Jamo c-93 (my speakers) connected to them. now since i live in Germany it is kinda hard to find good stuff, i cant seem to find a good passive subwoofer that doesn't cost too much (max. = 300€). What i did find tho is several active subs, that have high lvl inputs like the Canton SUB 8.2, can i use those (high lvl inputs) to connect everything with each other ?

Your obviously not looking hard since Europe make some of the best speakers in the world and Germany is one of the better countries for speakers. America is quite lowly rated for its speaker quality.

Your wasting you time if you want to plug "this sub" into that smsl amp. Theres no chance in hell that a 50 Watt amp will run the any subs.

If you even look at the sub it says on the back high level input.
J-mFE1_4SuyVofM7uzBFuQ.png

10 minutes ago, Ahoy Hoy said:

Your obviously not looking hard since Europe make some of the best speakers in the world and Germany is one of the better countries for speakers. America is quite lowly rated for its speaker quality.

Your wasting you time if you want to plug "this sub" into that smsl amp. Theres no chance in hell that a 50 Watt amp will run the any subs.

If you even look at the sub it says on the back high level input.
J-mFE1_4SuyVofM7uzBFuQ.png

Frist of all, what i was saying is :  that fit into my budget ! And like i said i found a sub but i wasnt sure if there was a problem with active subs and speaker amps etc. since im not that educated in terms of Audio. and i "resolved" my issue since i did research and also bought a sub.

I wanted to find subs on which i don't need to spend 300€. And yes Europe has some damn good Subs./speakers from klipsch/Jamo/Nubert/Canton etc. but like i said they didnt fit into my budget at that time but that also changed and now i have an amp with sub out.

And also on "that sub" the amp doesn't do any amplification it just passes the signal trough to the sub

On 8/21/2017 at 5:55 AM, IndisciousWrath said:

Hi,

im currently searching for a subwoofer, i have the SMSL AD18 as a Speaker amp and have my Jamo c-93 (my speakers) connected to them. now since i live in Germany it is kinda hard to find good stuff, i cant seem to find a good passive subwoofer that doesn't cost too much (max. = 300€). What i did find tho is several active subs, that have high lvl inputs like the Canton SUB 8.2, can i use those (high lvl inputs) to connect everything with each other ?

Ok let see, according your model, I found the back panel to figured out how I can help.

For the sub, they say that you need to use the 3.5" wire to the sub  (The C connector).

Then you need a wire that you can connect to your LFE input subwoofer Look the attach picture.

Models and brands you can find many, maybe in Europe find a Yamaha is the best choice for your budget.

I'm in USA, so this is a link of what I found on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=subwoofer

You can try the Yamaha 8" 100W Powered Subwoofer - Black (NS-SW050BL)

I left here the wire you need and the back of your device.

Hope helps!

Cheers!

wire 2.jpg

your-device.jpg

2 hours ago, HRSCR said:

Ok let see, according your model, I found the back panel to figured out how I can help.

For the sub, they say that you need to use the 3.5" wire to the sub  (The C connector).

Then you need a wire that you can connect to your LFE input subwoofer Look the attach picture.

Models and brands you can find many, maybe in Europe find a Yamaha is the best choice for your budget.

I'm in USA, so this is a link of what I found on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=subwoofer

Hope helps!

Cheers!

wire 2.jpg

your-device.jpg

First of All id like to thank you for your help but i already bought the Canton 8.2 and the SMSL AD18 Gen 2 with a 3,5mm to rca cable so everything works now :)

8 hours ago, IndisciousWrath said:

First of All id like to thank you for your help but i already bought the Canton 8.2 and the SMSL AD18 Gen 2 with a 3,5mm to rca cable so everything works now :)

11 hours ago, HRSCR said:

Hope helps!

Cheers!

wire 2.jpg

your-device.jpg

I think the "C" connector is a digital input. He can use the high level inputs in his subwoofer plate amp instead.

• 1 month later...

How to Choose the Right Subwoofer:

• 8″ Subwoofers – The smaller the woofer the faster, more responsive and punchier it is. An 8″ woofer can keep up with faster-paced music. Heavy rock, double bass and fast-paced electronic are great candidates for an 8" sub. It’s a great choice for those who enjoy soft and light bass. An 8-inch subwoofer is one that compliments a system rather than overwhelming it. If you like very heavy and loud bass, this might not be the ideal choice for you.
  • 10″ Subwoofers – 10’s are very common. They are the most well-rounded and safest choice for a subwoofer on the market. The 10″ can keep up with fast-paced music while creating a respectable amount of bass. They are good for fast-paced music, and also good with heavier bass music. Rap, rock, club music, you name it. The 10" subwoofer will cover it all. But if you’re looking for big bass, you may have to double up with the 10″ to get the volume you want.
  • 12″ Subwoofers – If you listen to a wide variety of music but enjoy heavy bass, a 12″ subwoofer is for you. The 12″ sub is the most common in the marketplace today. This is because they are so universal. They're great for pretty much all types of music, produce a heavy bass and cover a deeper range of frequencies. They won’t keep up with fast-paced music such as heavy rock or metal as well as the 10″. But, it will sound great for all varieties of music, especially rap, electronic, club, and pop.
  • 15″ Subwoofers – 15" subwoofers aren't a common size sub. They're not a great solution to the everyday music listener either. But, if you are looking for ear bleeding bass then you are in the right category.

• 1 month later...
On 10/8/2017 at 7:23 AM, BernardCH said:

How to Choose the Right Subwoofer:

• 8″ Subwoofers – The smaller the woofer the faster, more responsive and punchier it is. An 8″ woofer can keep up with faster-paced music. Heavy rock, double bass and fast-paced electronic are great candidates for an 8" sub. It’s a great choice for those who enjoy soft and light bass. An 8-inch subwoofer is one that compliments a system rather than overwhelming it. If you like very heavy and loud bass, this might not be the ideal choice for you.
  • 10″ Subwoofers – 10’s are very common. They are the most well-rounded and safest choice for a subwoofer on the market. The 10″ can keep up with fast-paced music while creating a respectable amount of bass. They are good for fast-paced music, and also good with heavier bass music. Rap, rock, club music, you name it. The 10" subwoofer will cover it all. But if you’re looking for big bass, you may have to double up with the 10″ to get the volume you want.
  • 12″ Subwoofers – If you listen to a wide variety of music but enjoy heavy bass, a 12″ subwoofer is for you. The 12″ sub is the most common in the marketplace today. This is because they are so universal. They're great for pretty much all types of music, produce a heavy bass and cover a deeper range of frequencies. They won’t keep up with fast-paced music such as heavy rock or metal as well as the 10″. But, it will sound great for all varieties of music, especially rap, electronic, club, and pop.
  • 15″ Subwoofers – 15" subwoofers aren't a common size sub. They're not a great solution to the everyday music listener either. But, if you are looking for ear bleeding bass then you are in the right category.

That's a very handy info.

I still use my old Paradigm 10" sub 120W powered, is more that enought for the space where I have my setup. My Receiver can handle 2 subs  (It is a 9.2) and i like to add that those guys recommend use two sub's to get a better balance in the room and avoid "black sound holes" in some areas of the room.

Thank you for the info! ;)