Effects of moisture on pc fans?

Shadow_Storm56

I have a water cooling rad on my roof outside my window. Works amazing at server temps and dropped the room temp by 10c. It is under a cover to keep direct rain away but I wonder. How long will they last outside if they are decent quality fans do you think? Thanks

Sorry to dodge your question, but you could put like a small roof or piece of wood slightly above them to keep the rain off

8 minutes ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

It is under a cover

7 minutes ago, SHOOK_Linus said:

Sorry to dodge your question, but you could put like a small roof or piece of wood slightly above them to keep the rain off

Lelz

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

If they are noctua industrial fans they won't notice, might still chug away when you die.  Anything else... Eh.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

10 minutes ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

I have a water cooling rad on my roof outside my window. Works amazing at server temps and dropped the room temp by 10c. It is under a cover to keep direct rain away but I wonder. How long will they last outside if they are decent quality fans do you think? Thanks

With regular fans you worry would be the moisture getting to the electronics or bearing surfaces within the hub, as said Noctau's IP67 fans would be best suited for these kind of application.

46 minutes ago, SHOOK_Linus said:

I did but still moisture in the air