What do i need?

blackjack1525
Go to solution Solved by Enderman,
1 minute ago, blackjack1525 said:

and it plays audio through usb right? (sorry for the obv stupid questions)

Yes it will show up as a regular windows audio device and play all sounds from your programs.

I'm planning on buying a pair of Yamaha HS7's. Starting university in a couple of months so needed something to put on the desk.
Now I'm aware i need an audio interface. Can you guys recommend me something? I've read about the scarlett 2i2 and like the price range (€140).
Is there something similarly prices which i can use with both pc (usb) and phone (iphone)?

I'm aware not all of you agree with the purchase of the hs7s and have far better ideas, but thats not what i'm asking :)
Thanks!

HS7s are good, Scarlett interfaces are what I recommend.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 hour ago, Enderman said:

HS7s are good, Scarlett interfaces are what I recommend.

I'm no pro, but if i buy this one (http://www.gear4music.com/Recording-and-Computers/Focusrite-Scarlett-Solo-2nd-Gen/1KPV)
i can just go from mac > usb > scarlett > splitter from headphone jack to the speakers.
I dont plan on doing any music creation..

5 minutes ago, blackjack1525 said:

I'm no pro, but if i buy this one (http://www.gear4music.com/Recording-and-Computers/Focusrite-Scarlett-Solo-2nd-Gen/1KPV)
i can just go from mac > usb > scarlett > splitter from headphone jack to the speakers.
I dont plan on doing any music creation..

No, the 1/4" jack on the speakers is balanced, the headphone jack is just 1/4" stereo output.

You need to use the monitor outputs for your speakers.

Your speakers don't have RCA inputs on them so you should not try to use the scarlett solo.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

No, the 1/4" jack on the speakers is balanced, the headphone jack is just 1/4" stereo output.

You need to use the monitor outputs for your speakers.

Your speakers don't have RCA inputs on them so you should not try to use the scarlett solo.

What would you suggest then? would this work in the config i said previously? (http://www.gear4music.com/Recording-and-Computers/Focusrite-Scarlett-2i2-2nd-Gen/1KPW)

Just now, blackjack1525 said:

What would you suggest then? would this work in the config i said previously? (http://www.gear4music.com/Recording-and-Computers/Focusrite-Scarlett-2i2-2nd-Gen/1KPW)

Yes the 2i2 will work, it has balanced outputs.

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

Yes the 2i2 will work, it has balanced outputs.

1 minute ago, blackjack1525 said:

Yes it will show up as a regular windows audio device and play all sounds from your programs.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Great, thanks for helping me out :)