ATX expansion cards dimensions (specification wanted)

Go to solution Solved by HeroXLazer,
1 hour ago, M1k3y said:

Hello all,

just registered here since I have a problem I just couldn't fix.

Long story short, I'm designing a new case for my own PC (my first build). I want the case to be fully compatible with the ATX standard.

But I just can't find the specifications for the expansion cards (graphics card, additional network interface, etc).

Yes, I could just take my cards and meassure them, but than I can't be sure that ALL possible cards will fit. Also it will be a much cleaner build when I have absolute numbers. (Considering what odd numbers are used throughout the ATX standard, rounding would be a bad idea).

And before someone asks, yes I have searched the ATX specifications for information about the expansion cards.

When I have all the data I need I also plan to merge them into one big document to make it easier to build ATX-cases yourself.

Thank you all in advance.

--

Also please excuse my poor english, I'm not a native.

http://www.xilinx.com/Attachment/PCI_SPEV_V3_0.pdf

Page 182

Hello all,

Long story short, I'm designing a new case for my own PC (my first build). I want the case to be fully compatible with the ATX standard.

But I just can't find the specifications for the expansion cards (graphics card, additional network interface, etc).

Yes, I could just take my cards and meassure them, but than I can't be sure that ALL possible cards will fit. Also it will be a much cleaner build when I have absolute numbers. (Considering what odd numbers are used throughout the ATX standard, rounding would be a bad idea).

And before someone asks, yes I have searched the ATX specifications for information about the expansion cards.

When I have all the data I need I also plan to merge them into one big document to make it easier to build ATX-cases yourself.

--

No backup, no pity

Located at CET/CEST   ||   not a native english speaker

See http://formfactors.org/devlist.asp?FFID=-1&CatID=-1

Should be something in one of those ATX and mATX and ITX documents.

Some mechanical data should be in PCI Express documents (you'll have to search for them, they're usually only for money if you're member and so on.

But the card height and max allowed length would be same as PCI/AGP only the slot placement would be different.

Leave plenty of wiggle room. Some mITX cases have a removable panel to allow longer cards to poke outside the case. I've designed a bunch of cases myself, and that was actually my first attempt at modding. You're going to run into many such variables that are not easily answered. Especially because what is true today, may not be true in 6 months.

Best Excuses:

#1(simple) "Well, I never liked that stupid thing anyway!"

#2(complex) "Obviously there was a flaw in the material, probably due to the inadvertent introduction of contaminants during the manufacturing process."

3 minutes ago, MadModder said:

Leave plenty of wiggle room. Some mITX cases have a removable panel to allow longer cards to poke outside the case. I've designed a bunch of cases myself, and that was actually my first attempt at modding. You're going to run into many such variables that are not easily answered. Especially because what is true today, may not be true in 6 months.

Sure will do. But since I want a nice case instead of a small one, the space shouldn't be aproblem.

No backup, no pity

1 hour ago, M1k3y said:

Hello all,

--

http://www.xilinx.com/Attachment/PCI_SPEV_V3_0.pdf

Page 182

Thank you very much, that was exactly what I was searching for.

No backup, no pity